Good lord, people still play spvp?

JTGuevara.9018

Between the shoddy glicko matchmaking system, the bots, the community toxicity, I cannot fathom why people still continue to play this at all, even for fun. I left this sinking ship at august of last year and never looked back.

My point is this: It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks. It ain't getting better, it's time to move on. If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg titles or the new generation of FPS, MOBAs or RTS, any old multiplayer....not this...pvp in the current generation of mmorpgs simply just do not work. They've lost that battle to these other genres. Over the years, there's been a massive exodus of general pvp-oriented players that have left, myself included, toward these genres of games.

All that's left are either a trickle of new players, the same old tryhards and sweats or bots. It's just sad to watch. To any new players that just happen to read this, curious about spvp: try it out, don't stay too long and don't expect it to improve.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Between the shoddy glicko matchmaking system, the bots, the community toxicity, I cannot fathom why people still continue to play this at all, even for fun. I left this sinking ship at august of last year and never looked back.

My point is this: It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks. It ain't getting better, it's time to move on. If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg titles or the new generation of FPS, MOBAs or RTS, any old multiplayer....not this...pvp in the current generation of mmorpgs simply just do not work. They've lost that battle to these other genres. Over the years, there's been a massive exodus of general pvp-oriented players that have left, myself included, toward these genres of games.

All that's left are either a trickle of new players, the same old tryhards and sweats or bots. It's just sad to watch. To any new players that just happen to read this, curious about spvp: try it out, don't stay too long and don't expect it to improve.

A lot don't, most are players that refuse to play pvp games that arnt mmo's and others are new and probably won't stick around.Its not to bad if u just do a match or two every other night or mess around in wvw for half hr or so here and there. As far as the players that put tons of hrs daily in this games pvp I truly don't understand it much myself.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Between the shoddy glicko matchmaking system, the bots, the community toxicity, I cannot fathom why people still continue to play this at all, even for fun. I left this sinking ship at august of last year and never looked back.

My point is this: It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks. It ain't getting better, it's time to move on. If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg titles .

Well from all of the mmorpgs on the market which I have tried , gw2 has the best pvp in my opinion. Thats why i play it and i believe many other people too...

If you dont like it , i think nobody forces you to play it...

To any new players which happens to read this, dont trust any sorce like this (including me) just try it by your self and make your own judgement.

@Shao.7236 said:And on the other side you have players if not many top 10 that says GW2 has the best combat no matter the balance. It's okay, it ain't for you. You can go back to whatever makes you happier.

GW2 has the best skill based MMO combat system in the genre, next to BDO from what I hear(but I can't speak for BDO since I haven't played it), i don't think anyone who's played it for a decent amount of time can deny that. Though don't confuse the top 10 lists as an indication sign of game state well being. Being on a top 10 combat system list doesn't mean it's doing well or in a healthy state. Frankly people that played before want to come back, but the direction the game has been heading in, is a big contributor why people won't, plus word of mouth(or text).

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@Shao.7236 said:And on the other side you have players if not many top 10 that says GW2 has the best combat no matter the balance. It's okay, it ain't for you. You can go back to whatever makes you happier.

GW2 has the best skill based MMO combat system in the genre, next to BDO from what I hear(but I can't speak for BDO since I haven't played it), i don't think anyone who's played it for a decent amount of time can deny that. Though don't confuse the top 10 lists as an indication sign of game state well being. Being on a top 10 combat system list doesn't mean it's doing well or in a healthy state. Frankly people that played before want to come back, but the direction the game has been heading in, is a big contributor why people won't, plus word of mouth(or text).

BDO is way more unbalanced and very very very pay to win.. the combat system there is very interesting , but its an corean mmo unfortunately.

@razaelll.8324 said:

BDO is way more unbalanced and very very very pay to win.. the combat system there is very interesting , but its an corean mmo unfortunately.

Which only further proves my point, why no one should take a top 10 list as an indicator that the game's health state. I've heard BDO was P2W as well but as far as that goes combat is satisfying in that game.

@razaelll.8324 said:

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:Between the shoddy glicko matchmaking system, the bots, the community toxicity, I cannot fathom why people still continue to play this at all, even for fun. I left this sinking ship at august of last year and never looked back.

My point is this:
It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks. It ain't getting better, it's time to move on.
If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg titles .

