Really looking for a little help..HoT and PoF

@Lucio.4190 said:Next thing I focused on was Crafting. Learning to make my own gear.Of course I didn't start with something easy as Jeweller or Tailor. I jumped headon to Armorsmith and that took a lot of time to complete. That hardened leather is pretty... hard.. to find.But I learned a lot and next thing was Artificer.

All crafting disciplines are pretty much the except for cooking and maybe scribe.

Some are cheaper or more expensive than others but there isn't anything easier or harder and armorsmithing is cheaper than tailoring

• 1 month later...

As an update to my situation...I am stuck on the last part of my Story (Victory or Death).  I can't even get to the dungeon without getting smoked each and every time I leave the waypoint.  Now I am trying one of the fractal things and they are just a perpetual never-ending  butt kicking with 18 sperate restarts from a checkpoint the last time I tried.

WvW provides no direction at all...another smokefest.  Just step outside your border and kiss it all goodbye.

Can't find the recipes I need to make things that provide experience as the vendor in the wiki who claims to sell them doesn't have it for some reason.

Getting sick of walking everywhere and have not a clue about how to get a mount.

but other than that it's all good....just hang around the level 1 to 15 areas and help the farmers...great life.

Edited by HATORI HANZO.9562

On 5/1/2021 at 7:18 AM, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

As an update to my situation...I am stuck on the last part of my Story (Victory or Death).  I can't even get to the dungeon without getting smoked each and every time I leave the waypoint.  Now I am trying one of the fractal things and they are just a perpetual never-ending  butt kicking with 18 sperate restarts from a checkpoint the last time I tried.

WvW provides no direction at all...another smokefest.  Just step outside your border and kiss it all goodbye.

Can't find the recipes I need to make things that provide experience as the vendor in the wiki who claims to sell them doesn't have it for some reason.

Getting sick of walking everywhere and have not a clue about how to get a mount.

but other than that it's all good....just hang around the level 1 to 15 areas and help the farmers...great life.

If you just need a raptor, all you have to do is begin the first episode of the Path of Fire storyline.  It'll be skipping ahead a bit for you, but you only need to play part way through that first episode to unlock the raptor for your entire account.  Then you can go back to doing whatever you want with your shiny new raptor!

For WvW I recommend sticking to squads if you aren't comfortable fighting other players on your own.  Your best bet for that is usually going to be Eternal Battlegrounds.  Just look for an open squad to join.

I'm not sure which recipes you're looking for, but if the vendor isn't selling them it usually means there's some sort of prerequisite (i.e. heart vendors won't sell you goods until you complete the heart task, etc.).

40 minutes ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

I know have an Elementalist and Ranger and a Thief up to level 80...and today for some reason Arena Net made me change the name of my thief....they didn't like  Bob Ross Pubey Fro as a name...WTF?

Probabely because Robert Norman Ross family could sue them

1. When you don't know how to get a certain recipe or item (or even mount), the Wiki will always be of help: https://wiki.guildwars2.com
  2. Fractals are not meant for solo-play. Also, when you are new to them, having people in voice chat to explain things to you can help.
  3. For WvW, find the TeamSpeak or Discord server of your world (you can ask in-game on Team Chat), join, find a public squad there and be introduced to the game mode properly.

I am to old for discord...tried it and its very annoying.

As for the recipe it was supposed to be sold...according to the wiki by some Karma vendor in Rata Sun or something like that and when I finally found the vendor the recipe was not listed ...now I get the impression that I had to do something else in order to make it available but it was not to be.

Yeah the wiki is great but half of the stuff doesn't make any sense and I don't have time to translate it all. It's written in English but I am not going to waste what little time I have left on this earth as I am already on the back nine of life researching how to do stuff beyond just mashing buttons and dying at every inopportune moment;

23 hours ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

As for the recipe it was supposed to be sold...according to the wiki by some Karma vendor in Rata Sun or something like that and when I finally found the vendor the recipe was not listed ...now I get the impression that I had to do something else in order to make it available but it was not to be.

