Save up hero points for elite spec?

I'm closing in on 80 (currently 68) and have 40 hero points unspent. I've got the key skills that I need unlocked and I have 4 regular specs unlocked and mostly maxed out (enough to have working builds for the weapons I'm using). My question is, should I spend the 40 points I have or save those points plus the remaining points I get to start unlocking the elite spec at 80?I read that it takes 250 points to fully unlock the elite specs. Will the points come easy after level 80? Should I save?

Thanks.

You cannot, you need to have normal spec maxed out before you can spend points on elite.And don't worry, there are over 400 more hero points waiting to collect than you can spend for both elite.They come in even easier as on PoF & HoT maps they come in as 10pts per hero-challenge. Most are only a bit harder to master, some are unreachable without a specific mastery (e.g. poison resistance, ...) , some of them are champions to kill, that really need a group, but you can skip them (as there are many more than you need), if there isn't a group, but usually there are hero-train in lfg and if you just turn on your mentor-tag (apple) and write "HP at tag" into map chat you find people within a few minutes.