Tankers in WvW: sadly they rule the game and sabotage my fun in WvW

manu.7539

haha, some players did some copy paste into team chat all week of what I said here! Guess a created a monster, a nice one! You enjoy the game, say it out loud! Dont be scared of the so called "cool kids" too selfish to play a teamship game!

And again, and for ever, for Ascalon! :D

• 2 weeks later...

oh well, so bad for Ascalon, the charrs can have it! Last week we were definitely the best team but tankers ruined it. You know when the tankers only have to hit the weakest team to make sure you cant push your real ennemy in 3rd position in any skirmish.. easy task, mission accomplished for them, bravo!

@manu.7539 said:oh well, so bad for Ascalon, the charrs can have it! Last week we were definitely the best team but tankers ruined it. You know when the tankers only have to hit the weakest team to make sure you cant push your real ennemy in 3rd position in any skirmish.. easy task, mission accomplished for them, bravo!

You reek of PPT stress. I give you about 6 more months of tryharding before you merge in with most of of the WvW community and only care about pips/rewards/kdr/tanking.

@Hackuuna.4085 said:

@manu.7539 said:oh well, so bad for Ascalon, the charrs can have it! Last week we were definitely the best team but tankers ruined it. You know when the tankers only have to hit the weakest team to make sure you cant push your real ennemy in 3rd position in any skirmish.. easy task, mission accomplished for them, bravo!

You reek of PPT stress. I give you about 6 more months of tryharding before you merge in with most of of the WvW community and only care about pips/rewards/kdr/tanking.

nah, the majority want to play the game in a ppt spirit (and it include fights). They arent just as expressive than bullies and tankers. Its like in real life, young bullies always think they are the majority because they shout louder but for the vaste majority when they grow up they realize they went in the wrong path and regrets how losers they became.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:@Hackuuna.4085 he did even admit yet it's not fun for him. he'll just quit in some months. my brain seriously hurts reading these posts, while they have some comedy in it. if ever ppt starts to become the most important thing of Wvw, it will really die. but that day hasn't come yet.

I never admit what? That PTT isnt fun? Its cute how you think u know whats in others minds while being so wrong. And if ur head hurts only for reading these kind of post then I understand that including some sort of strategy in a game isnt for you.

If this were an open world PvE map PPT would sometimes be considered the pre-event, and other times even the final event of a WvW meta. So annoying how many zerglings in pve would zone in and let like 4 people do the pre event while they just afk'd at the shadow behemoth or anything else for that matter, unfortunately the same happens in wvw with those jokers that zone in and "/map content?" The more people participate in all aspects of WvW, the more active it is as a whole, like the days before the squabbling of ppt vs. kills.

@manu.7539 said:

nah, the majority want to play the game in a ppt spirit (and it include fights). They arent just as expressive than bullies and tankers. Its like in real life, young bullies always think they are the majority because they shout louder but for the vaste majority when they grow up they realize they went in the wrong path and regrets how losers they became.

Only a few weeks left until relinking. If you don't fulfill your PPT goals soon you could quickly find yourself trapped in T4 while paired with a dead server.

@Hackuuna.4085 said:

Only a few weeks left until relinking. If you don't fulfill your PPT goals soon you could quickly find yourself trapped in T4 while paired with a dead server.

PPT goals? Guess u talk about it in the usual snubbing way, I call it my winning goals! Ok, I didnt win T1 and will probably not with this link but our tankers were the real losers. They showed their weakness of mind. They never been able to adapt, to cooperate and to build a teamship like the rest of us did. Then I must say, the rest of us won what was the most important reward: frienship! That was some very challenging weeks that made the rest of us stronger and better both as players than humans! =)

Who knows, we could be relinked with the same server, it happened by the past. NSP and SF were linked and relinked and relinked together quite often for a couple of years, I dont know if anet experimented something there but I wish they will do the same with this great team we built in the past weeks! :p

• 2 weeks later...

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@manu.7539 u'll just ruin your server in the end... it may get stuck in tier 1, but that's not hard since nobody really wants to be there, just don't complain afterwards if a unlink happens, or if u get a very small link, which sorta kills any hope of big ppt score.

U were wrong! My server isnt ruin, we won T1 and got a nice link with SBI! :p

@manu.7539 said:

@manu.7539 said:WE MADE IT !!! AT THE VERY LAST DAY OF OUR LINK WE WON T1 !!! ASCALONS IS OURS !!! B)

So what reward didya get?

Rewards? Who cares about rewards? I got everything I need a long time ago! Bags u can get them everyday, winning is the real challenge.. but its not for losers!

So nothing. Got it.

@manu.7539 said:

@manu.7539 u'll just ruin your server in the end... it may get stuck in tier 1, but that's not hard since nobody really wants to be there, just don't complain afterwards if a unlink happens, or if u get a very small link, which sorta kills any hope of big ppt score.

Inb4 Indo moves off SBI. Topkek.

