Super Adventure Festival returns next week!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news about new worlds? Maybe at least a new zone? At least bringing back Genie and Ketto's Lab from SAB back to school 2014?New items upgrades? The news post is very light and point at nothing. And I'm kinda worried. Maybe glitches are still here? Mini secret zone?

But I am very happy and impatient to collect that new Lord Vanquish / Dark Crimson Set. Totally my style. I really like the character on that picture too, good combination of armor pieces.

PS: Now thinking of it, I would enjoy buying SAB themed stuffs on Fanbyfans or anywhere as GW2 Merch, like a Vaporwave Rytlock, a mini game console on which you can play rytlock rampage, figures of SAB bosses, allies and foes. A bee dog lamp. Anything is possible really. This is for real life. In game, not against more armor skins. There could be a lord Vanquish outfit or armor pieces. You see, they would not be blocky but their equivalent, polished, with curves in a non blocky world. Well and for others rewards, you know, weapon sets, guild hall decos, infusions....Fast sketch of Lord Vanquish outfit as an example: https://imgur.com/qiOajuN.jpg

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Looks like “upgraded” crimson weapons and a new helm.

Yup, through the helmet isn't new, it is the one from last year, the "Virtual Box" Helmet that allows you to see SAB holograms around tyria kinda like the recently added feline lens that do the same but with cats. Don't go on wiki now, it is under maintenance. However, here is a video of it and how it work in action:

Here's the official Dev comment: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101436/super-adventure-festival-2020

There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes.

@MarkoGold.7126 said:its a shame they dont care about sab much to add new zones for like what 6 + years now its honestly the only festival type event i like in the game.

Sure, but some people (including myself) don't like the content at all. It's the only festival which I will repeatedly avoid. Remember that taste is subjective and just because a handful of people are vocal about how much they enjoy SAB, doesn't mean it is actually that popular overall. If it's not very popular, then it makes sense that Anet will invest fewer resources into it.

I am ok what world3 not presented. Still running pvp season, a lot of collection from last LS still not done, many DRMs still not farmed. Few new leg weapons on progress, so nice chill SAB is ok. And W1 more warm and friendly than w2, so I a little bit scared if w3 will come.Great news!

The original creator Josh foreman had no doubt that anet can continue SAB the same way it would. He played SAB I think it was last year, during a stream. He spoke about what the weapons, plot and areas/ inspiration would have been for the the remaining levels. W2 is long but mind you it is the simplified version we play now, used to be longer, no hand sign nor portals shortcut originally. The main normal path was like tribulation one without the traps.

I redirect here, if you are curious about a lot of things concerning the SAB: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/g4ur1r/a_summary_of_josh_foremans_super_adventure_box/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_bodyIt says a lot about what was planned why it was stopped.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here's the official Dev comment: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/101436/super-adventure-festival-2020

There will be new secrets to find in the Box, a new meta achievement reward and a new set of weapons to collect – a different twist on the original set rather than the usual new color – but the doors to Worlds 3 and 4 will remain shut. However, we haven't given up on a larger addition to the Super Adventure Box, and even if it isn't this year or the next, we'll be chipping away at it behind the scenes.

I hope this doesn't turn out like the Alliances anouncement. #SABW3when?

hmm its next week where's sab? not till noon EST?they should also just remove the doors to 3&4 so people quit asking about it. then only add them back if they plan on using them. :)or instead of new worlds 3&4 could be some kind of mini pvp game :D hehe

@Kelly.7019 said:hmm its next week where's sab? not till noon EST?they should also just remove the doors to 3&4 so people quit asking about it. then only add them back if they plan on using them. :)or instead of new worlds 3&4 could be some kind of mini pvp game :D hehe

Most releases/festivals/event start at around 9AM Pacific Time. In other words, in a couple of hours.