Screenshot folder full - can't fix - [Merged]

The screenshot function suddenly stopped working, giving me an error message in the chat saying that the file is full. I actively clear out the screenshots in the folder and organize them elsewhere for keep-sake. This issue seems to have occurred immediately after the patch yesterday.

@Heibi.4251 said:So I'm not the only one this is happening to

omg another person also having this issue! Hopefully it gets resolved sooner, rather than later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:I had this happen in the past. The solution was to add the YoloMouse installation folder to my antivirus's list of exceptions (my GW2 game folder was already added).

I imagine other addons might cause the same issue, so adding those as well could solve the problem for you.

I'm not running any other add-ons to GW2, so I'm not sure what's causing the issue. What's the YoloMouse thing?

Hi guys,two days ago I had that issue with screenshot folder being "too full" and had to allow GW2 on Avast. Everything worked out fine until today - when starting the game, the usual Windows message about admin privileges pops out. I could start the log-in screen afterwards, but... the Heart of Thorns log in screen shows with a pop-up window sayying: "You do not have sufficient privileges to patch the file at this location. Please log in as an administrator and try again.". I only have one account on this device and yes, I tried running it as admin, but the problem still appears.

EDIT: Ok, so I moved the GW2 folder from Program FIles - and it worked. BUT! avast stepped in once again saying, that GW2.exe wants to change/delete the THIRDPARTYSOFTWARE readme file.HrxWlC9.png

@Demonhead.7584 said:

Have you installed GW2 in a separate Games folder outside of Windows' Program Files?Nope

Then that might be the source of your problem. Never install anything that isn't system-related in there.

To avoid something like this from happening again, create your own Games folder outside of Program Files, preferably on a separate partition, and move the GW2 installation folder there. Don't forget to delete the Local.dat after you moved the files, and also delete the GW2 temp folders from the Temp directory.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you installed GW2 in a separate Games folder outside of Windows' Program Files?Nope

Then that might be the source of your problem. Never install anything that isn't system-related in there.

To avoid something like this from happening again, create your own Games folder outside of Program Files, preferably on a separate partition, and move the GW2 installation folder there. Don't forget to delete the Local.dat after you moved the files, and also delete the GW2 temp folders from the Temp directory.

This wasn't the issue at all, I've posted the issue + solution above.

@"Heibi.4251" said:I just received the "screenshot folder is full" message.". I moved everything out of the folder and it still won't let me take any screenshots. Any ideas?

There is a screenshot folder in the DOCUMENTS folder also (WIN10) - that's the one that is in use - so probably the one you should copy or clean out.

C:\Users\PLAYER\Documents\Guild Wars 2\Screens