@TheOneWhoSighs.7513 said:

@manu.7539 said:WE MADE IT !!! AT THE VERY LAST DAY OF OUR LINK WE WON T1 !!! ASCALONS IS OURS !!! B)

Rewards? Who cares about rewards? I got everything I need a long time ago! Bags u can get them everyday, winning is the real challenge.. but its not for losers!

So nothing. Got it.

Yeah nothing for u. As I told u, its not for losers, u cant understand what I mean :pAnd lol, Indo moved... so what? Wasnt he with SoR also? Guessed he's moving alot lately. I've been there, I moved in so many servers until I realize I was wasting time and gems. Guess he can change his mind as I did!

@manu.7539 said:

So nothing. Got it.

Yeah nothing for u. As I told u, its not for losers, u cant understand what I mean :pAnd lol, Indo moved... so what? Wasnt he with SoR also? Guessed he's moving alot lately. I've been there, I moved in so many servers until I realize I was wasting time and gems. Guess he can change his mind as I did!

Have fun dropping to T4.

@TheOneWhoSighs.7513 said:

So nothing. Got it.

Have fun dropping to T4.

lol these predictions, so cute :)

@manu.7539 said:I'm a nomal person and like many others I play a competitive game with the hope to win. There is no other sane way to play a game in team than doing your best. Sadly some players are ruining my team anytime we have a chance to reach T1 (and even T2 sometimes). We actually have a team that could win (we are actually in t1 since 2 weeks) but obviously some guilds and players are tanking. This is so frustrating for those doing their best to make a good use of that rare opportunity to win in T1. I feel like the tankers are stealing my money and hard work to reach and win T1. So yeah, guess I'm done trying to win after this week. Bored to waste tactics, time and money in an insane game ruled by losers :(

Consider this: Why care about 'winning' in a game where there is no reward for doing such? There is no reward for 1st place. You feel that it is a waste to use tactics when others don't defend ... they feel it is a waste to use tactics on a game mode that doesn't reward you for winning. I get it, I do. But it is truly not the players letting you down, but instead it is the system, the game design. Enjoy the fights, enjoy the moment.

@LadyHawk.5319 said:

@manu.7539 said:I'm a nomal person and like many others I play a competitive game with the hope to win. There is no other sane way to play a game in team than doing your best. Sadly some players are ruining my team anytime we have a chance to reach T1 (and even T2 sometimes). We actually have a team that could win (we are actually in t1 since 2 weeks) but obviously some guilds and players are tanking. This is so frustrating for those doing their best to make a good use of that rare opportunity to win in T1. I feel like the tankers are stealing my money and hard work to reach and win T1. So yeah, guess I'm done trying to win after this week. Bored to waste tactics, time and money in an insane game ruled by losers :(

Consider this: Why care about 'winning' in a game where there is no reward for doing such? There is no reward for 1st place. You feel that it is a waste to use tactics when others don't defend ... they feel it is a waste to use tactics on a game mode that doesn't reward you for winning. I get it, I do. But it is truly not the players letting you down, but instead it is the system, the game design. Enjoy the fights, enjoy the moment.

I'm still amazed to see how many peoples play a game that they dont care about winning but care so much about rewards like if it was the Holy Grail! I dont care to lose btw, but not with a team that can win! And we did.. finally! I get it, fighting is fun but without any other purpose than only fighting its boring for me. The friendship, the collaboration, the strategy required to win is what makes this game great... when ur team play the game... sometimes it feels like playing fooball but with a part of the team playing pokemon on the field! The game design is fine as long as players play to win or do their best. I get it also if u only play to chill after work or whatever but when I see blobs tanking it doesnt feels right at all!

@manu.7539 said:

I'm still amazed to see how many peoples play a game that they dont care about winning but care so much about rewards like if it was the Holy Grail! I dont care to lose btw, but not with a team that can win! And we did.. finally! I get it, fighting is fun but without any other purpose than only fighting its boring for me. The friendship, the collaboration, the strategy required to win is what makes this game great... when ur team play the game... sometimes it feels like playing fooball but with a part of the team playing pokemon on the field! The game design is fine as long as players play to win or do their best. I get it also if u only play to chill after work or whatever but when I see blobs tanking it doesnt feels right at all!

It is not about the rewards. It is about wins that actualy mean something for the players. Winning a match is meaningless because a player basically has no control over it. It is first and foremost a numbers and coverage game, not about skill, tactics, teamplay (and that's also the reason, why there are no - and should never be - rewards for winning a match). Winning fights on the other hand is something where those things do come into play and player actions matter - and therefore those wins feel more like an actual acomplishement - regardless of rewards.It is also stupid to assume fights don't contribute to the score - they do, potentially more than what you think. The only way to actually tank the score is to not play at all. And i doubt there are blobs litterally afking for hours all the time.

yeah, thinking ppt score "win" is winning is like beeing a jogger who joggs past some picknicking people in a park and shouts "slackers!" on them, and runs past some other ppl walking in the park, leave the park before them, and celebrates himself as if he won a marathon now.

guess most of us have been new to this format one time, so we all understand that ppt and keeping objectives at all cost seemed first to be the goal. once u learnt about fights, u do realize that this is not it, sooner or later.