Super high ping in the last few days

I am also getting very high ping spikes while playing. I even posted this on my ISP’s forum and more people replied there on their forum. The weird thing is that you can’t properly do a trace because you only get time-out after like the 3th node. It’s seems like something has changed in the routing table. All I know is that between me and my isp I get 3-4 ms and that is perfect.

@Toast.4592 said:Same, absolutely unplayable. It's just GW2 for me and the spikes go from 100 - 4000 ping. I play mainly WvW and it seems to affect only a few players in my guild.

A friend had trouble with high ping in my raid static.Not just reseting router fixed it they had to factory reset it to get back to a stable connection.Might be worth trying it.

I have also the same problems with high ping. Contacted my provider they say its the Amazon servers that are the issue. Contacted support with a ticket and they dont look at all. They only want me too check my computer and connection. Again it's not my pc or internet connection its Amazon servers that are the issue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Renate.4820 said:I have also the same problems with high ping. Contacted my provider they say its the Amazon servers that are the issue. Contacted support with a ticket and they dont look at all. They only want me too check my computer and connection. Again it's not my pc or internet connection its Amazon servers that are the issue.

They will look once everyone stop playing the game.

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, Renate.4820 said:

I have also the same problems with high ping. Contacted my provider they say its the Amazon servers that are the issue. Contacted support with a ticket and they dont look at all. They only want me too check my computer and connection. Again it's not my pc or internet connection its Amazon servers that are the issue.

I am having this same issue, with the traceroute timing out at 99.82.178.100, which appears to be an Amazon server also.  I would think this would be a concern for Arenanet.  I have no interesting in paying any more money into a service I cannot enjoy.

(Necro'd thread, so this is in response to recent posts.)

Before everyone starts replying they're getting high pings; the entire login server went down for several hours a few days ago, which is something that almost never happens in this game.

They've clearly been having alot of unforseen stress from New World; all modern servers are shared virtual machine clusters, and all modern infrastructures are built upon distributed technologies as well. Ideally one service would ever affect another but as long as there's even a single common node somewhere along the way it still happens.

Give a bit more time for the dust to settle.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

There are several threads already on this topic. 

I have resigned myself to the fact that the game is unplayable for now. The only thing I do is login to collect daily chests and check my BLTC. Forget trying to even run a fractal or any other instance, chances are the game will lag death you or just time out. 

Pretty sad that development wont even address the obvious issue with even a comment, but then again its things like this thats soured my opinion of devs so much I rarely put money into any game now. Tired of their crap, and its only ever the money flow (or lack thereof) that inspires them to do anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/3/2021 at 2:02 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

(Necro'd thread, so this is in response to recent posts.)

Before everyone starts replying they're getting high pings; the entire login server went down for several hours a few days ago, which is something that almost never happens in this game.

They've clearly been having alot of unforseen stress from New World; all modern servers are shared virtual machine clusters, and all modern infrastructures are built upon distributed technologies as well. Ideally one service would ever affect another but as long as there's even a single common node somewhere along the way it still happens.

Give a bit more time for the dust to settle.

if this is the issue i find it very odd that i have no issues with new world (we speaking stable 20-30ms) tho i do with guild wars 2 (still shows my usual 40-60ms but spikes to 1k+) i had for the last 1 week, in wvw it is literally unplayable recently.

Neitherways i just hope it will settle soon, i'll personally never leave guild wars 2 but after so many hours and time u know how the feeling is, feeling demotivated to play simply because of rubberband / spikes, its like u know u can do so much more but it wont allow u to and its not a nice feeling playing a mmorpg like gw2 that is so heavily mechanical based aswell.

I hope they at some point will adress the issue and come to a solution, i rather have a lag free gw2 experience than the new expansion .

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

ping -t auth1.101.ArenaNetworks.com

Pinging auth1.101.ArenaNetworks.com [34.236.133.94] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.