just make hero swappable mid game

felix.2386

if you really want to make this unbalanced kitten with 0 counter playlike longbow soulbeast one shot gimmick, if you just run low mobility like even warrior, you can do nothing even if you avoid his busrt he will just burst your teammate again and again and theres nothing you can do about it because he will just gs and merg run away , the only thing you can do is swap to character with blink/teleporteven overwatch has hero swap because they know they cant balance, you cant balance for kitten yet you limit hero swap? like what

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Filip.7463" said:Whats the benefit of multiclassing then?

You can always choose to switch to the character you want to play
before
starting to queue.The match maker tries to match the professions on each team, so switching afterwards
technically
is match manipulation.It's not "technically". IT IS MATCH MANIPULATION. Imagine if we could queue with 1 silver account then switch back to our plat account after the MM had tried its best to make a fair game and then people say "wHaT' s ThE bEnEfIt Of MuLtI-aCcOuNt tHeN".
EVERY VARIABLE THAT THE MM TAKES INTO ACCOUNT FOR MAKING A FAIR GAME SHOULD REMAIN CONSTANT THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME
. PERIOD. It's not rocket science.

@Filip.7463 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:They should actually do the opposite and disable character swap at the start.

If you queue with one character, you should also play with it.

Whats the benefit of multiclassing then?

This season you can see players queuing as core thief and swapping to bunker guard 1 second before the match starts. I suppose this is the benefit of multiclassing you are looking for.

You see, professions in GW2 are designed to do everything, of course some do it better than others, but in one way or another, they all can accomplish the same. This is why blocking character swaps in queue lock altogether is a good thing, if you have a bad match up, re-roll in the profession to fit that role needed.

This alone introduce a great deal of build diversity because people will have to innovate in their role as the same profession.

I must be the only Rev main here who has 4 types of builds (Even support.) ready for anything rather than panic swapping and manipulation of queues before the game is even started. This also makes up for profit at Anet with the new build templates and takes a dump on alt accounts that match manipulate with their already limited options.

For Anet to do; block character swapping the moment someone press the accept button and to compensate for load times during character swap, increase the amount of time to accept said queue to a minute or so.

I don't care for the inconvenience that it causes it people, I want my gameplay to get better.

Also Overwatch is a bad example because they have static characters, GW2 has builds that are made from scratch. If your match up is bad in a ranked, find ways around it. AT's allow profession swap but not build swapping, it's already good enough since you're in an organized team, not a PUG.

I have always disagreed with people being able to change class before the match starts. But I do wish we could alter builds mid match of the class you are playing using build and equipment templates when you are in the respawn area. So many times it would be helpful to do such things when you either have to many supports or not enough on a given team.

imagine if this were real. i bet every now and then there would be 2 try hards, one on each team. one switches to counter the other, the other guy switches too. maybe another team mate switches instead. it would be a constant 4v5 shit fest for both teams. might not happen too often but enough times to make people hate the ability to switch toon mid game. honestly one time would be too many.