Yeah the wiki is great but half of the stuff doesn't make any sense and I don't have time to translate it all. It's written in English but I am not going to waste what little time I have left on this earth as I am already on the back nine of life researching how to do stuff beyond just mashing buttons and dying at every inopportune moment;

The wiki has been translated into German, French, and Spanish - you can get to those pages via the bottom of the left pane.

Is there anything specific that you're finding hard to understand? It helps with looking at the text on the wiki page(s) to see if the content needs amending.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:56 AM, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

If you want button-mashing builds, they exist on some classes.  Staff cmirage literally just spams auto attack and dodge to win and can play tanky as well.  Daredevil bounding dodger just evades around the battle field spamming vault and dodge while rapidly self-healing any hits that sneak through.

If you like banging your head against the wall rather than making things easy on yourself by understanding how things work, where things are, etc., then by all means continue not using the wiki.  However, it seems to me that it's an excellent resource that can be quickly accessed any time you like by typing /wiki in the game. 

For instance, I use /wiki et every day to determine when the event/boss I wish to participate in will be up next.  Do you expect me to memorize the timing on every boss in the game?  What's my alternative here?  Wait around on the map it spawns on for hours, hoping I am in the right place?  That's really how you want to play this game?

I will come up with a more formulated response when I get home from my round of golf today and can contemplate these responses over a nice double bourbon.

Yes I would love to know when bosses appear and when other are there to join in...I have done it three or four times in the months I have been playing and they have all been by accident as I stumbled upon them.

I just cant keep track of sigils, ascendant, rare, epic,  upgrade slots, runes tombs, and all the this and that and still have no clue if what I am using is even best for what I can't do.

I do not plan to make this my life's works as there is much to behold out my front door but even in the WvW I walk around for ten minuets....cross a different colored border, get smoked and then is back to a way point that is on the other side of the map....very frustrating.

And maybe I do complain a bit and maybe grandpas in their late 50's aren't a huge market for this game and I get that.

6 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

The wiki has been translated into German, French, and Spanish - you can get to those pages via the bottom of the left pane.

Not all translation pages are as good as the original (sometimes missing content), and of some English pages no translations exist. So that can pose a problem.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:56 PM, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

I'm not a fan of Discord, either (and am glad our server's TeamSpeak is the primarily used voice chat tool), but if you need it and don't want to install it on your computer, you can always use it via your web browser instead. 🙂

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not all translation pages are as good as the original (sometimes missing content), and of some English pages no translations exist. So that can pose a problem.

I'm not a fan of Discord, either (and am glad our server's TeamSpeak is the primarily used voice chat tool), but if you need it and don't want to install it on your computer, you can always use it via your web browser instead. 🙂

I'm not used to this board's method of quoting so I apologise for the everything quote as I only wanted to expand on your first two sentences.

The wiki is for players by players, as we (you and I, and possibly some more people reading this) know. @Ashantara.8731 has pointed out a problem with the other wikis. If any player reading this is multilingual including English, you could give a hand on the wiki! 🙂 You can do this anonymously or create a wiki account (please don't use your GW2 info to do this) and get credit.

/wiki promotion speech ended.

• Like 1

im kinda of "lazy player"(i played almost warrior 80% of my gw2 history), i have ele for fun, just play condi weaver. is increndible easy and lots of self barrier for sustain. since is condition damage based the trick part is find proper armor, mine is full viper, but im a "farmer", im always have lots of stuff. u can try dire(toughness, precision condi) for even more survival.

So here are just a few things…..

I guess my sarcasm on “translate” was lost on the last few responders…I speak only English and do not understand any other language.  What I meant by “translate” is even though the wiki is written in English I still have no idea what some of the words mean or concepts put forth.  In other words at some points it reads like stereo instructions.  there will be an example of that below.

