Addons folder problems

Hello, the problem I have is that I don't have the addons folder in pc. It's not near the .exe file nor in any other Gw2 folder. I even searched whole pc and got 0 matches. I've tried reinstalling Gw2 but it haven't changed anything. Artificially creating it won't start the addons so I was wondering if anyone encountered something similar.(I'm using Taco sometimes and it works fine, cause it doesn't need to be in the addons folder)

I was trying to get arcdps to improve and learn rotations on a golem so that I won't just be a burden in raids, but I've tried it also with the mount wheel one and it didn't worked either. Thanks much, it's working in bin64. (Also I messed it up the first time, cause I was putting it in program files(x86) and the gw2 I'm using is in program files so it was probably just me messing up from the start, tyvm)

In case you're not aware, there's an "unofficial" GW2 Addon Manager that you can use to install and update addons. You just install it into it's own folder and run it, then tell it where your "\Guild Wars 2" folder is located, select which addons you want it to install and let it do the work for you. ;)

@tsabee.1870 said:Also if there is a game update arcdps will most likely drop you out of the game in that case you need to remove the file.

@"Frodox.1283"Best practise is to always look up https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/ (scroll down to end of page for x64:current > d3d9.dll) drag and drop it from where you saved it into bin64 folder for GW2 and replace the older version with the newest one after a patch or any update. (Check Last Modified for when file where updated in case it might take some time to upload a new version). Restart client (GW2 to update with the new d3d9.dll version for ArcDPS).

Also that folder for addon will be created if ArcDPS need it, so there are folder that might not exist yet until you run ArcDPS at least once. Other Addon:s might also have their own way of doing things and create or use same place as ArcDPS for add on files. You should see that information on deltaconnects site for those add on:s or from where you downloaded those add on, if they had their own site.

@"Frodox.1283" said:I was trying to get arcdps to improve and learn rotations on a golem so that I won't just be a burden in raids, but I've tried it also with the mount wheel one and it didn't worked either. Thanks much, it's working in bin64. (Also I messed it up the first time, cause I was putting it in program files(x86) and the gw2 I'm using is in program files so it was probably just me messing up from the start, tyvm)

1. Never install anything that isn't system-related in any of the Program Files system folders, be it Program Files (x86) for 32-bit software or Program Files for 64-bit software. Create your own Games folder on your disk, if possible on a separate partition.
  2. GW2 does not create an Addons folder, you have to create it manually or the software you install will create it automatically.
  3. There are a few guides that can be found online that will help you with installing and running several addons at the same time (e.g., this link), depending on what addons you intend to install. ShadowCatz provided you with a link, but I am certain you can also find video guides on YouTube for ArcDPS.

• 8 months later...

If you are using dx11 the file needs to go in the same folder as the Gw2-64.exe and renamed to d3d11.dll instead

I don't remember if arc showed anything by default but you can press alt+shift+t to bring up its main menu.

However you should have an addons folder in there as well because arc creates it since that is where arc puts its logs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1