GW2 WvW current meta is the most boring gaming experience I ever witnessed

Arheundel.6451

@Zikory.6871 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:game needs more boon strip. the decision to nerf them was really dumb.

Your idea is:-(The problem) Hey! That guy was pierced by a metal rod, he's bleeding af!-(Your solution) Let's slap a band-aid on his forehead and it's fixed.XDProblem is, that you can stack duration of boons and you can reapply them quickly af(FB whooshwhoosh boonz and healzzzz), nerf the boon generation, make them rarer and situational as they should be from the very start. You can see people running with 30s+ of prot alone, not mentioning all other boons on players.Your "solution" won't a fix a kitten, because very few classes have any kind of boon removal, so you want them to have even more "power" on the field than many others.

It's not that simple, nerf Firebrand so 1 can no longer solo support a party and those groups will just run double Firebrand. The last coefficient nerf, groups just ran 3x support in every party to make up the difference. As per since release, groups will always build comp to keep everyone alive and minimize downtime in fights.

As to boon removal, Scourge, Spellbreaker, Chrono, Scrapper, 4 very prominent WvW classes have very strong boon removal. Revenants can run brutality if they are willing to give up some damage.. Anyone can run Absorption sigil and everyone has CC skills. No Firebrand/Scrapper can out heal a solid bomb with Null/Grav/shatters in Wells/shades/breach in Winds covered in Lines/thunderclaps, followed up with Herald/DH/Weaver spike damage. If your group isn't generating downs then it's a coordination issue or the other group is better at dodging then you are at bombing OR most of your group thinks high damage on arc is how you kill groups.

Just my opinion, groups that comp for sustain will adapt to any nerfs or quit the game. Whatever works.

agree 100% learn adapt overcome

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@allshallperish.4620 said:

@"Mini Crinny.6190" said:Rev and Scourge use minstrel now?They don't, but they are carried by it. I agree with OP, WvW has become simply very boring and dum.bed down..

interesting you say this yet players from core days are finding the current game too hard and have rq again. I wouldnt agree the game is dumbed down at all but the opposite compared to how the game was on release

Come on Perish... that's not why people quit. People quit because there's nothing left to fight for. GvGs continue to be a joke with 1 good bomb deciding the fight in 5s etc.I don't play much either, there's not really any real reason to continue playing WvW besides habit. Roaming became either perma stealth or condi bunker, both whisper salt after they fail, and the other "content" is 1v2/3/4 etc which is now hard to pull off due to damage nerfs.Pug v pug is and always will be a numbers game. Attacking a keep with anything less than a map blob is now very rare to see.WvW is done, it always had HUGE potential, but was never tended to.Heck, they could transform EOTM to a battle royale map and tap into esports etc. Options are plenty, but there's no will from the people in charge.Honestly, the only reason GW2 is still as active as it is, is the fact that there's no other MMORPG with similar combat and RvR mode. Once that happens it's gonna be curtains. And looking at what's coming, time is ticking.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

my question is why people are allowed to be super tanky and still do burst damage?
Technically... they're not. Pluck out any burster from the boonball and put them against a roamer and they will often fall flat. They are carried by the minstrel, that's true, though it's not exactly the minstrel doing the burst. But the fact that even 1 minstrel can pocket heal in addition to zerg role just show how strong it is. Even in small 2-5 mans half of them are all boons minstrel pocket healers, truly big brain gameplay.

If zergs can say that thieves and rangers arent allowed, cant roamers say that minstrels arent allowed? It should be fair.

When I play WvW now, that's kinda my role. A roamer that runs with the zerg now to pull out and kill high priority targets.

As a returning player trying WvW seriously for the first time, the current WvW meta is depressing. WvW is this amazing world full of interesting objectives, and...everyone lumps up in a ball spamming AoE heals and AoE damage, with all the subtlety and variation of two hippos body-checking each other.

There really needs to be a change to make individual plays matter more and break up these huge clumps.

@allshallperish.4620 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:game needs more boon strip. the decision to nerf them was really dumb.

no, when you got 10 necros with hands u can stop anything, add a few mesmer and warriors and u got plenty of strip, and the fact up have been upvoted 8 times shows the complete lack of knowledge and understanding.

lol and when the enemy steps out of your 40 sec well of corruption bomb (which usually gets 2-3 tics anyways) you have basically nothing, outside of a couple bubbles. i've played necro plenty to know how useless it is when the bomb isn't perfect, and most bombs aren't.