Longbow rangers/soulbeasts is the most unfun experience I ever had in a long time playing this game.

Aikon.6140

@Arheundel.6451 said:Engi can play scrapper meta zerg, or prot holo AoE grenade spammer.....revs still have cancer herald, pewpew renegade, herald, ventari bunker......thieves have perma stealth, immobilize cancer DE, perma evade s/d.....on ele I can have superspeed, LF and LR if I can or FGS....necros have basically permasuperspeed if using speed runes + a dash on 8s CD.....mesmers have blink, jaunt, staff .

Ranger gets loads of prominence only on the wvw forum, it get laughed at in actual game, and basically almost laughed at during AT...almost...given how the last AT saw the ranger being in perma downstate; the class is strong when used by a decent player otherwise it's the easiest class to kill after maybe pve staff ele

ok. none of this is really addressing what i said so i don't know what to tell you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Engi can play scrapper meta zerg, or prot holo AoE grenade spammer.....revs still have cancer herald, pewpew renegade, herald, ventari bunker......thieves have perma stealth, immobilize cancer DE, perma evade s/d.....on ele I can have superspeed, LF and LR if I can or FGS....necros have basically permasuperspeed if using speed runes + a dash on 8s CD.....mesmers have blink, jaunt, staff .

Ranger gets loads of prominence only on the wvw forum, it get laughed at in actual game, and basically almost laughed at during AT...almost...given how the last AT saw the ranger being in perma downstate; the class is strong
when used by a decent player
otherwise it's the easiest class to kill after maybe pve staff ele

ok. none of this is really addressing what i said so i don't know what to tell you.

He's pointed out to you that the ability to run away may be a bit... Overrated in the broader spectrum of combat attributes.All classes have lots of mobility options, they just aren't taken as there's better options.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:high ranged damage is ok (if not one shot) if its not paired with high mobility.

Here's a problem we've had discussing rangers before.Soulbeast has a burst not "high ranged damage". There's clear indicators when the damage buffs or unblockables are in play.Outside of that short window with a long cooldown, longbow's numbers are fairly meager.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Ranger gets loads of prominence only on the wvw forum, it get laughed at in actual game, and basically almost laughed at during AT...almost...given how the last AT saw the ranger being in perma downstate; the class is strong

He's pointed out to you that the ability to run away may be a bit... Overrated in the broader spectrum of combat attributes.All classes have lots of mobility options, they just aren't taken as there's better options.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:high ranged damage is ok (if not one shot) if its not paired with high mobility.

Here's a problem we've had discussing rangers before.Soulbeast has
a burst
not "high ranged damage". There's clear indicators when the damage buffs or unblockables are in play.Outside of that short window with a long cooldown, longbow's numbers are fairly meager.

uhhhh with the right traitlines soulbeast actually has the highest single target burst dps in the game by a mile lol. but you do sacrifice utility and sustain for that damage. if you don’t pick said traitlines, the dmg won’t be nearly as high.

@bigo.9037 said:

a burst
not "high ranged damage". There's clear indicators when the damage buffs or unblockables are in play.Outside of that short window with a long cooldown, longbow's numbers are fairly meager.

uhhhh with the right traitlines soulbeast actually has the highest single target burst dps in the game by a mile lol. but you do sacrifice utility and sustain for that damage. if you don’t pick said traitlines, the dmg won’t be nearly as high.

What part of my statement are you disputing?

@LetoII.3782 said:

a burst

i wouldn’t say longbow numbers are meager when soulbeast traits for damage. it’s possible to 100-0 squishy medium armor classes with a single RF without sicem or owp. i don’t know any other ranged weapon that can do the same ..

@bigo.9037 said:

a burst

i wouldn’t say longbow numbers are meager when soulbeast traits for damage. it’s possible to 100-0 squishy medium armor classes with a single RF without sicem or owp. i don’t know any other ranged weapon that can do the same ..