Well from all of the mmorpgs on the market which I have tried , gw2 has the best pvp in my opinion. Thats why i play it and i believe many other people too...

To any new players which happens to read this, dont trust any sorce like this (including me) just try it by your self and make your own judgement.

If what you say is true then...that is just SAD. If this is the best pvp that mmorpgs can offer, then just stick a fork in it. Wrap it up. Move on. Also, you say "don't trust any source like this (including me)" but then yet advise to "try it by yourself and make your own judgement". So which is it?...

Personally, I would rather be _direct_when I make a case to new players. To me it's take my argument as is or leave it. Simple as that.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:When players say Gw2 has the best combat, best pvp...this is all I hear

And goodness gracious....that man needs a therapist...

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

My point is this:
It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks. It ain't getting better, it's time to move on.

If what you say is true then...that is just SAD. If
this
is the best pvp that mmorpgs can offer, then just stick a fork in it. Wrap it up. Move on. Also, you say "don't trust any source like this (including me)" but then yet advise to "try it by yourself and make your own judgement". So which is it?...

Personally, I would rather be _direct_when I make a case to new players. To me it's take my argument as is or leave it. Simple as that.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:When players say Gw2 has the best combat, best pvp...this is all I hear

To be fair its one of the best yeah but of a dying and stale genre. mmo's just aren't as popular as they once were, course the fact there hasn't been a lot of new ones and a lot of modern ones that did release failed hard. A lot of players have just moved on to other genres.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

My point is this:

this
is the best pvp that mmorpgs can offer, then just stick a fork in it. Wrap it up. Move on. Also, you say "don't trust any source like this (including me)" but then yet advise to "try it by yourself and make your own judgement". So which is it?...

I advice everybody to dont trust too much different people's opinions specially when it is without any reasoning behind it and i advice everybody to try it out if they want to, so they can judge it by them selfs not by the words of someone else

I started playing gw2 from about 2 months ... If i just believed the forums (and post like yours) i wouldn't try it, but i did and so far i love it. The game is great in my opinion especially for causal players and very new player friendly. So if you want to help new players try to be objective and describe what your opinion is and why, insead of "It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, folks. It ain't getting better, it's time to move on. If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg" , because such statements neither help new people , neither the game.

I cannot fathom why people still continue to play this at all, even for fun

What are you trying to achieve with that question? People play it because they like it .... Simple as that

@JTGuevara.9018 said:pvp in the current generation of mmorpgs simply just do not work. They've lost that battle to these other genres.

If this is true, which there are good reasons to believe it is, then I want to enjoy the last bit of mmo style pvp i can. Yes its frustrating, the balance is awful, the metas are stale, but if I can still find some enjoyment in it then I will because this could be the last mmo I ever play.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

My point is this:

this

You simply are not acquainted with Mr Tyler 1 that's all. xD

But in response to the original video poster, that's totally what happens.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Which only further proves my point, why no one should take a top 10 list as an indicator that the game's health state. I've heard BDO was P2W as well but as far as that goes combat is satisfying in that game.

My post has nothing to do with the health state of any games, only that most mention GW2 having the best combat even if it's not close to being number 1 in that ranking.

If we had to talk about GW2 PvP health state, it's filled with passive aggressive players not statisfied with their ability to be overpowered anymore. The huge lack of attention to the niche details that used to barely matter which now do and that's not something most have noticed.

Yeah is sad ppl stay around. Considering all the hackers.

@Shao.7236 said:

My post has nothing to do with the health state of any games, only that most mention GW2 having the best combat even if it's not close to being number 1 in that ranking.

If we had to talk about GW2 PvP health state, it's filled with passive aggressive players not statisfied with their ability to be overpowered anymore. The huge lack of attention to the niche details that used to barely matter which now do and that's not something most have noticed.

