From bad pets to Aspects, yet another ranger rework ideia

Nozdu.5971

My ranger rework suggestion using things already in game.Rangers had their frustrations with pet AI, now pets will be replace with aspects(each pet one aspect).

Aspects work similar to revenent legends, you can have two equiped and one activated at a time. F1 would be aspect swap, F2 and F3 would be active skills depending on the aspect(like soulbeast, no worries I have an ideia to expand the mechanic for soulbeast). Aspect swaping procs the already pet swap traits. That's the general ideia for Core ranger.

Now for druid the aspect mechanic would improve his support capabilities, using support aspects to access the new F2 and F3 skills, aspect swap grants astral force, aspect skills in astral avatar are improved.

Now soulbeast looses the F abilities but using beast mode with an aspect replaces weapon skills with the skills from the pet representing that aspect(much like engeneer kits) while in beast mode attacking will fill savagery bar. Now this savagery mechanic I had to ideias, one having a skill once the bar fills or two forcing the ranger out of beast mode so it can't camp it.

I know many of things here are using many things from other classes but I think would look and feel great to play and many of things here use already available things in game already so wouldn't be too hard implementing. What you guys thing of it ?

But pets would still be there just no phisically, the legend mechanic on rev changes the utilities, on this aspect mechanics rangers gain control of two skills from the chosen aspect. For me would be best than depoending on an ai running around not doing much. But I see what your are saying.And would be further improved in beast mode getting control of all pet skills.

Yes but this would literally destroy the core idea of what a ranger class in RPGs is. The core of the ranger is having pets as AI running with you and interacting with the environment by making them "aspects" it would be like a herald with channeling something which is it's own core mechanic

@"skunkstank.6128" said:Yes but this would literally destroy the core idea of what a ranger class in RPGs is. The core of the ranger is having pets as AI running with you and interacting with the environment by making them "aspects" it would be like a herald with channeling something which is it's own core mechanic

If you look ranger definition on google doesn't say anything about pets(as far as I've read) That's more associated with hunter. IRl my dad is a hunter and uses dogs to help.

@Nozdu.5971 said:If you look ranger definition on google doesn't say anything about pets(as far as I've read) That's more associated with hunter. IRl my dad is a hunter and uses dogs to help.

Game terms aren’t 1:1 equivalent to the real world. Ranger was the name chosen for this archetype, others being Hunter, Huntsman, Archer, Beastmaster, etc... A bow wielding character who relies on an intimate knowledge of natural, animals, and animal companions.

Just because a Ranger isn’t, by Google definition, someone who has a pet, doesn’t mean that’s not the vision and idea that Anet wants for their class.

@AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

@Nozdu.5971 said:If you look ranger definition on google doesn't say anything about pets(as far as I've read) That's more associated with hunter. IRl my dad is a hunter and uses dogs to help.

Game terms aren’t 1:1 equivalent to the real world. Ranger was the name chosen for this archetype, others being Hunter, Huntsman, Archer, Beastmaster, etc... A bow wielding character who relies on an intimate knowledge of natural, animals, and animal companions.

Just because a Ranger isn’t, by Google definition, someone who has a pet, doesn’t mean that’s not the vision and idea that Anet wants for their class.

But pets as they are now are a good ideia ? Was that anet vision, having 1/3 useful pets out of them all ? At this point pet mechanic feels more of RP thing than an actual mechanic

• 2 weeks later...