Killshot comes pretty close in one shot potential, glass soulbeast vs glass berseker...the ranger must be extra careful not be one shotted himself, otherwise glass DH and DE can hit pretty hard from distance too, not one shot meme like soulbeast glass but nothing to laugh at either

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@bigo.9037 said:wouldn’t say longbow numbers are meager when soulbeast traits for damage. it’s possible to 100-0 squishy medium armor classes with a single RF without sicem or owp. i don’t know any other ranged weapon that can do the same ..

Killshot comes pretty close in one shot potential, glass soulbeast vs glass berseker...the ranger must be extra careful not be one shotted himself, otherwise glass DH and DE can hit pretty hard from distance too, not one shot meme like soulbeast glass but nothing to laugh at either

can't soulbeast still stack 25 might in wvw?

@bigo.9037 said:

a burst
not "high ranged damage". There's clear indicators when the damage buffs or un1blockables are in play.Outside of that short window with a long cooldown, longbow's numbers are fairly meager.

Well, I can think of at least 4.And ill need to see a video of you globalling somebody unbuffed on your wilderness survival build before i believe it. ;P

@LetoII.3782 said:

a burst
not "high ranged damage". There's clear indicators when the damage buffs or un1blockables are in play.Outside of that short window with a long cooldown, longbow's numbers are fairly meager.

Well, I can think of at least 4.And ill need to see a video of you globalling somebody unbuffed on your wilderness survival build before i believe it. ;P

that’s not with wilderness survival lol. i specifically said when soulbeast is traited for damage, not sustain. i don’t think DE can match the damage output but they have their own advantages which i think are pretty obvious.

@bigo.9037 said:wouldn’t say longbow numbers are meager when soulbeast traits for damage. it’s possible to 100-0 squishy medium armor classes with a single RF without sicem or owp. i don’t know any other ranged weapon that can do the same ..

with templates yea you could easily swap to a warhorn weapon setup, Nature magic trait setup, pop warhorn #5, heal, merge with pet for ez 25 might, then swap back to your regular template. but keep in mind if 1 set has 100% boon duration and your regular set has 0, the boons currently on you will have reduced duration when you swap sets. i mean if i was a tower ranger main i’d probably do that all the time but it requires like 4~s of setup where you have to be ooc so.

you could ofc also just stay on NM and warhorn and have perma boons but eh.

@"bigo.9037" said:wouldn’t say longbow numbers are meager when soulbeast traits for damage. it’s possible to 100-0 squishy medium armor classes with a single RF without sicem or owp. i don’t know any other ranged weapon that can do the same ..

Absolutely yes, I do run oneshot soulbeast with MM-BM and full zerk weapon-armor and accessory : sic'em + Signet of the Hunt and zephyr's quickness + ofc One wolf pack. A very fun one-trick pony build, tends to die often but can take out important targets during small skirmishes or disorganized pug zergfests.

Killshot warriors are scary because by comparison they can have more "safety nets" with endure pain+defiant stance, a well played ranger can still come on top but....a well played killshot warrior while being considered a meme even more than oneshot sb, should not be taken lightly...the moment you do so and you receive a 10k killshot while you're running

can't soulbeast still stack 25 might in wvw?Is there any class that cant?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

can't soulbeast still stack 25 might in wvw?Is there any class that cant?

Thief or Mesmer?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:wouldn’t say longbow numbers are meager when soulbeast traits for damage. it’s possible to 100-0 squishy medium armor classes with a single RF without sicem or owp. i don’t know any other ranged weapon that can do the same ..

Absolutely yes, I do run oneshot soulbeast with MM-BM and full zerk weapon-armor and accessory : sic'em +
Signet of the Hunt
and zephyr's quickness + ofc One wolf pack. A very fun one-trick pony build, tends to die often but can take out important targets during small skirmishes or disorganized pug zergfests.