Are you defending the bunker meta... Yikes

This 'best combat system' sentence should be put right below 'Guild Wars2' on top of the forum site, the most often used argument.I mean, I agree, its good. But wouldnt say best, its different, it works, nice. There are other mmo's with different combat system but that doesn't mean theyre bad, just different. Pick your poison. Anyway as tyler1 video said, if you need to stick (addicted) to a game only because it offers combat system that you like the most and meanwhile company is straight forward killing it, its kinda yikes if u ask me. Stay stronk

@"Widmo.3186" said:This 'best combat system' sentence should be put right below 'Guild Wars2' on top of the forum site, the most often used argument.I mean, I agree, its good. But wouldnt say best, its different, it works, nice. There are other mmo's with different combat system but that doesn't mean theyre bad, just different. Pick your poison. Anyway as tyler1 video said, if you need to stick (addicted) to a game only because it offers combat system that you like the most and meanwhile company is straight forward killing it, its kinda yikes if u ask me. Stay stronk

I wonder what makes you believe that i am or the others playing the game are "addicted" ... I like the combat system, i like the game, it relaxes me after work and i am having tons of fun in it thats why i play it. For me it has the best combat system and the closest thing to a real balance which i have seen in a mmorpg. If you dont like it then find something which you like and play it, simple as that.

Also i would like to ask what makes you believe that anet are "killing" their own game?

@TheBigPlay.7504 said:

Are you defending the bunker meta... Yikes

Thinking there's a bunker meta, yikes.

@razaelll.8324 said:

My point is this:

this

I advice everybody to dont trust too much different people's opinions specially when it is without any reasoning behind it and i advice everybody to try it out if they want to, so they can judge it by them selfs not by the words of someone else

I started playing gw2 from about 2 months ... If i just believed the forums (and post like yours) i wouldn't try it, but i did and so far i love it. The game is great in my opinion especially for causal players and very new player friendly. So if you want to help new players try to be objective and describe what your opinion is and why, insead of "
If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg" , because such statements neither help new people , neither the game.

What are you trying to achieve with that question? People play it because they like it .... Simple as that

A few things.

--One. So, you support the pvp. Be honest and upfront about it then. Take a direct stance. Don't take a vague stance like, "Don't trust anyone's opinions..." but then disagree with me. Again, which is it?

--Two, I'm not trying to be "objective". Such a thing does not exist with people. People are not objective, they have their own opinions and interests, even the so-called "objective" ones.

--Three, I posted this out of curiousity and laughs, after not posting on the pvp forums in like a thousand years bewildered that people actually still play this.

--Four, I'm not trying to help anyone or the game. I stopped playing pvp almost a year ago, I could not care less about it, I've played it for years(8) and arguably more than I really should've. To new players, like yourself, I only give a warning: don't expect great, if any, improvements. Enjoy it while you're new and don't get that invested into it. The decline of pvp is long-term and has been and is a consistent pattern over the years.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The only thing that guy needs to be acquainted with is a professional for addictive playing habits and a bad temper.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

My point is this:

this

I started playing gw2 from about 2 months ... If i just believed the forums (and post like yours) i wouldn't try it, but i did and so far i love it. The game is great in my opinion especially for causal players and very new player friendly. So if you want to help new players try to be objective and describe what your opinion is and why, insead of "
If people want pvp, they go to the older mmorpg" , because such statements neither help new people , neither the game.

A few things.

--One. So, you support the pvp. Be honest and upfront about it then. Take a direct stance. Don't take a vague stance like, "Don't trust anyone's opinions..." but then disagree with me. Again, which is it?

--Two, I'm not trying to be "objective". Such a thing does not exist with people. People are not objective, they have their own opinions and interests, even the so-called "objective" ones.

--Three, I posted this out of curiousity and laughs, after not posting on the pvp forums in like a thousand years bewildered that people actually still play this.

--Four, I'm not trying to help anyone or the game. I stopped playing pvp almost a year ago, I could not care less about it, I've played it for years(8) and arguably more than I really should've. To new players, like yourself, I only give a warning: don't expect great, if any, improvements. Enjoy it while you're new and don't get that invested into it. The decline of pvp is long-term and has been and is a consistent pattern over the years.

The only thing that guy needs to be acquainted with is a professional for addictive playing habits and a bad temper.

You came with some form of expectation and assume miraculous changes would ever take place. That's not something which will ever happen in this game, have yet to see that happening in any that I've played. (The base of any game always remained the same for consistency, it's normal but you're making it sound like it isn't.)

What kind of improvements or change is there to expect with the foundation already laid out? What kind of decline, you mean bleeding players over a powercrept mess? The lack of intervention? Statements are just as vague, PvP is not in the far side of negativity just yet although it isn't in the positive either, actions taken however does bring back value into it that you shouldn't expect any players to take in a good light because everyone was used to the mess that it was much before.

It's safe to say that the playerbase here is not good at adapting.