pls deside the scourge nerfs fast

i get more and more games where i play against more than 2 scourges in ranked, i like the idea of removing marshall and menders but i think this will be not enaugh, maybe take a look at the corruption it takes.

but pls make the nerfs fast, letting this class alone feels even worse than before, because so many run it now

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the issues is that scourge's barrier is an aoe. I mean if barrier is supposed to be scourge's shroud, then I shouldn't be shareable, just like the other specs of the class. Or if it was willingly designed to be shareable then it should be less efficient than core/reaper shroud in terms of raw "extra life".

I’m honestly getting sick of all the threads about “pls nerf x”. How much more boring do u want this game mode to be?!!Scourge was nerfed repeatedly for the past 3 years to the degree of almost being unplayable. The reason u see it more often now is because anet also nerfed everything else. It’s becoming a boring, frustrating, viscious cycle.How bout instead of any more nerfs we balance some underperforming classes?

@"Eugchriss.2046" said:I think one of the issues is that scourge's barrier is an aoe. I mean if barrier is supposed to be scourge's shroud, then I shouldn't be shareable, just like the other specs of the class. Or if it was willingly designed to be shareable then it should be less efficient than core/reaper shroud in terms of raw "extra life".

One of the issues is: Scourge in pve raids is already flimsy at best and undesireable at worse.In WVW where it matters for these kinda things, i can see it being outright undesired and unsued from such a nerf, and it would require a huge overhaul to have some support it fits for SPVP and wvw. I'm not sure how its sustain would be without barriers for scourge, but i doubt it would be good.

Best bet would be to give something a counter to barrier that works, so it can be countered effectively neutering the power of barrier instead of outright deleting, such as buffing warriors with it, give rogues that ability too perhaps or mesmer.

GW2 needs to have classes that coutner bunkers and what counters bunkers? Supposedly heavy burst, if the burst isn't heavy enough, then heavy burst needs to be returned in moderation.

@Xentera.4560 said:I’m honestly getting sick of all the threads about “pls nerf x”. How much more boring do u want this game mode to be?!!Scourge was nerfed repeatedly for the past 3 years to the degree of almost being unplayable. The reason u see it more often now is because anet also nerfed everything else. It’s becoming a boring, frustrating, viscious cycle.How bout instead of any more nerfs we balance some underperforming classes?

Games with 2-3+ scourges are making the game boring. It makes the comps repeatitive.

Variety is the spice of life.

@Daddy.8125 said:

@Xentera.4560 said:I’m honestly getting sick of all the threads about “pls nerf x”. How much more boring do u want this game mode to be?!!Scourge was nerfed repeatedly for the past 3 years to the degree of almost being unplayable. The reason u see it more often now is because anet also nerfed everything else. It’s becoming a boring, frustrating, viscious cycle.How bout instead of any more nerfs we balance some underperforming classes?

Games with 2-3+ scourges are making the game boring. It makes the comps repeatitive.

Yes, this is why removing more amulets is definitely not the answer.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Eugchriss.2046" said:I think one of the issues is that scourge's barrier is an aoe. I mean if barrier is supposed to be scourge's shroud, then I shouldn't be shareable, just like the other specs of the class. Or if it was willingly designed to be shareable then it should be less efficient than core/reaper shroud in terms of raw "extra life".

One of the issues is: Scourge in pve raids is already flimsy at best and undesireable at worse.In WVW where it matters for these kinda things, i can see it being outright undesired and unsued from such a nerf, and it would require a huge overhaul to have some support it fits for SPVP and wvw. I'm not sure how its sustain would be without barriers for scourge, but i doubt it would be good.

Objectively, Scourge is the spec that currently have the most boon conversion option, which make it unlikely to ever be undesirable in WvW.

Best bet would be to give something a counter to barrier that works, so it can be countered effectively neutering the power of barrier instead of outright deleting, such as buffing warriors with it, give rogues that ability too perhaps or mesmer.

Best bet is probably to have ANet reduce barrier output by 33% in sPvP/WvW. Scourge's barrier values weren't touched by the Feb patch after all, it was only a matter of time before players realized that you could also play scourge defensively (It took more than a year, but well...).

GW2 needs to have classes that coutner bunkers and what counters bunkers? Supposedly heavy burst, if the burst isn't heavy enough, then heavy burst needs to be returned in moderation.

