WvW Has lost a great Commander and friend

I wanted to share this with everyone, one of our Guildies past away a few weeks ago to cancer, his name was Canis Lupis, he was the co guild leader of [Hate] and second wvw driver. He meant a lot to us and has been a huge impact to the Guild. He was a great friend and was always so positive in life. Anet blessed us with a shrine in his remembrance. It's located North camp. If you see the shrine, plz know he is watching.....

TY ANET, he loved this game mode since launch. And played it up to the coming months till he couldn't physically play anymore before his passing.His presence will never be forgotten, ty all!!

• Like 4

Only time heals...

It's moments like this...that make you realize just how important even the silly things in life...

Are sometimes the really important things that you'll treasure when you leave.

Hope the day you can find peace & comfort comes soon.

Diku

Thank you Bully, Hate, KT, Anet, and SBI for all you have done for Canis and his family. I am heart-broken again and again. I miss everything about Canis from our late-night wolf talks to his little pony.I feel like it's time for you to come home.Love you,Milly

My condolences to you and your guild. Didn't know them, but knew of them. Glad Anet saw it to do this.We spend a lot of time in this subforum arguing with each other in part because this is a competitive gamemode, we're passionate, but if you take a moment to step back you'll realize this is one of the strongest and close-knit communities in mmo gaming. Reddit, the development team and the folks on the websites of other online games will often tell you as much, one of gw2's biggest strengths is its community.Clearly when people say stuff like that they're thinking of players like Canis Lupis.

I'll swing by and pay my respects on occasion.

~ Kovu

So sorry to hear this. There was a few times I got to run with him when the links were right, and there was a fun time when Elrenia [HELL] led a squad of us on a flanking attack to help Canis Lupus take SMC. Had to have been about a year ago. Good times.

He will be missed. There is so few of us long timers left in WvW these days it seems.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Canis Lupis. I was thinking that it might be a respectful idea to have eternal memorial packages in-game. I would be interested in preserving some quotes and memories of fallen in-game comrades. With respect, the option could be named after your friend. Just some thoughts.