No confirmation; gem store lag and then took away all my gems and sent multiples of something

I was trying to send one mount voucher to two friends and the gem store was bugged. It did not give me confirmation that I had placed an order and didn't take away any gems until suddenly ALL my gems were gone and seems to have sent multiples to one person and then the other person didn't get anything. I don't know if it sent to the wrong person or what. I've contacted support but they told me those people need to delete the item (one had already clicked on them thinking they were a promotional giveaway and the other has not gotten them but they are apparently sitting in some mailbox).

It ate almost 50 dollars in gems because the gem store was bugged. I am incredibly unhappy with this and would like a refund since it was due a bug.

So they are refusing to fix this issue even though it was 100% on their end that caused multiple items to be sent in error as well as sending 2000+ gems worth of items to the wrong recipient. I am incredibly disappointed in Arenanet's inability to perform basic customer service skills and will be contesting the payment through my bank and attempting to get a refund that way since they refuse to take responsibility for their gem store being buggy as shit.

Just some backstory; I have played the game for 7+ years. I have made thousands in purchases in that time and have NEVER asked for a refund before. So it's not like I'm trying to scam them.

@Caldori.7251 said:Terminating and blacklisting an account because of a charge back seems super drastic and something a low budget scammer website would do. Especially if that account is in good standing and has a positive transaction history.

Maybe, but what about giving support the possibility to solve the problem first? In my experience, they so far have been both helpful and reasonable the times I needed them. Just be sure to have patience, be friendly and clear. You can always chargeback later if everything fails but as others already told: ArenaNet and/or DigitalRiver may see that as theft. Especially if you bought something that is still on your account. So, if your account has any value to you, I would recommend against using the instrument of a chargeback.

obviously you wouldn't resort to chargeback off the hop. Our friend here was pretty agitated and considering a chargeback due to bad CS. Imagine if they had done the chargeback and ArenaNet just auto deletes their account like Inculpatus describes. that would not be a fun situation to be in. A reasonable recourse would be to lock the account and send an email to the user that "this is the situation" and open a dialogue because misscommunications like what could have happened here can lead to a massive trust breach between the business and customer. If that harsh mentality toward chargebacks is something they feel strongly about then they should have a disclaimer during purchase that this is a no refund game, your mistakes are your own. kinda like gamigo or runeforge games as an example

regarding inculpatus, my observation is not about whether or not that are entitled to or not... i never said they were not allowed. I'm just bringing up that potential consequences and bad PR that executing that power may have. Arena Net can put whatever they want in their EULA... they could have a section in all caps that said if you log in for less then 1 Hr per month your account gets deactivated for being idle or a section that says if you change your password more then 10 times a month you will be charged 500 gems automatically. it's not about what they write in all caps its about what happens when they do what they say they are going to do.