Nope, "heavy burst" is supposed to be a glass canon and glass canons are supposed to be countered by bunkers (not the opposite). A bunker is supposed to be countered by builds that stripped them from their defense. Problem is that GW2 is a game that allow way to much room for "hybrid" roles and what we call "bunker" here is more like a "bunker+support all in one". This lead players to hate on "bunkers" because there is nothing that can effectively counter a bunker which is also it's own support (The natural strategy usually being to take down the support before taking care of the bunker).

It is the main flaw of the game, in order to allow all professions to perform all roles, the limit between roles have been thined to the point that builds with no realistic counters may appear and, with time, became the norm. "Support" and "tanky" builds have no inate penalities and thus have no natural counters, it is as simple as that.

You mean the nerfs that they reverted with Feb patch 2k20

@"Fueki.4753" said:They should nerf the radiuses for Marks and Sand Shades, just like they neutered the radiuses of Symbols.And the barrier generation could be nerfed substantially.

But I disagree with removing even more amulets.

The problem with menders and Marshall Amulett is that they are the best amuletts for sidenoding, it's nearly impossible kill beat a firebrand, a scourge, a decap, when they run a support Amulett, and that comes from a guy that was last year 95% sidenoding, those builds are not doing significant dmg, they just don't get any dmg. The problem was earlier not a problem because A pof specs where not released yet, B with pof was the power creep x10

Now they nerfed the dmg and we have since a year a bunker meta that butchers any skillfull plays, because "use every defense traitline, heal permanently yourself, blind the enemy's, put your aoes down and use the one or 2 knockbacks you have to secure the node"

@"Avatar.3568" said:Now they nerfed the dmg and we have since a year a bunker meta that butchers any skillfull plays, because "use every defense traitline, heal permanently yourself, blind the enemy's, put your aoes down and use the one or 2 knockbacks you have to secure the node"

The powercreep is the root of the problem.And that's why Arenanet should apply nerfs that combat both sustain and AoE spam.The root needs to be tackled, not auxiliary systems like the amulets.If the powercreep had been properly fixed, said auxiliary systems should not warrant enough problems to be removed.

I actually wish they'd also nerf CC, but the Feb 2020 patch is a strong indicator how much Arenanet likes CC spam,so I have no hopes that CC will ever reasonably get touched.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Objectively, Scourge is the spec that currently have the most boon conversion option, which make it unlikely to ever be undesirable in WvW.

Best bet is probably to have ANet reduce barrier output by 33% in sPvP/WvW. Scourge's barrier values weren't touched by the Feb patch after all, it was only a matter of time before players realized that you could also play scourge defensively (It took more than a year, but well...).

Nope, "heavy burst" is supposed to be a glass canon and glass canons are supposed to be countered by bunkers (not the opposite). A bunker is supposed to be countered by builds that stripped them from their defense. Problem is that GW2 is a game that allow way to much room for "hybrid" roles and what we call "bunker" here is more like a "bunker+support all in one". This lead players to hate on "bunkers" because there is nothing that can effectively counter a bunker which is also it's own support (The natural strategy usually being to take down the support before taking care of the bunker).

It is the main flaw of the game, in order to allow all professions to perform all roles, the limit between roles have been thined to the point that builds with no realistic counters may appear and, with time, became the norm. "Support" and "tanky" builds have no inate penalities and thus have no natural counters, it is as simple as that.

Then make reaper thief mesmers stronger at boonripping then. Make these classes who are heavy on boonrips desired to be played for countering scourge.

What was it chrono that had all the rips? where are the chronos bring back chrono viability to counter scourge.

@Daddy.8125 said:

And the solution to that is buffing everyone else, not nerfing Scourge. Were already in horrible powerdip. Lets not double down on it.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

And the solution to that is buffing everyone else, not nerfing Scourge. Were already in horrible powerdip. Lets not double down on it.

What you mean?. I see people killing others in seconds in some cases.

The issue is because of builds such as scourge heavy damage comps are rarely used. Once nerfed it's likely we will see more burst mesmers etc etc opening up and the higher burst and damage comps.

But a glass cannon thief build or mesmer build can still blow someone up. It's just Ur basically useless when people are stacking scourge and tanky brawlers.

Also your concept would put alot more pressure on the balancing comparitively. Rebalancing 99% of the professions would likely lead to another proffession being over buffed.

