Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

GWMO.4785

I have been noticing that my character stays tilted when im doing.. anything. This did occure very rarely. But for some reason its happening a lot more lately. And with that actually starts bothering me. Searching through the forums i see some other people had same issues. But never really has been shed light on from Anet's side. So im hoping this come to attention (again). The screenshot displays exactly what i mean. And no it hasnt been editted. This is a straightup screenshot from the game

wXhFxTw.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

For about 1.5 to 2 months now, player characters are constantly tilting with the terrain, i.e. producing a 90° angle between the character and the ground beneath their feet (stairs, hills and other types of slopes they are standing on) instead of keeping upright, as gravity demands, and bending their knees to make up for any inclination in the terrain.

It's a bug you can't ignore as it looks truly comical, especially when you manage your character to take a position at ledges to look like they were lying flat in the air.

Can we please get an official statement on whether devs are aware of this and working on a fix? Thanks.

Edit (Dec 25, 2021): I just made a quick video to demonstrate the issue. If someone cannot replicate it, please let us know! I'm dying to learn if there are indeed people who get spared the headache.

It has been clear for a long time now that this happens whenever your character is being knocked off their feet. It's been a year, and ANet still hasn't fixed it. :classic_sad:

Edit 2 (Jan 8, 2022): And here is little demonstration of the temporary self-fix:

Edited by Ashantara.8731

@Adamixos.6785 said:Yeah, this is really annoying. It actually happens right after your character is CC'd (knock down, launch, push back, etc.)

There does not seem to be a clear rule on what's causing it. Sometimes I just run around with a zerg in WvW without fighting and my character starts tilting with the terrain. At one time, I was casting as a HFB on a ledge and my character tilted 90° in the air, feet on the ledge. When I stopped casting, it normalized for a bit. Totally random.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/122230/my-daredevil-is-constantly-leaning-or-tilting-unnaturally-with-the-terrain

The common denominator is getting forcefully moved, unless WvW has it's own shenanigans at play, yet "random" is a cheap excuse for avoiding saying "I don't know".Mind that the CC doesn't need to come from a player's skill. You can get slapped by a hammer, shot by a trebuchet, dismounted through damage... pick your poison, and it'll still end up tilting the character, and, as I've said in the linked thread, you can go for hours without noticing it because you've been doing stuff and not focusing on your own animations, since the issue has to get either forcefully corrected by changing the model via a tonic, for example, or by an /emote, or standing still, in some cases.

Which already suggests not all tilts are angled equal, and as such, by all means, test stuff, notice stuff, note down stuff and help the devs with information.Just don't run around saying "God did it". Hurts everybody in the end.

@"Randulf.7614" said:I've had it a 2-3 times since the top of the year. Seems to quickly reset itself. I haven't had it enough to bother me.

Of course now I've said that, it'll prob happen every few minutes...

...or you might just notice it more often. ;) Since PvE isn't a constant running up and down a hill, it's probably less noticeable than in WvW:

WEvsqJF.jpg

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:I've had it a 2-3 times since the top of the year. Seems to quickly reset itself. I haven't had it enough to bother me.

Of course now I've said that, it'll prob happen every few minutes...

...or you might just notice it more often. ;) Since PvE isn't a constant running up and down a hill, it's probably less noticeable than in WvW:

WEvsqJF.jpg

It's not a question of not noticing it, it's a question of WvW being more about being on your feet. In in pve if I'm not in combat, then I'm zooming about on a mount - and more often than not the skyscale or raptor. Titlting isn't going to crop up when flying or leaping around.

I'be tried to play HoT more in the traditional non mount way recently so that's why I've started noticing it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edit (Dec 25, 2021): I just made a quick video to demonstrate the issue:

It has been clear for a long time now that this happens whenever your character is being knocked off their feet (pushed, pulled, knocked back/down). It's been a year, and ANet still hasn't fixed it. :classic_sad:

Edit 2 (Jan 8, 2022): And here is little demonstration of the temporary self-fix:

ORIGINAL POST:

I just did the daily DRMs, and since Fireheart Rise has a lot of uneven terrain, the character tilting was extremely noticeable...

This has been going on for three months now, and we still have not received any official statement on behalf of this awful bug. My character has been roaming Tyria in weird angles for that long, and it starts looking comical. 😕

It makes the game look like the devs don't know how to program character alignment according to the laws of gravity, but we all know that is not true, because it wasn't the case prior to a patch from late December/early January - before, it used to be an occasional bug, now it's the rule.

It is happening everywhere (not just in WvW) and mostly with weapons drawn:

https://i.imgur.com/i6UnwqP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WEvsqJF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dCmAm2I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lpWNpbu.jpg

Is anyone working on a fix or is the game simply going to look like this from now on?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Added videos (Dec 25, 2021 and Jan 6, 2022)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:For some, and others it does not affect, at all.I wonder what those affected have in common.

I wonder that, too. It's been happening to me a lot, as well. It's disorienting, especially when you're trying to make it up narrow ledges. Thus far, it has only been affecting my human characters, but I have seen reports of it happening with the Norn as well.

• Confused 1

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:For some, and others it does not affect, at all.I wonder what those affected have in common.

Are you certain? I don't know what game modes you play and how much you fight on uneven terrain, but I - personally - don't know a single player who isn't affected by it. It mostly seems to happen when you character has their weapon drawn and enters fight mode, but sometimes it also happens with weapons stowed simply walking across uneven grounds.

• Haha 1