Guard has no more reliable way of doing damage

GuriGashi.5617

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Math.5123 said:So let me get this right. You have a 4 second countdown, from outside line of sight (since you mentioned focus 4). You burn your 45s stunbreak to port mid gs4, wait for the aftercast to try and stay inside someone's hitbox for 3.75 seconds without swiftness with a skill that slows you down by 50%?

You do realize you can perfectly cancel that aftercast?

@snoow.1694 said:The rise of Burn DH was based on the fact, that Guards weren‘t able to land power damage since the Writ of Persistence (symbol trait) nerf, which basically was a nerf on every single mainhand weapon for Guards and with burn damage as an option gone Guards have officially not a single way left oft doing damage after this patch. Even Zeal GS is a bad build, since you have to heavily invest in it and are pretty much a glass canon that doesn‘t land any damage through slow mobility.

I agree with the Burn Guard nerf, but it would have been cool to see some sort of single player power damage buff in return

I dunno about you but burn firebrand can still drop a shit ton of burn on a player, Like its at the sacrifice of sustain but you can drop a good 3k per second burn on people with the correct rotation but as soon as your focused by multiple players your probably goneski

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Math.5123 said:So let me get this right. You have a 4 second countdown, from outside line of sight (since you mentioned focus 4). You burn your 45s stunbreak to port mid gs4, wait for the aftercast to try and stay inside someone's hitbox for 3.75 seconds without swiftness with a skill that slows you down by 50%?

You do realize you can perfectly cancel that aftercast?

Yes, but it's still a good 8 seconds for all that damage to land.

From what I see in my plat games, most dps guard are the first and easiest target. They cant survive well, cant kite well cuz low mobility and cant deal enough dmg outside of a single burst that uses most of their skills.

Guards need other ways of dps. Power was nerf, symbolds got nerf and burn got nerf... so what are they allow to do dmg with? Seems really unfair.