@Daddy.8125 said:

@"Xentera.4560" said:I’m honestly getting sick of all the threads about “pls nerf x”. How much more boring do u want this game mode to be?!!Scourge was nerfed repeatedly for the past 3 years to the degree of almost being unplayable. The reason u see it more often now is because anet also nerfed everything else. It’s becoming a boring, frustrating, viscious cycle.How bout instead of any more nerfs we balance some underperforming classes?

Maybe if they're afk Glass Cannon Eles, but for regular players? Not really, they don't die even if they use their active defense poorly.

The issue is because of builds such as scourge heavy damage comps are rarely used. Once nerfed it's likely we will see more burst mesmers etc etc opening up and the higher burst and damage comps.

"Heavy damage comps" are rarely used because they don't exist. The highest a glass cannon can do is medium damage.

But a glass cannon thief build or mesmer build can still blow someone up. It's just Ur basically useless when people are stacking scourge and tanky brawlers.

They can't. A thief will have a hard time bursting someone for even 50% of their HP (and will usually have to be content with 25-35% as a glass cannon), and Mesmer can only just barely crack 50% now. Mesmer wasn't played since February ever, for a reason.

Also your concept would put alot more pressure on the balancing comparitively. Rebalancing 99% of the professions would likely lead to another proffession being over buffed.

If the alternative is to keep increasing powerdip, hurting the game more and more, thats still worth it. Alternatively admit the february megapatch was an unmitigated disaster, and revert everything since and including it.

@"Daddy.8125" said:What you mean?. I see people killing others in seconds in some cases.

He's just salty, because he's not able to oneshot from stealth while taking all defensive options into a build anymore.With HoT everything went "level-up" giving false illusion that game become more skilled, when in reality it was just "whoever was faster with it's macro and rng procs from traits will win". On top of that all classes had like mostly 1-2 builds "viable", rest was just a pepe fooder(core couldn't even compete with e-speces at all).Now after A-net shaved a bit of that powercreep, he thinks we're in some kind of powerdip lmao.Fact, the core wasn't fully balanced either(pre-HoT days), but it was 100x better than HoT and PoF pre-feb patch.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@"Daddy.8125" said:What you mean?. I see people killing others in seconds in some cases.

He's just salty, because he's not able to oneshot from stealth while taking all defensive options into a build anymore.

Yes, because famously Core Grenade Engineer did that. Or Thief, yknow, the famously "all defensive options" core DP thief running assassins signet. Talk about a strawman. If anything it seems to me you were salty back then that you couldnt keep making massive mistakes and survive, so you like the new skilless meta where you can make mistake after mistake and not die.

With HoT everything went "level-up" giving false illusion that game become more skilled, when in reality it was just "whoever was faster with it's macro and rng procs from traits will win". On top of that all classes had like mostly 1-2 builds "viable", rest was just a pepe fooder(core couldn't even compete with e-speces at all).

Ah yes, it was a "false illusion", thats why it was when PvP was at its most popular and healthy, and when its esports scene, shortlived as it was, was in its best state. And sure, classes tended to only have 1-2 viable builds, but thats better than the current state of 0-1 builds viable per class, with exactly Revenant as the exception.

Now after A-net shaved a bit of that powercreep, he thinks we're in some kind of powerdip lmao.

"Shaved a bit of that powercreep". Mate. The damage now is lower than it has ever been. Thief backstabs for 5k. Grenade Barrage was nerfed for the very first time, because suddenly it did too much damage. That wasnt even the case in core. When grenades are being nerfed for doing too much damage, its pretty clear that we objectively are in massive powerdip.

Fact, the core wasn't fully balanced either(pre-HoT days), but it was 100x better than HoT and PoF pre-feb patch.

... so youre advocating for powerdip, while denying that there was powerdip? That makes no sense. And lets be real here, HoT and PoF pre-feb patch was 10000x better than post-feb patch, thats why the playerbase went into freefall, and we needed community events to try and keep it on life support (And even then its failing. Hell, we have a thread about relaxing Glicko rules because the playerbase is so low now it doesnt function anymore. Once again, thats never happened).

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Xentera.4560" said:I’m honestly getting sick of all the threads about “pls nerf x”. How much more boring do u want this game mode to be?!!Scourge was nerfed repeatedly for the past 3 years to the degree of almost being unplayable. The reason u see it more often now is because anet also nerfed everything else. It’s becoming a boring, frustrating, viscious cycle.How bout instead of any more nerfs we balance some underperforming classes?

Maybe if they're afk Glass Cannon Eles, but for regular players? Not really, they don't die even if they use their active defense poorly.

