Earthshaker no longer has damage?

Lightsig.5968

I still don't get why they didn't bring the damage back on MAIN MECHANIC SKILLS, all the while keeping damage from cc traits like picking a weapon is pretty big investment and burst skills being the main thing on warrior kinda doesn't mash well with the whole no damage on x. Don't get me started on Reaper shroud where you can't really not pick Executioner's Scythe if you want to play Reaper.I kinda hoped they will start doing some changes after ONE YEAR to shake up the meta a little by introducing some builds back, or at least prompt people to try new shit.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:CC skills got nerfed significantly to do barely any damage. Are you looking at the PvE or WvW/PvP tooltip?

I was in Heart of the Mists reading the PvP tooltip as a Spellbreaker.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Berserker F1 should still do damage if you want to rock hammer still.

Okay, good to know. Too bad about the rest of the specs then, another useless burst. The telegraph in Berserker is extremely spastic on placement, and entirely unpredictable when placement skills are set to auto-cast on mouse location.

To the rest of the posters in this thread, I agree it seems silly that they just nerfed CC abilities without properly distributing that power loss back into other skills/traits.

Overall, it is very disheartening to me as a player because I exclusively play with hammer for the last few years -- even as many called it trash (and that was when 4, 5, and the burst skill were all a considerable portion of your damage)... It's irrefutable to call hammer trash now.

RIP Hammer brethren.

While I agreed with some cc skills losing their damage, they went way too far. No thought, just nerf. Many CC skills need their damage back, like Earthshaker. Oh well... Maybe somehow things will get better one day. I miss pvp when it was about farming skins for your armory... haha Good times.

@Arheundel.6451 said:The fact that access to stability was greatly reduced as a consequence is not mentioned in this thread.

Any damage added back to knockdown and kickback will require a buff to stability across the board

That's fair, I'd just point out that the reduced access and strength of stability has already fluctuated significantly from the start of the game. It was OP for a long time and was eventually nerfed into stacks. The oversight of that change was the slow introduction of more boon corruption for Necromancers (until Scourge -- then it was fast af) and the only resilient form of stability to remain were those povided as pulsing stability that could push through the corruption and maintain the effect... and then that was nerfed!

Spellbreaker's entire design is to keep the boons off of its target, and at the time it was introduced it was a super questionable decision especially considering the prevalence of a superior boon removal -- corruption. It's almost like the only reason you'd want it for this spec (and Mesmers taking the Domination line) would be to land CC for your burst damage. For warrior though, this was one in the same, you didn't have a lot of follow ups, the CC was your burst. And that's the thing -- CC is far less meaningful if there is nothing to follow it up with, and just being a disruptor is a total waste when there are plenty of better professions that can CC while outputting a much higher amount of damage.

Of the trees that actually have interrupting tied to their purpose, they are typically provided with traits that provide damage for these low-no damage interrupts, which supplement their damage (Mesmer, Thief, Ele) producing a significant damage output when used properly. Spellbreaker got Enchantment Collapse, FML.