Deadeye thief

razaelll.8324

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:@OP: just as guards are bane of thieves so are thieves are bane of necros. It is not a match up you supposed to win easily (unless you are scourge and just soak all the damage up). Hug walls (and yes, every map/point has walls; if you have issues with it, tell us on what map), abuse shroud 5 and marks on their general location. Corrosive cloud might be an option if you see them on enemy team. If you have support on your team - HUG them.

3.3k -3.6k SS is not high depending on set up. Do you know what they run?

Thank you very much for the replay!

The map was djins dominion, and i was fighting at the right point (which was close for our team) i tried to use the pillars there as much as possible but they were just not enough to force him to come to me. i guess just the build counters mine hard.

Unfortunately i don't know what build he had exactly, i could see that he is deadeye with riffle.

Generally yeah, you would be a sitting duck on point vs rifle thief. He may not come to you but he wants the point so you can abuse that - focus the damage there. If the point belong to enemy, i wouldn't fight for it as necro. Necro is a team fighter not a side noder, someone else on your team should be doing it tbh. If the point belongs to you, you just rotate between pillars and point. If he is off point, hug pillars, if he is on point, put pressure there. Try to fear him when he is revealed, shroud 5 also hits through walls(pillars) as far as i am aware. Don't use lich form vs them.

People keep forgetting that conquest is not about kills really but about holding points. You don't have to kill the thief, you just need to force him off point.

Can you please stop spreading nonsense that conquest is about holding points? Kills are far more important than holding a point, in 99% of the time...

Not to barge in but, with a team controlling 2 points for the majority of the game and occassionally decapping far, how can the enemy get them with kills? Since to defend the nodes, the one team needs to be stacked, on high alert, to always contest the nodes, if the don't push for the enemy spawn after a wipe.

Kills hardly matter in the situations where nodes give most of the points. I played in Gold 3, so maybe you are talking about some high-end pvp concepts which I wouldn't be aware of. But even some Plat 2 guildies of mine we play tournaments with say that we only need to keep 2 nodes to win. And everything else will happen naturally (kills, fights etc).

So conquest, a gamemode dedicated to capturing points, being a mode that depends on kills 99% as you say, sounds contradicting.

P.S. A tactic such as focusing on point capturing, isn't misinformation when it actually gives results.

You at least to win some team fights to capture the nodes or objectives. Killing opponents makes you more likely to win teamfights all over the map, because when they are respawning your team out number the other team for a short period of time, which allows your team to snowball.

When you see your p2 friend playing, do you realise that when he is outnumbered, say 1v2 ing, does he give up the cap immediately and kite around or stand on the node as long as possible? If you do not focus on the kill, then the map will always be 5v5 and the tide might term if you make a mistake.

And yes, if you are gold, please do not make suggestions.

1st watch your tone. Secondly, never did I claim that you can win a match with no fights. That's a natural thing to happen in pvp. It's impossible not to fight. What I said is that a team can follow a tactic where they don't chase after the enemy for fights outside nodes. Preferring to occupy mid and close, to ensure that they will win.

Just as
Megametzler
said, conquest is a very interesting gamemode, with plenty of tactics to follow.

As for your question, you obviously disengage when outnumbered and if a sidenoder, return to decap and fully cap once the bulk of the enemy force leaves. That's common knowledge. However, there are cases of individuals who will bunker down to contest a point until reinforcements arrive, if their build and skill allows it. In which case, it's better than kiting off, because you can have the enemies focus there.

That'll be it from me.

Edit: Ultimately, I addressed the point of the original poster and you calling it nonsense and missinformation, while they never contradicted what you said. If you believe that they said "capture nodes and don't fight back" maybe you should be more careful with your reading.

My tone lol. So please is not enough?

I only want to address not chasing part, 5v5 orgainzied tounaments aside, against any half decent player, you will never secure a kill if not chase a bit. If you do not secure the kill, either you are 2v1 him, or he will repush when one of you left. Either case its bad.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:@OP: just as guards are bane of thieves so are thieves are bane of necros. It is not a match up you supposed to win easily (unless you are scourge and just soak all the damage up). Hug walls (and yes, every map/point has walls; if you have issues with it, tell us on what map), abuse shroud 5 and marks on their general location. Corrosive cloud might be an option if you see them on enemy team. If you have support on your team - HUG them.