Killshot warriors are scary because by comparison they can have more "safety nets" with endure pain+defiant stance, a well played ranger can still come on top but....a well played killshot warrior while being considered a meme even more than oneshot sb, should not be taken lightly...the moment you do so and you receive a 10k killshot while you're running

You don't even need to run a Memeshot build. If the opposing Ranger isn't running Memebeast a warrior can trade blow for blow with Volley vs Rapid Fire and come out on top with a higher health percentage while running Marauder Gear and Durability Runes. Done it plenty of times. Now a full Memebeast build can delete a Memeshot/Memeflame warrior before the warrior can get an F1 off.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Absolutely yes, I do run oneshot soulbeast with MM-BM and full zerk weapon-armor and accessory : sic'em +
Signet of the Hunt
and zephyr's quickness + ofc One wolf pack. A very fun one-trick pony build, tends to die often but can take out important targets during small skirmishes or disorganized pug zergfests.

You don't even need to run a Memeshot build. If the opposing Ranger isn't running Memebeast a warrior can trade blow for blow with Volley vs Rapid Fire and come out on top with a higher health percentage while running Marauder Gear and Durability Runes. Done it plenty of times. Now a full Memebeast build can delete a Memeshot/Memeflame warrior before the warrior can get an F1 off.

If you mean to say that rifle deal more dmg than longbow without any special add-on than yeah I'd say so....longbow is more versatile though

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Signet of the Hunt

If you mean to say that rifle deal more dmg than longbow without any special add-on than yeah I'd say so....longbow is more versatile though

Well it is also more to do with high HP/high armor vs medium HP/medium armor in a DPS race with each other using similar coefficient skills sans special add on modifiers. Longbow on both classes is definitely more versatile than rifle, but if a warrior spec'd some condition duration somewhere then that rifle starts to become a different weapon altogether.

@Aikon.6140 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I sure hope ur icon isn't the class u play if so.... lolz. Imagine complaining about a class that has a niche role in wvw and isn't meta in pvp while playing a class that has a top meta build in every mode.Seriously.

I love how everybody that needs to defend their broken class can only argue with saying "my class is not broken, your is!".And btw no, I'm not FB player, I play chrono tank, daredevil staff, Core guardian hammer, and sometimes DH.

I suggest you try playing a skirmishing build then. If you put more time into your DH you'd find out they do just fine against pew pew Soulbeasts. Sic Em Soulbeast is a roaming spec that excels in skirmishing but it actually has very little impact on the WvW game mode.

SB is a strong roamer, but there are other excellent roamers (none of which you play). This is clearly a l2p issue and a low effort complaint post.

I will also give you a tip that will nullify any pew pew ranger: just use LOS to block his arrow dps. The game also has plenty of projectile hate in 2021. Lastly, it's not a good idea to 1v1 this build in open field.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Enjoy.

pops heal at 85% hp, diviners with 58% boon duration.... yikes....

lol what does it matter, rangers just have to roll their faces on the keyboard and win with longest range, rapid fire with one wolf pack, maul, boons out the yahoo, immobilize, stealth, and double dashes to outrun just about everything. People run rangers because it's a "safe" class, it only lacks aoes, which their only good one doesn't even need los either.

lol what does it matter, rangers just have to roll their faces on the keyboard and win with longest range, rapid fire with one wolf pack, maul, boons out the yahoo, immobilize, stealth, and double dashes to outrun just about everything. People run rangers because it's a "safe" class, it only lacks aoes, which their only good one doesn't even need los either.

i fully agree that boons on soulbeast should be nerfed. but to imply that soulbeast is faceroll is just hilarious. a lot of specs have builds that are extremely heavy on boons.

a soulbeast wasting all their GS skills on nothing is gonna be toast VERY quickly.

just last night i was fighting this guy who was spamming all his evades and sword skills on me while i was barely doing anything. literally blew like 2 utilities and his entire weapon kit on me in like 10s, then proceeded to eat a nice big wombo combo of cc and burst as punishment, only for him to salt whisper me accusing me of speed hacks, very cute.

lol what does it matter, rangers just have to roll their faces on the keyboard and win with longest range, rapid fire with one wolf pack, maul, boons out the yahoo, immobilize, stealth, and double dashes to outrun just about everything. People run rangers because it's a "safe" class
when it sits on towers or inside zergs
, it only lacks aoes, which their only good one doesn't even need los either.

Fixed.Also don't know what the point of the vid you posted is, first it is possible to make everything look op with some cherry picked wvw montage, second it doesn't even make ranger look particularly great ...