I don't really like this reward system

Junkpile.7439

I mean sure these fiery and icy weapons for example are ok looking and i could maybe find motivation get material to craft those. Problem just is that you need to make two basic versions before you can make one ok looking weapon. Too much work for fairly basic looking weapons if you ask me. Would have motivate me much more to play if they would have added just fiery and icy weapons without these basic models. These weapons could be wvw reward track weapons too. Reward tracks are kind of lame if you have opened all skins already,

What bother me is that those ascended ones and the exotics leading to them are ridiculously outpriced.

I have enough of those account bound and soulbound skins, god anet, make all the tiers of dragon slayers weapons sellable and buyable on the trading post. And nerf even more the required cost, at this point, just remove draconic loddsyones or devidd the required lodestones to make them by 4.

I did not like the reward-system as well, until this morning. There was nothing special, just cleaned up my inventory & bank, realized that the 2nd stack of Prismaticite Crystals was about to reach 250 within the next few days. I did not want to start a 3rd slot in my bank, but deletion was not an option either. So I took a look at the TP, remembering that the ingots are trade-able. The prices did look both horrifying and satisfying. So I opened up the wiki-page and noticed, there was no effort/result calculation yet - which is rather odd. Grabbed my calculator and did the math with the recently added recipe (right).

Thanks to my two big projects in GW2, my Storage is kind of empty permanently. So I calculated the worst-case = purchase everything instantly from TP. If I do that with the current prices, I end up with:

• 10x Golb of Ectoplasm (each ~ 22 silvers) => 220 silver = 2 gold 20 silver
  • 10x Orichalcum Ingots (each ~ 9 silver 50 copper) => 95 silver
  • 90x Mithril Ingots (each ~ 2 silver 10 copper) => 189 silver = 1 gold 89 silver

SUM = 5 gold 4 silverIf you buy everything off TP.

The current price for Prismatium Ingots is 9 gold 85 silvers, if you are impatient and instantly sell it. If you are a business-player, you can also place it for a price of 12 gold. I know a lot of people who are totally fine with the 9 gold, a few people who would go for the 12. What you pick is up to you. You end up with 50-60 silver per crystal as profit.

It took me a while to realize this, but the new Ingot recipe appears to be ANet's response to our complaints. If you are not interested in the weapon-sets, you can make good gold with the crystals. With that gold, you can buy stuff you are interested in. Big thanks for the recipe!

Note: Once the information spreads, the prices for Orichalcum and Mithril may rise again, while the ingot-price drops. If there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, some people come with a giant dragline-excavator and a legion of trucks. Our community has always been like that. Once they arrive at the scene, the profit may drop below 10 silvers per crystal :S. In the long term, the weapon-sets will become a lot cheaper. So if you want to go for the weapons, wait a little.

UPDATE

More or less two weeks later, the market has adjusted:

• 10x Glob of Ectoplasm (each ~ 22 silvers) => 220 silver = 2 gold 20 silver [NO CHANGE]
  • 10x Orichalcum Ingots (each ~ 7 silver 50 copper) => 75 silver [DECREASED]
  • 90x Mithril Ingots (each ~ 2 silver 40 copper) => 216 silver = 2 gold 16 silver [iNCREASED]

SUM = 5 gold 11 silver [iNCREASED]

Prismatium Ingot (instant sale) = 7 gold 40 silver [DECREASED] => 6 gold 60 silver after tax

6 gold 60 silver - 5 gold 11 silver = 1 gold 49 silver profit for 10 Crystals=> ~ 15 silver per Crystal

The price if you place the item for sale is only 7 gold 70 silver atm = almost no difference. So what I wrote in the note above became reality.