Question #1 What will make me better…no strike that…what will make me tougher…no strike that …what will make me last longer and better able to deal with the things that will eventually kill me. I can’t tell if it’s my spells that will provide bigger improvement or my weapons or my armor or my sigils or my runes or my infusions or my tombs or my buffs or my signets or my boons or my mods or anything like that.  I see weapons for sale on the exchange for 1200 gold that have the same attack values as what I currently own.  In PvP I can attack multiple multiple multiple times only to still have my opponent remain upright and yet if I stand there and do nothing two or three whacks and I am stone dead. 

Why by the Tunic of the Bindbreaker of the Cavalier for 800 gold when it only gives me 29 more defense than I have now?

Lets say I want to upgrade my sword…it’s a little worn been though a lot…lets try something shiny and new….why pay 2,400 gold for Bolt when it has the same weapon strength as the Kodan Sword I currently own?  And what good does the 4,500 gold me for a Deathly Mantle skin?

As for my inventory….I have been hanging on to a level 80 upgrade that I got when I purchased the upgrade pack and everybody say don’t use it..so what the point of having it? Same for transmutation charges…I read somewhere not to use them…ok so I have amassed 21 one of them in my bank.

The garbage related to the Super Adventure…that was a waste so what do I do with that crap?

Please forgive me if crap is not PC but it’s the best I could come up with.

Since I am at level 80 Tombs of knowledge are worthless since I have no idea what to do with Sprit shards.  I show up to the big purple fire in Lions arch and I never have a combination of stuff that will make a pile of better stuff that I have no idea if it will benefit me…but alas the wiki…yes the wiki…I have done my HS and my college and gotten my graduate degree…not really interest in having to do homework to play a fantasy game that should help reduce stress.

A feast of mushroom pizza…what do I do with that…I am on Keto!!

Ley infused loadstone…lets go to the Wiki…

This stone is attuned to ley-line energy. Carrying it will indicate when a Ley Line Anomaly appears.
Double-click to get a reading.

— In-game description

Wow!!! So clear this is where the translate part of my humor comes in…yes that is English but I have narry a clue as to its meaning…

The Warclaw…a book with missing pages ,,,how fitting

Ineffable Orchiculacum Plated Inscriptions. Oh now that sounds it would be helpful…I can make em but I have no clue how to use them or where I should use them effective to help me survive longer in a ballet than my current average of 3.267 seconds.

Scarlet’s War…did the very first thing and survived and now it’s done and the next thing on the list is locked but I can unlock it for 200 gems? Huh?

Zentih Kris skin…its in my bank but I am afraid to use it and waste it

And don’t even get me started on the Daily strike missions…who or what is the Fraenir of Jormag and how do I even contemplate taking on that undertaking without getting my head handed to me.

Masteries…another topic loaded with clarity.  So I am moving up the next level of Noblesse Oblige…I have no idea what events or undertakings increase that skill or training. It looks like it will take five mastery points when I do compete the training but alas and alack I only have 3 points available

Do I craft my way to better gear …do I buy it…do I get it in drops

I would love to know where in the wiki the big boss events are so that I would participate more in those.

Somebody did tell me that I can seek the help of others to participate in my personal story by using LFG…but when I look at LFG it seems pretty dead an unused so I am not sure what benefit posting that I may need help would be in a place that isn’t seen by many people?  Thoughts.

This doth conclude just some of the issue I am having in trying to improve myself in the world of Clan Wars 2…the torture of Bob Ross Pubey Fro.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how serious you are in your comments, and will address two (otherwise we will be here all day).

The ley-infused lodestone: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Infused_Lodestone

This follows the wiki layout of having the in-game description first, and then how one gets the item. At the bottom of the page, third note, it says that the item is used to indicate the zone in which the ley-line anomaly has appeared, which has a hyperlink to the the event. (There is an events timer page, which can be accessed using /wiki et or /wiki event timer which has the timing on this event shown along with other events that are on a set schedule, so you don't need the item if you use the event timer page).

