Help regarding designing a male Charr

Hello dear fellow players,

I have recently been struggling with an issue regarding the appearance of my male Charr. I use a number of Total Makeover Kits to customize him, but I'll end up seeing myself again in the character editor later.

I really want to avoid the lion face and the anime hairstyle as there are too many other players running around with it. Strange reason to avoid a face and haircut I know, but I want to be "unique", if you can call it that.

I also have a problem with finding a good setting for the fur. Be it pattern or color. I always end up using a light brown with a dark pattern. Boring, I know.

In the end, I'm just never 100% satisfied with my character and always see other Charr and think to myself: "Woah, I would never have thought of that." or "That looks cool!"

So I ask you now, dear forum;Show me your best male Charr who don't follow the "Charr Male Meta" trend.

I would like to add that I do not intend to copy any of your characters. I just want to collect insights and use it to shape my character in the end. It won't be a doppelganger, I promise.

English is not my native language.

Here's mine. I didn't have any particular theme in mind when I created him, other than 'thief' and he's changed very little since I made him (although he did get a new face at one point), but I like the end result:jFvMLtk.jpgeuTF5Ih.jpg

I've also made several tempoary ones but I can't find any screenshots at the moment. But for what it's worth my approach is usually to either pick a colour and then find things that look good with it or pick a fur pattern and then pick colours that make it stand out.

Edit: Added new screenshot which maybe shows off his face a bit better.

When I create new characters I often already have a new build/playstyle in mind before I even get to the character creation screen.I make builds on one of the build editor websites and once i'm satisfied with it and decide yes.. this is a build i'm going to make in game, I then use that build as inspiration for what I want the character to look like.. or at the very least the kind of theme i'm going to go after.In many cases the build will even end up inspiring the name of that character as well, this is especially useful for me when naming my Charr.

For example I have a female Charr in the Ash legion who I was hell bent on being a Minion Master.So she ended up with the last name Ashfiend which I still love to this day.. fits her so well.

There's the super sayan anime hairstyle that everyone uses, and there's the other anime hairstyle too that's less used. From what i observed at least.And yeah, a lot of lion faces. :tongue:

I like the second anime one, as it fits kinda with my Charr's theme. He's a mesmer which you know - what? Charr, a mesmer?So that's already something i didn't really see much.

And since mesmer magic is all shades of pink and purple, i got him a magenta frosted tips. :tongue: Looked ridiculous at first, but i can't imagine him without it now, fits so well!

And of course, the color scheme has to fit too. :wink:

Here's some of the screenshots:(i like how Charr hold their weapons, it's so badass!)

4SH2LMh.jpgnuEV17C.jpgivH26Bu.jpgBGfwrGJ.jpg

But - whatever you do to the face and hair doesn't really matter as you'll mostly be looking at armor and weapons from afar. So make sure you like that look first before changing anything. The face might not be a problem.

So... I can't say how meta my main's design is, he's been created at the release and I've never found the will to even consider changing any of his features.

QuYSfP5.jpgJa9lSOf.jpg

I've found out by accident that this face in particular created a semblance of a distinguished beard when contrasting the primary and secondary colours on a certain pattern, the grey here is primary and doesn't take over the secondary orange colour on the face. The final creation had a vibe similar to Oddworld's Stranger; the teeth, reduced in size from default, may still take some getting used to. The hair is nothing extravagant.