Revert the nerfs

Dethikor.1043

WvW was fun when I could teleport mid zerg, burst a glass player down(sometimes be lucky enough to get a stomp if the zerg wasn't paying me much mind or I used skills properly), then leap back out on meme hunter, the few times I lived makes the deaths well worth it.

It's too scary still. Need moar nerfs!

No seriously, I could make a montage of players seeing me and straight up running away. I could make another montage of people seeing me and running away only to see an ally of theirs behind them, then turning around to fight me 2v1 rofl.

But it's ok, I will just wait until they go to reflip a camp and when they are buried in npcs then I will gank them. Game much more fun for all now...

@"Justine.6351" said:No seriously, I could make a montage of players seeing me and straight up running away. I could make another montage of people seeing me and running away only to see an ally of theirs behind them, then turning around to fight me 2v1 rofl.You could call it... "A video of normal WvW gameplay when the enemy cant defeat me 1v1".

Seems like a pretty dull montage though. Unless you do it as a mesmer only using torch offhand or something.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:No seriously, I could make a montage of players seeing me and straight up running away. I could make another montage of people seeing me and running away only to see an ally of theirs behind them, then turning around to fight me 2v1 rofl.You could call it... "A video of normal WvW gameplay when the enemy cant defeat me 1v1".

Seems like a pretty dull montage though. Unless you do it as a mesmer only using torch offhand or something.

Eh... shouldn't really be seeing some of these classes and ranks running from engagements while playing smallscale. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:No seriously, I could make a montage of players seeing me and straight up running away. I could make another montage of people seeing me and running away only to see an ally of theirs behind them, then turning around to fight me 2v1 rofl.You could call it... "A video of normal WvW gameplay when the enemy cant defeat me 1v1".

Eh... shouldn't really be seeing some of these classes and ranks running from engagements while playing smallscale. Doesn't make a lot of sense.Since when do classes and ranks have anything to do with fighting skills though?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Justine.6351 said:No seriously, I could make a montage of players seeing me and straight up running away. I could make another montage of people seeing me and running away only to see an ally of theirs behind them, then turning around to fight me 2v1 rofl.You could call it... "A video of normal WvW gameplay when the enemy cant defeat me 1v1".

Eh... shouldn't really be seeing some of these classes and ranks running from engagements while playing smallscale. Doesn't make a lot of sense.Since when do classes and ranks have anything to do with fighting skills though?

Experience and build options? Would you expect a platinum rank daredevil to mount up to run away and then waypoint when approached by another single player?

@"Justine.6351" said:It's too scary still. Need moar nerfs!

No seriously, I could make a montage of players seeing me and straight up running away. I could make another montage of people seeing me and running away only to see an ally of theirs behind them, then turning around to fight me 2v1 rofl.

But it's ok, I will just wait until they go to reflip a camp and when they are buried in npcs then I will gank them. Game much more fun for all now...

Yup, but this doesn't seem to be reliant on the "current state of balance". Happened before too and will keep happening no matter what you change.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:It's too scary still. Need moar nerfs!

Yup, but this doesn't seem to be reliant on the "current state of balance". Happened before too and will keep happening no matter what you change.

Nah man its gotten really sad. It's just mindblowing some times. Last year they nerfed power builds to increase time to kill to help out less experienced players and all that has happened on that front is even more potential encounters starting and ending with people just straight up running and waypointing.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:It's too scary still. Need moar nerfs!

Nah man its gotten really sad. It's just mindblowing some times. Last year they nerfed power builds to increase time to kill to help out less experienced players and all that has happened on that front is even more potential encounters starting and ending with people just straight up running and waypointing.

The part of me that likes fighting is disappointed when that happens, but the part of me that likes winning remembers my forum sig. Depends whether they play to fight or to win I guess.

@Justine.6351 said:

Experience and build options? Would you expect a platinum rank daredevil to mount up to run away and then waypoint when approached by another single player?How do you know he's experienced if he didnt fight you?

A diamond legend can log on to a meta daredevil build with all legendary armor and legendary daggers (because of course, thats mandatory on a thief) and still be absolute dogshit at it because he's played a daredevil for 5 minutes over the last 5 years.

You seem to forget we're not locked to a single character, yet the rank is accountwide.

Also if you really want to analyze it, its easy to imagine that a high rank player knows his limitations and probably assumes what you run and decides nope, wont engage.

Incidently, thats what I do with thieves since I know they can disengage at will. If I see one, I'm not going to willingly engage and will happily do a 180 and move along unless:A) he threathen a nearby objective in which case defense is an optionB ) I am cornered and have no way out but to fight.C) we outnumber him at least 3 to 1 because thieves deserve neither pity or mercy.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Experience and build options? Would you expect a platinum rank daredevil to mount up to run away and then waypoint when approached by another single player?How do you know he's experienced if he didnt fight you?

A diamond legend can log on to a meta daredevil build with all legendary armor and legendary daggers (because of course, thats mandatory on a thief) and still be
absolute kitten at it
because he's played a daredevil for 5 minutes over the last 5 years.

You seem to forget we're not locked to a single character, yet the rank is accountwide.

Also if you
really
want to analyze it, its easy to imagine that a high rank player knows his limitations and probably assumes what
you
run and decides nope, wont engage.

Incidently, thats what I do with thieves since I know they can disengage at will. If I see one, I'm not going to willingly engage and will happily do a 180 and move along unless:A) he threathen a nearby objective in which case defense is an optionB ) I am cornered and have no way out but to fight.C) we outnumber him at least 3 to 1 because thieves deserve neither pity or mercy.

Rank does matter. By the time you are silver you will know what you have and what you will face, certainly in small-scale. Nobody just randomly ignorantly chooses deadeye to roam for the first time for 5 minutes lol...

I guess I am different. I will take a fight with any player on any build at least once. You don't get experience by running away because you might lose. Death is free. Anet removed any cost associated with that years ago. I did that with ranger, hammer rev and now am doing that with chronomancer.

• 2 weeks later...

Over time, Arena Net has been trying to make the scourge a mediocre profession in the WvW category, going so far as to nerf the number of shadow targets to 2. In short, those who still play the scourge in wvw are people passionate about this profession.

the early 2020 damage removal nerf patch was really a big messup. worst decision ever, the "nerf everything" just made a certain natural classbalance totally nuts.

first mistake however was to add gliding and even bigger, warclaw, later to maps that did not gain size. these maps were obviously not created for this movementbonusstuff. gliding is still fine, but the warclaw was too much. maps became way too small, and the structuring of them was never even adapted for that stuff.

@"Dethikor.1043" said:Put WvW back to how the devs originally balanced it, not how the community complained it into what it is now. I found it a lot more fun then compared to how it is now ?‍♂️ Just my opinion. #getgoodatthegame2021

Broke:

Doing the work and releasing Alliances

Woke:

Not needing to release alliances because you killed WvW for good by reverting to the immediately post-HoT "dragon hunter LB5 spam" meta that nuked the playerbase