The mastery page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery There is a section on Acquiring Masteries which outlines how to select a mastery and train in it. Sticking with Central Tyria, which is where Noblisse Oblige sits, a list of masteries for Central Tyria is obtained through the link to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Central_Tyria_mastery_points which also back-links to the first page. That second page shows all the mastery points available for Central Tyria (along with HoT and PoF), so you can see at a glance the sources of mastery points. If you enter your API key, the mastery points you already have are greyed out, and you can focus on the ones that you're missing, so you can progress your mastery. This should help with suggesting where you can get the points you need for leveling up your mastery.

Back to that first page, the section Mastery Track gives hyperlinks to a page that describes what each mastery does, here we go to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks#Pact_Commander . Clicking on the Noblisse Oblige mastery then takes you to this page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Noblesse_Oblige And then there are more backlinks.

To come to your experience point, there is a link to the experience page under the Training a mastery subsection, which takes you to this page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience

As you can see, there are a lot of links for the mastery information, which is the usual wiki method of providing information (go to a page of interest, and see links to other pages which provide further information). It would be a nightmare to have all the information on one wiki page.

It would be helpful to narrow down the problem.

Are you relying only on the wiki for your information, rather than asking in guild or map chat?

Are you having difficulty seeing hyperlinks (if so, are you using night mode or some other modification, are you accessing through a phone or tablet, etc)?

Do you think the information is out of sequence under specific sections?

11 minutes ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

I think you detailed something that means more time on the wiki than playing the game. Flowing link here which take you to link there which details this item here and then sends you to a link there....

I'm not sure what you're after. Do you want the game to give a pop-up dialog if you click on an item? A wiki can only go so far, and attempts to provide information on most aspects that any player may consider important.

If you want a quick/brief answer, asking in map chat, guild chat/discord may give the more directed information that you would like.

GW2 is a substantially different game to WoW. So a wowhead approach, as a for-example, to providing game information won't work

1 hour ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

How about all of my other questions that don't deal with the Wiki,,,,

On what will help you survive better?  A good build, which is a combination of factors.  However, the first thing to understand about GW2 at max level is that you don't progress to better and better gear.  The level 80 exotic pieces you already have are only about 5% less stats than ascended/legendary gear.  If you're failing in exotic, you'll fail in ascended gear, too.

So how can you survive better without going pro then?  One common solution is to use a condition build.  Condition damage (damage over time from effects like burning, bleeding, torment, etc.) is less sensitive to stats than power damage.  This is because power requires both critical % (precision) and critical damage (ferocity) to be effective while condition damage requires only condition duration (expertise).  This allows you to take stats like toughness and vitality without giving up so much damage.

Some builds are easier to play than others.  For example, the "easiest" build to play for open world players who are "low-skill" (for lack of a better term?) is probably condition mirage (mesmer) with staff.  Nearly all of its damage comes from spamming dodge and auto-attack, meaning they evade most incoming damage whether they're actively trying to avoid it or not simply by attacking!

Here's a quick sample video.  It's a little out of date, but this build still works and I believe will be getting a buff into some kind of alacrity support role in an upcoming patch.  If you're struggling and you want something effortless to survive with, try this out!

Small but significant update....I figured out how to use the boss/event thingamabob.  I have hit two in a row...progress Camille.

Just sucks walking to each one....still working on the mount deal.

I'll pay whatever I have to pay,

Edited by HATORI HANZO.9562

23 minutes ago, HATORI HANZO.9562 said:

Small but significant update....I figured out how to use the boss/event thingamabob.  I have hit two in a row...progress Camille.

Just sucks walking to each one....still working on the mount deal.

I'll pay whatever I have to pay,

Again, raptor is an easy and free unlock (if you have PoF).  Just start the Path of Fire story in your story journal and go where it leads you. Unlocking the raptor happens minutes into that story and then you will have it unlocked for all of your characters. Easy!