World Linking 3/26/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@odin.3925 said:Shockingly Lazy of you anet Dev's....... A new low, where you cant even be bothered to freshen up the wvw pairings..... STALE, STALE STALE.Must have been a real brain drain to work it out :(

Ya staff who work on this link should be fired. We've been outnumbered since reset.. what a joke..

whoa lets not fire the 1 person who works on WvW.

I don't feel any of the current pairings are supporting a balanced gaming community in WvW.

I refuse to buy gems and lose pips for 7-14 days because the person who did the pairings failed to make sure they were appropriately balanced. I also shouldn't have to leave a guild and other people I enjoy playing with on my current server.

Why not have server pairings changed more frequently, like once a month?

@brogue.4926 said:Relinking designed to promote guild migrations, they know their game sadly.

Yep. The gem sales from these are why links will never end and Alliances were canned, even though they lie to us and won't admit it.

Alliances ever!? Communication when!?

The only way we will get Alliances is if they can monetize it the same way Bandwagon Links have worked out for them.

@Anne Nicholl.7518 said:I don't feel any of the current pairings are supporting a balanced gaming community in WvW.

I refuse to buy gems and lose pips for 7-14 days because the person who did the pairings failed to make sure they were appropriately balanced. I also shouldn't have to leave a guild and other people I enjoy playing with on my current server.

Why not have server pairings changed more frequently, like once a month?

Why not just get rid of links and let worlds settle back where they were naturally?

@"aspirine.6852" said:qIF2V46.jpegSo much balance in T1 EU.. Very nice relink there Anet..

Part of the reason is that the Tiers and Matchups got reset back to Glicko, but of course linking Deso with Piken's old link was not clever, then again it's most likely done through an system which needs a drastic rework.

Also the transfers don't help much in terms of queues either, even though there's a lack of guilds of Deso, there's alot more pugs just sitting on EB, home bl or hopping to defend stuff, since there are T3 keeps before prime time.

Also WSR is farming BB at night, so they tick low. if you check some Twitch streams. We managed to control our PPT, even Piken dropped twice during the last relink, it may not be properly settled in terms of Tiers and Populations yet, but this is a joke like SFR/WSR late last year.

Just make it expensive to transfer and lock people out off rewards for a while. So if you transfer to a medium linked server that is linked to a very high server you have to pay the gems for the very high server and won't get any loot for 50% of the link time.That would not stop transfers but it would stop exploiting the system like we see here with Deso/WSR.

@Shining One.1635 said:

2 full servers
linked to eachother in T1... Hmmm... One loves to PPT, and the other, well also...They were Very High and Medium at the time of relinks.

It would be funny if ArenaNet decided to randomly relink a day or two after a normally scheduled relink just to mess with the transfers.

Anet are not idiots, its not like wsr hasnt done this before 20 times or so :/

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:as Mag absolutely hates SF.

Good thing the feeling is mutual.

What don't I know about my server? Why does Mag hate us?I am not from mag but have been linked with them a few times as of late. Its not that Mag hates SF because its SF necessarily. Its because the lack of total participation from the server. It is hard to win fights when you don't have the numbers. So when you know you have to be grouped for weeks knowing that you mostly will be unsuccessful. Resentment builds and lack of interest to fight a losing battle. EBAY also gets this wrap as well.

I can recall times when we were linked with SF and EBAY where in a squad of 50 you would have 2 to 4 people from either of those servers. While we commended those who were playing it was clear who as a whole were not playing.

Hope that helps...

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:as Mag absolutely hates SF.

Good thing the feeling is mutual.

What don't I know about my server? Why does Mag hate us?I am not from mag but have been linked with them a few times as of late. Its not that Mag hates SF because its SF necessarily. Its because the lack of total participation from the server. It is hard to win fights when you don't have the numbers. So when you know you have to be grouped for weeks knowing that you mostly will be unsuccessful. Resentment builds and lack of interest to fight a losing battle. EBAY also gets this wrap as well.

I can recall times when we were linked with SF and EBAY where in a squad of 50 you would have 2 to 4 people from either of those servers. While we commended those who were playing it was clear who as a whole were not playing.

Hope that helps...

It does. I myself only pop in on occasion so I get it. We must just be mostly PvE. Thanks for the explanation. I'll make it a point to drop in more often. I just get bored when I can't find a tag running. The few times I've tagged have been... interesting though I post up front that I don't know how to lead in WvW properly. This is a game mode that is epic when the people are there. It is terrible when they aren't. I'm Eastern time. What time is Mag usually on?

The problem at least based on this week, is the almost 24/7 coverage, especially when the ppters went to work yesterday,. It didn't happen to this extent, with Deso and Arborstone after 4 weeks of being stuck T1, besides two weeks after the last relink week.

Against piken/wsr or uw/fow during the last relink, we didn't 't have 30 man queues while holding T3 SM for most of the day, which is mostly populated by pugs. Also, BB has no where near enough population as a lone server for T1, with their different Raid/Playing hours too.