World Linking 3/26/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

• ArenaNet Staff

Here are the worlds for EU:

• Abaddon's Mouth (DE), Miller's Sound (DE)
  • Aurora Glade (EN), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
  • Baruch Bay (SP)
  • Desolation (EN), Whiteside Ridge (EN)
  • Drakkar Lake (DE), Kodash (DE)
  • Dzagonur (DE), Fissure of Woe (EN)
  • Elona Reach (DE)
  • Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Vizunah Square (FR)
  • Gandara (EN), Fort Ranik (FR)
  • Jade Sea (FR), Augury Rock (FR)
  • Piken Square (EN), Blacktide (EN)
  • Ring of Fire (EN), Gunnar's Hold (EN)
  • Riverside (DE), Vabbi (EN)
  • Seafarer's Rest (EN), Arborstone (FR)
  • Underworld (EN)

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Anvil Rock, Borlis Pass
  • Blackgate, Northern Shiverpeaks
  • Crystal Desert, Eredon Terrace
  • Darkhaven, Gate of Madness
  • Dragonbrand, Devona's Rest
  • Ferguson's Crossing, Tarnished Coast
  • Fort Aspenwood, Kaineng
  • Henge of Denravi, Stormbluff Isle
  • Jade Quarry, Sanctum of Rall
  • Maguuma, Sorrow's Furnace
  • Sea of Sorrows, Isle of Janthir
  • Yak's Bend, Ehmry Bay

Notice how many of the links stayed the same and Gandara got linked with Fort Ranik, for how many times already?

Elona also got unlinked, even though they've been stuck between T4-T5.

Not sure why Deso couldn't stay with Arborstone either, if most of the other links stayed the same, cause we lack guilds and open tags now, even when they lead in French most of the time.

It looks like all that's left on wsr is roamers, ppters and two guilds left, not sure we need more ppt, but we need more open tags for sure.

Piken Square, full server stuck in T1 occasionally dropping to T2...GETS A LINK?! IS THIS A JOKE?Not only any link, Blacktide. Blacktide, which we get like 80% of the time there's a relink.Meanwhile servers who were linked and struggled to climb up, now get unlinked and left alone.I. Do. Not. Understand. Those. Choices.

(Seriously, you'd make more money leaving us alone and letting us drop so people transfer off.)

Lol. This is going to be fun. I played release until end 2013 on underworld. And then when I came back in 2019 I didn't immediately start with WvW again. Played starting last year again I think. Seemed we were stronger. At first it depended on the link. But with the previous 2-3 links always in T1. (And back then in 2013 one of the weakest servers.)

Let's see how we get pwned (I guess) without the link. But I prefer it that way. T1 had gotten a bit boring I think. :D

BG + NSP -> Will have around the clock coverage with two large servers that are both PPT focused.HOD + SBI -> This one has happened before, but both are extremely SEA heavy. They'll be Q'ing every map off hours.AR + BP -> Fight stacked pairing, although I believe BP has lost some guilds. This will be a nightmare to roam against.

Usually I find only one or two of the pairings each relink is particularly stacked or very heavy in one timezone. It's unavoidable so I don't see it as a problem if one or two pairings are strong for the duration of the link. This time though, there are 3 pairings that are pretty yikes, and Mag + SF is questionable as Mag absolutely hates SF.

I'm not going to complain about it because it is what it is and everyone will shuffle around anyway, but this is definitely the worst of the relinks I've seen in quite a while.