Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

GWMO.4785

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:For some, and others it does not affect, at all.I wonder what those affected have in common.

Are you certain? I don't know what game modes you play and how much you fight on uneven terrain, but I - personally - don't know a single player who isn't affected by it. It mostly seems to happen when you character has their weapon drawn and enters fight mode, but sometimes it also happens with weapons stowed simply walking across uneven grounds.

You don’t know a single person not affected... I don’t know a single person that is affected by it, and if they are they haven’t mentioned it while I’ve been online (5-10 hours per day) and I haven’t seen on my screen anyone that looks out of place.

• Thanks 2

It has been happening to me semi-regularly, regardless of which map. I think mainly on my human characters. It seems to happen randomly, not necessarily with weapons drawn.

My character will suddenly, violently tilt to a near 45 degree angle, swing back upright, tilt again etc. all depending on ?? I have no idea. The angle is almost always at 45 degrees & can swing left or right, back upright etc.

At first I stopped in place to see what the heck was going on, but couldn't see a reason. Never saw anyone else in chat, or here on the forum mention it, so I just accepted that this was some new tease for an updated event of some kind, that I was unaware of.

Lately I was starting to think it was just me... so thank you to @Ashantara.8731 for calming an old lady's fears. ;)

The worst part is that it definitely makes me feel physically sick when it happens. I've never had vertigo, but imagine this is a pretty good simulation of an episode of that.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:It seems mandatory to say "Please don't be tilted about this", so forgive me. I couldn't help it.

But I've also checked on this for you and people are looking into it.If it helps any, I find this happens far more often on a thief running Daredevil and Bounding Dodger than any other class.

I've killed 3 Elder Dragons and a God... I laugh in the face of gravity!!!.. and physics XD

@mindcircus.1506 said:If it helps any, I find this happens far more often on a thief running Daredevil and Bounding Dodger than any other class.

I have actually noticed this as well, seems to happen a lot more on my Daredevil than it does on my other classes.. and i'm also using Bounding Dodger as well.

I've also noticed it, mostly on the Krait structures in old Tyria (Timberline Falls and Mount Maelstrom). At first it was funny watching them tilt from side to side while they ran up the spars. It did get a little annoying after a while. Thanks for looking into it.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:It seems mandatory to say "Please don't be tilted about this", so forgive me. I couldn't help it.

Sooooo tilted by this comment, too! :angry: ;) :p

But I've also checked on this for you and people are looking into it.

Thanks for the info! <3

@Teratus.2859 said:I've killed 3 Elder Dragons and a God... I laugh in the face of gravity!!!.. and physics XD

:sweat_smile:

@Stelawrat.6589 said:Lately I was starting to think it was just me... so thank you to @Ashantara.8731 for calming an old lady's fears. ;)

Hah, anytime! =)

The worst part is that it definitely makes me feel physically sick when it happens. I've never had vertigo, but imagine this is a pretty good simulation of an episode of that.

:lol: Oh guys, you are killing me.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I wonder what those affected have in common.

I experience this bug very often when I'm playing Holosmith. The main trigger appeared to be "Overcharged Shot", the rifle number four skill that launches your foe and does a self knock-back. I did some testing in Armistice Bastion, and I was able to trigger the bug with almost 100% success rate by using overcharged shot to knock myself back on a specific patch of uneven terrain.

Edit: When the bug triggers, it seems to stay in effect until I re-log.

@gunjoe.9134 said:

@"HotDelirium.7984" said:I submitted a ticket- my fanged Iboga keeps literally spitting CODE in the form of a green coded artifact lol Send halp!

I'm having the same issue here. Thought my video card was dying.

These green bars that shoot out just started yesterday for me. For anyone looking for a common denominator, so far based on what others have said, I don't match any of them. I was playing my level 80 Human Ranger / Soulbeast when the green bars started shooting out. There is nothing special about my build, weapons etc., very ordinary. There is nothing special about my computer & I don't use any added programs, just the regular client.

On the positive side, I was following World Bosses, so I was on a lot of maps, with lots of running around, all types of terrain & not once did my character tilt! Really felt good! I can live with the green bars, but was having a hard time with the tilting, so if it's a temporary trade off, I'll take the bars.

Yes please! I just came back to the game this month and the first thing I noticed was my character would run and stand horizontal and tilted whenever the ground was a hill or bumpy. Its freaky looking, what changed that caused this? So unless im on completely flat ground they lean and tilt. I will start taking screens and you can see what I mean.

It used to happen when you used an emote like /sit and dodged out of that, but it now happens regardless of what you have done. And while it was funny at first, it's becoming really annoying. Most prominently i noticed it on my Deadeye, but it happens on other classes too.

The cause of this seems to be getting cc'd (knocked down, pushed back, launched, etc.) by an enemy mob in the middle of an animation. Resetting the character model via mapchange or the use of a tonic are the only ways that fix it, but obviously it should not happen at all.

@Adamixos.6785 said:The cause of this seems to be getting cc'd (knocked down, pushed back, launched, etc.) by an enemy mob in the middle of an animation. Resetting the character model via mapchange or the use of a tonic are the only ways that fix it, but obviously it should not happen at all.

Nope thats not the case with me, it can happen in LA just running around the town.

@Tuchanka.5148 said:Typing an emote like /point seems to fix the tilting position. I just want to leave that here as an advice.

That's not really an option. You can't use an emote 24/7 when playing WvW or DRMs, you have to focus on other stuff as you are constantly in-fight.

The only real fix would be a repair of the code that is causing the issue.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tuchanka.5148 said:Typing an emote like /point seems to fix the tilting position. I just want to leave that here as an advice.

That's not really an option. You can't use an emote 24/7 when playing WvW or DRMs, you have to focus on other stuff as you are constantly in-fight.

The only real fix would be a repair of the code that is causing the issue.

It's more of a bandaid fix/ help to fix your character tilt if that happens out of combat to you.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@Adamixos.6785 said:The cause of this seems to be getting cc'd (knocked down, pushed back, launched, etc.) by an enemy mob in the middle of an animation. Resetting the character model via mapchange or the use of a tonic are the only ways that fix it, but obviously it should not happen at all.

Nope thats not the case with me, it can happen in LA just running around the town.

Did you happen to fall off from a height that triggered the knockdown animation, during that run-around?

Hey, I want to report this bug to see if there is any solution of it happen to others. I've had it sometimes on other characters but not too noticeable to be annoying.I've been mapping from 0 to 100% a fresh character (daredevil) and I've realized that sometimes the character its just inclined while moving. It's annoy me a lot because character just move a bit weird specially on ramps. Here is a video about what I mean:

Here is how you move normally, if you want to compare the character's inclination.

Does anyone know how to fix or minimize it? I think I get that inclination issue after using staff 5 or staff 2 often, after dismounting, or idk...

Excuse me for my english and I hope you can understand what I mean. I didn't get that issue that often like now. Oh, and you can "fix" it relogging but it usually come back after a few actions.

Good day.