I think necro might be strong

Crab Fear.1624

I think it's time to visit the chopping block.

"When today’s changes were being finalized internally, Mender Scourge was starting to show some strong results in automated tournaments, but it wasn’t too widely played yet. There was some consideration to whether it warranted early adjustments, but we usually like to gather more data (including reviewing future win rate statistics and observing gameplay) before acting. Ultimately, we decided against rushing anything in for today. Given what we’ve seen since then, it’s something that we want to address sooner rather than later and we’re currently looking into some adjustments for the next release."

zOdcxWk.png

This is not a one time for me, almost every game has 2 scourges per team, per game. The two core necros here is just icing on the cake.

Can we get those quick nerfs sent out so the rest of the season can actually be enjoyable.

Like, for real...this is the only standout issue.

I think may classes can shine if you can tone this joker down a little bit.

@Math.5123 said:

@Filip.7463 said:And u are the hero that didnt want to swap cuz double thief

i actually like this post you made.

it says a lot.

2 thieves is bad, ineffective.

4 necros is win.

thank you my man, my OP looks even better.

what else you got?

Imagine not being able to outrotate a 4 necro comp with double thief

Out rotate,Why would u need to? Stick a menders scourge on home and mid and the other 3 can float, wtf is a thief gonna do, push a menders scourge off a node hahahahaha. With the other three floating around and the scourges on each piont wtf are the thieves gonna do? Nothing is what.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Out rotate,Why would u need to? Stick a menders scourge on home and mid and the other 3 can float, kitten is a thief gonna do, push a menders scourge off a node hahahahaha. With the other three floating around and the scourges on each piont kitten are the thieves gonna do? Nothing is what.

Decap druid wins into mender scourge. And if you can't 2v1 necros on roads with double thief, you deserve to lose.

@Math.5123 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Out rotate,Why would u need to? Stick a menders scourge on home and mid and the other 3 can float, kitten is a thief gonna do, push a menders scourge off a node hahahahaha. With the other three floating around and the scourges on each piont kitten are the thieves gonna do? Nothing is what.

Decap druid wins into mender scourge. And if you can't 2v1 necros on roads with double thief, you deserve to lose.

But decap druid is another dumb build that no one rly Enjoys to play Against

@Math.5123 said:

@"Filip.7463" said:And u are the hero that didnt want to swap cuz double thief

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

does it?as much as you can "knock" scourge off point, he can fear you off, and has enough damage to pressure you off eventually I believe.as for 2 thief, they should lose by default just by scourges taking every objective whenever it spawns.

@Avatar.3568 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

does it?as much as you can "knock" scourge off point, he can fear you off, and has enough damage to pressure you off eventually I believe.as for 2 thief, they should lose by default just by scourges taking every objective whenever it spawns.

Look, I'm not saying necro isn't too strong. But this isn't the way to prove it. Few classes are for when stacked, especially 4 of them. And on a map with 4 nodes. Thief, reaper and what I can only assume is a power chrono should have more than enough damage to melt them in an outnumbered fight.

Edit: yes, decap druid will hold a full capped node vs scourge.

@Math.5123 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Look, I'm not saying necro isn't too strong. But this isn't the way to prove it. Few classes are for when stacked, especially 4 of them. And on a map with 4 nodes. Thief, reaper and what I can only assume is a power chrono should have more than enough damage to melt them in an outnumbered fight.

Edit: yes, decap druid will hold a full capped node vs scourge.

Nothing needs to be proven. Go queue a couple games and anyone can see what's happening.

Marshal is better on Scourge, yet not many have figured it out yet. Nothing can beat a Scourge 1v1 on a node if it's wearing Marshal.

Druid gets destroyed vs. Marshal Scourge, which actually has a lot of damage.

@Math.5123 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Necros sit on 2 points, decap druid goes for the other one... where are you rotating to? They have 5 bunkers, you only have seconds to get a kill before they get +1-d. If the thieves were playing deadly arts deadeyes, maybe this would be doable, but with mobility focused daredevils OP-s team had no chance. NONE.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

I'm just low platin and I hate this gamemodes.

I played it for a bit. Not many games yet this season. But focussing the scourge still results in easy kills. Especially if you have some cc it's really easy to burst down. And condi weaver has the same sustain and similar damage, but no one's crying to nerf that build.

Yes it is a strong build, but there's other builds that still almost one shot a mender scourge which is evenly ridiculous, that this is allowed.

Not saying that this scourge version doesn't need a nerf but... You know.

Also with the thoughts they gave on the future... I'm not too happy with it. If they really introduce less healing power but more %-outgoing healing, that will completely kill any form of support scourge for the future. Because scourges main support is barrier, a bit of cleansing, very little boons, and some damage. And barriers aren't affected by %-outgoing healing.

Imo necro needs a rework, not further nerfs.

@Lighter.5631 said:lets face it, it's strong because it does damage, sustain like this shouldnt do damage, if theres no damage, they wouldnt win a thing.they heavy nerfed all other damage, but they barely touched necro damage skills.

Well herein lies the real problem. It doesn't NEED to deal damage if Scourge stacks can survive forever and decap everything with AoE fear spam.

I usually play ranger in ranked pvp or AT but soon as I see our team doesn't have atleast 2 necros (atleast 1 being scourge) I will switch to my scourge. Its very meta right now and the team would be at a disadvantage if we didn't have it.That being said many of the teams winning 1st place in daily ATs dont have a scourge, but pretty much always have a core necro. With rise of necro I have been seeing more deadeyes lately to counter it.

Can the low damage shadow arts trickery daredevils please stop complaining about tanky builds!?

Your mobility is the reason why people play anti decap builds at all.

Either you go anti teef bunker or you lose each point you leave alone for 5 seconds.

That screenshot is comedy. If I'd see an opposing team with two teefs, I would switch to bunker too. That's what smart people do to deal with double teef. Why should you play a dps build against a target you can't kill anyway because it is too mobile? Going bunker is your only option here. The two teefs could adapt and go for critical strikes to 2v1 nuke each of the necros in 5 seconds - one after another. Transfusion port is a problem for you? Ever heard of steal stomp?

@KrHome.1920 said:Can the low damage shadow arts trickery daredevils please stop complaining about tanky builds!?

I mean, mentioning traitlines is redundant, its low damage because its thief, not because of the traitlines (Those are actually the consistently highest damage traitlines).

Uh, no? First of all, at this point thief is barely if at all faster than Ranger or Warrior, or even Revenant. Depends on the map, if there are a lot of inclines, you can probably shave off 2 seconds, but thats not much. But also, people are playing those builds despite thief being largely unplayed at the highest level now. Because they're good in general.

Either you go anti teef bunker or you lose each point you leave alone for 5 seconds.

They're not anti-thief, theyre just good in the meta, you pick them even (or especially) if the enemy team thief.

That screenshot is comedy. If I'd see an opposing team with two teefs, I would switch to bunker too. That's what smart people do to deal with double teef. Why should you play a dps build against a target you can't kill anyway because it is too mobile? Going bunker is your only option here. The two teefs could adapt and go for critical strikes to 2v1 nuke each of the necros in 5 seconds - one after another. Transfusion port is a problem for you? Ever heard of steal stomp?

Why? If the opposing team has 2 thieves, you can play just about anything, its a free win. Smart people realise that 2 thieves means theyre essentially playing a 4v5 and will lose by default. No need to do anything special. You have literally every option available.

@KrHome.1920 said:Can the low damage shadow arts trickery daredevils please stop complaining about tanky builds!?

2 teefs = free win, if u disagree ur far away from have an idea how conquest works ...