"Heavy damage comps" are rarely used because they don't exist. The highest a glass cannon can do is medium damage.

They can't. A thief will have a hard time bursting someone for even 50% of their HP (and will usually have to be content with 25-35% as a glass cannon), and Mesmer can only just barely crack 50% now. Mesmer wasn't played since February ever, for a reason.

If the alternative is to keep increasing powerdip, hurting the game more and more, thats still worth it. Alternatively admit the february megapatch was an unmitigated disaster, and revert everything since and including it.

What you talking? I'm a revenant using the current renegade build and I've had a thief kill me in seconds. And that isn't even as a glass cannon build lol

You say 5k. Yet there's proof there's a thief build that can do 11k. The reason it isn't used is because they'd get blown up seconds after using it if another enemy showed up.

The current renegade build has 16922 health. Glass cannon mesmer as 15k hp.

Your looking at classes that even Ur thief damage can 3 shot.

If your three shotting people. U aren't "medium damage"..

The problem is how hard some of these builds can bunker that's the issue. Not the damage output.

@Daddy.8125 said:

What you talking? I'm a revenant using the current renegade build and I've had a thief kill me in seconds. And that isn't even as a glass cannon build lol

Gonna call hard doubt on that.

You say 5k. Yet there's proof there's a thief build that can do 11k. The reason it isn't used is because they'd get blown up seconds after using it if another enemy showed up.

There isnt. One guy did the math, but his math had a number of errors, in reality the max you can do realistically is around 8k with a completely unplayable build that will almost always do a lot less damage because its damage modifiers turn off.

The Renegade build also has an extra 600 armour, and a number of damage reduction traits. On you, the standard 5k backstab turns into a 3k backstab. Hence the hard doubt.

Lets ignore that Renegade can't be 3-shot, or even remotely. There is one other issue. Thief can't use backstab more than once per fight, realistically. Almost all of their damage comes from that. They can "3-shot" you in the same sense a Warrior can 3-shot you with 3 eviscerates. In reality, thief does a 5k burst, and then does probably around 2k DPS before running away.

Good that no one is, and not even remotely.

The problem is how hard some of these builds can bunker that's the issue. Not the damage output.

The damage output is the issue, most builds arent even bunkering that much.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Gonna call hard doubt on that.

There isnt. One guy did the math, but his math had a number of errors, in reality the max you can do realistically is around 8k with a completely unplayable build that will almost always do a lot less damage because its damage modifiers turn off.

The Renegade build also has an extra 600 armour, and a number of damage reduction traits. On you, the standard 5k backstab turns into a 3k backstab. Hence the hard doubt.

Lets ignore that Renegade can't be 3-shot, or even remotely. There is one other issue. Thief can't use backstab more than once per fight, realistically. Almost all of their damage comes from that. They can "3-shot" you in the same sense a Warrior can 3-shot you with 3 eviscerates. In reality, thief does a 5k burst, and then does probably around 2k DPS before running away.

Good that no one is, and not even remotely.

The damage output is the issue, most builds arent even bunkering that much.

I've been dropped by thief's very quickly several times there's no hard doubt about it. The games pace feels pretty fast most situations

We don't need to run around with every proffession 2 shot bursting one another. That's not "skillful". Being able to spam 1 faster then another player just means u can play a flashy game of snap.

If your butchering people faster then they can react. It's no longer skillful. And it seems like that's what you want in the game which is ridiculous.

WoW is currently quite litterally bleeding to death currently for introducing the PvP meta you proclaim this game needs.

@Fueki.4753 said:They should nerf the radiuses for Marks and Sand Shades, just like they neutered the radiuses of Symbols.And the barrier generation could be nerfed substantially.

But I disagree with removing even more amulets.

you are fine with deleting class mechanics which kills more diversity but not amulet which can be replaced by other existing amulet with the same builds, funny how that works

Scourge was nerfed perfectly, yet for taking healing power it literally converts each point of healing power to barrier. so their f3 grants 2500 barrier with no healing power, when they take 1000 healing power, that barrier is boosted by 1100 points (3600 barrier).Since you like that kind of broken coeff, let scrapper's bulwark gyro do the same, so we can poop out all of that 1800+ barrier just for hitting things, and 3k+ barrier every 30s. If your answer is no, then you're being hypocritical.

Scourge needs barrier coeffs nerfed, possibly even a nerf on general to how much barrier is granted base from that skill. 2500-3600 barrier every 10s is not "fun" or "perfect balance".