3.3k -3.6k SS is not high depending on set up. Do you know what they run?

Thank you very much for the replay!

The map was djins dominion, and i was fighting at the right point (which was close for our team) i tried to use the pillars there as much as possible but they were just not enough to force him to come to me. i guess just the build counters mine hard.

Unfortunately i don't know what build he had exactly, i could see that he is deadeye with riffle.

Generally yeah, you would be a sitting duck on point vs rifle thief. He may not come to you but he wants the point so you can abuse that - focus the damage there. If the point belong to enemy, i wouldn't fight for it as necro. Necro is a team fighter not a side noder, someone else on your team should be doing it tbh. If the point belongs to you, you just rotate between pillars and point. If he is off point, hug pillars, if he is on point, put pressure there. Try to fear him when he is revealed, shroud 5 also hits through walls(pillars) as far as i am aware. Don't use lich form vs them.

People keep forgetting that conquest is not about kills really but about holding points. You don't have to kill the thief, you just need to force him off point.

Can you please stop spreading nonsense that conquest is about holding points? Kills are far more important than holding a point, in 99% of the time...

Not to barge in but, with a team controlling 2 points for the majority of the game and occassionally decapping far, how can the enemy get them with kills? Since to defend the nodes, the one team needs to be stacked, on high alert, to always contest the nodes, if the don't push for the enemy spawn after a wipe.

Kills hardly matter in the situations where nodes give most of the points. I played in Gold 3, so maybe you are talking about some high-end pvp concepts which I wouldn't be aware of. But even some Plat 2 guildies of mine we play tournaments with say that we only need to keep 2 nodes to win. And everything else will happen naturally (kills, fights etc).

So conquest, a gamemode dedicated to capturing points, being a mode that depends on kills 99% as you say, sounds contradicting.

P.S. A tactic such as focusing on point capturing, isn't misinformation when it actually gives results.

You at least to win some team fights to capture the nodes or objectives. Killing opponents makes you more likely to win teamfights all over the map, because when they are respawning your team out number the other team for a short period of time, which allows your team to snowball.

When you see your p2 friend playing, do you realise that when he is outnumbered, say 1v2 ing, does he give up the cap immediately and kite around or stand on the node as long as possible? If you do not focus on the kill, then the map will always be 5v5 and the tide might term if you make a mistake.

And yes, if you are gold, please do not make suggestions.

1st watch your tone. Secondly, never did I claim that you can win a match with no fights. That's a natural thing to happen in pvp. It's impossible not to fight. What I said is that a team can follow a tactic where they don't chase after the enemy for fights outside nodes. Preferring to occupy mid and close, to ensure that they will win.

Just as
Megametzler
said, conquest is a very interesting gamemode, with plenty of tactics to follow.

As for your question, you obviously disengage when outnumbered and if a sidenoder, return to decap and fully cap once the bulk of the enemy force leaves. That's common knowledge. However, there are cases of individuals who will bunker down to contest a point until reinforcements arrive, if their build and skill allows it. In which case, it's better than kiting off, because you can have the enemies focus there.

That'll be it from me.

Edit: Ultimately, I addressed the point of the original poster and you calling it nonsense and missinformation, while they never contradicted what you said. If you believe that they said "capture nodes and don't fight back" maybe you should be more careful with your reading.

My tone lol. So please is not enough?

I only want to address not chasing part, 5v5 orgainzied tounaments aside, against any half decent player, you will never secure a kill if not chase a bit. If you do not secure the kill, either you are 2v1 him, or he will repush when one of you left. Either case its bad.

I fully understand what you are saying and had no intention of coming back at you. But a "please don't state your opinion" comment in unnecessary when I asked politely and I didn't really make any suggestion, merely pointed out another point of view. And I told you, I don't disagree at all. But given how differently people play and how different comps can be especially in pug groups, a group can still win as long as they sustain through the enemy, or beat them in a mobility race (far and close nodes basically, if the enemy also has bunkers for mid and no sidenoders or decaps).