Mystic Coin Scarcity Problem - [Merged]

Mystic Coin scarcity is a big problem for the Gw2 Community atm in my opinion. I understand it is a free market but Mystic Coin's supply and demand gap is getting bigger every day. There are only a few ways to get Mystic Coin per day such as Ley-Line (1 coin/day), Fractal Challenge Mode (avg 2-3 coin/day -RNG), Monthly Login Reward (20 coin/day), and WvW (6 coin/ week if you finish all the rewards).

For Legendary Gen 1, you need around 231 Coins for 77 Mystic Clovers, and for Legendary Gen 2, you might need at least 481 Coins for Mystic Tribute. So if you do everything you can get around 5-6 Coins per day and even with a static team for CM fractal you need to spend at least 1 hour just for Fractal, it will take at least 1-2 days to finish WvW track if you dedicate all your game time to WvW - 1 day if you get lucky with Outnumberred all days, for Ley-Line you might have to do it right after reset otherwise you can't because not many people do it these days. All that for 5-6 coins per day, in my opinion, this is stupid, and not to mention if you grind your balls out for gold to buy coin it will also hard to get the coins at a good price since there are bots on the TP market and not to mention those TP Baron who controls the coin market as well.

Take Casiano/Goldrim for an example, he has 10 million gold worth of coins, and right now he is keeping it to drain the Coin's market and push the price to 4 gold. There is nothing wrong with it if you are economy players or hardcore players, but if you play the game casually it is just so hard for you to craft just 1 single legendary. Right now, the demand is huge but the supply is very limited because not many Gw2 run CMs Fractal and Ley-line Daily. Not to mention, there are so many afkers and bots in WvW, you can see a lot of people around in WvW maps but most of them are doing wall running or afk just for Weekly Reward, it kills WvW, to be honest. EOD expansion and Steam release will be here soon and demand will rise big time, supply will also rise but the supply changes will not be that much anyway.

Here is my suggestion:

-Bring back the Mystic Coin Reward for Daily as we had years ago - 2 Coins per day, it will be enough ( Still need at least 89-90 days for someone who only login and do dailies to craft Gen 1 and at least 150-163 days for Gen 2). It will not break the Coin market, the price will stay around 1g50 - 2g most of the time. It might boost Anet Sale too, there will be a ton of people will buy alt account just for 20 coins per month and 2 coins per day.

-Anet needs to have a bit of control of Gw2 Marketplace to avoid inflation. The coin is reaching 3 gold at this moment and who knows how further it can rise. Remember when coin price was 15-20 silver per piece and not is might get to 4-5 gold, how crazy is that.

Those things above are just my opinion and suggestion. Let's me know about yours in the comment section below and thank you for reading and replying

If you're just after clovers I suggest you go to Drizzlewood coast. The reward track there both rewards the materials you need for a legendary and also the mystic clovers.

WvW/PVP also have mystic coins (Automated tournaments) but by far the ley line anomaly is the most surefire way besides log in rewards.

@Cuks.8241 said:You're assuming mystic coins are the only source of clovers. I don't think it has ever been cheaper to craft or buy a legendary.

If you are a PVE-Only player then yes Mystic Coin is the only source of Mystic Clover. For WvW Drizzlewood coast reward track is unrepeatable, for other reward tracks its about 2-4 Clovers per final box and I think it might be the same for PVP. Even if I dedicate all my gaming time (16 hours per day) to just doing WvW at most I can get 2-3 Final Box which is about 12 Clovers per day.

I'm a casual player and I've never had trouble getting mystic coins for legendaries, because I don't make legendaries that often and I'm not in a hurry when I do, so I've always been able to get them all from login rewards. I don't have to worry about what the price is on the TP or how many people are selling them because I don't buy them (although I have occasionally sold some when I'm not planning on making a legendary soon and I need gold or hear that the price is especially high).

I've also gotten some mystic clovers without using coins to make them. I'm not entirely sure where they came from, WvW reward tracks I assume.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@"Cuks.8241" said:You're assuming mystic coins are the only source of clovers. I don't think it has ever been cheaper to craft or buy a legendary.

If you are a PVE-Only player then yes
Mystic Coin is the only source of Mystic Clover.
For WvW Drizzlewood coast reward track is unrepeatable, for other reward tracks its about 2-4 Clovers per final box and I think it might be the same for PVP. Even if I dedicate all my gaming time (16 hours per day) to just doing WvW at most I can get 2-3 Final Box which is about 12 Clovers per day.

It isn't. I suggest reading the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

Nice summary. Didn't know about all those ways to get mystic coins. I only knew about the login rewards and the anomaly + sometimes the daily mystic forger. WvW seems not worth it though. This is too much grind - especially if you are low Wxp rank (and increasting that rank takes ages). This seems more like an alternative for people not doing PvE - and only playing WvW. Most players probably won't farm all those things at the same time.

For me I got some clovers and stuff from different sources. Also for some other materials I have some vouchers. Coins I saved up while playing normally. Have 1250 or so. So far I only made the PvP back item legendary - was cheap.

The most espensive stuff for me still seems the mystic tribute and buying those 250 mats of each of the high tier totem/blood/claws, etc. If doing a lot of legendaries of course it will get expensive - but with higher price there is more incentive for players to farm the coins. (Or to even get a 2nd paid account just for the login rewards. Then sending them to their main.)

Does one guy really have 10 millions worth of coins lol? How much did he farm to get that many coins and money (probably to buy even more coins). That can't be everything from profits from manipulating the market. Must use up all his space in the bank and inventory slots of a lot of chars - unless he permanently puts it on the TP.

@Luthan.5236 said:Does one guy really have 10 millions worth of coins lol? How much did he farm to get that many coins and money (probably to buy even more coins). That can't be everything from profits from manipulating the market. Must use up all his space in the bank and inventory slots of a lot of chars - unless he permanently puts it on the TP.

I have no idea if it's the same guy, but someone in my guild was telling us about a guy who has something like 100 accounts and does Youtube videos showing how much stuff he gets from login rewards each month and what it's worth, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for most people, let alone the money it would cost to buy 100 accounts. (Free accounts don't get login rewards.)

As far as PVE:Running drizzlewood coast is relatively quick if you are on a meta map. Each chest has 5 commendations , you get 100 commendations for the meta , 10 for Keep Lords or Tribune chests. Lost Charr Supply Drops have a random number and aren't timegated. Add to that daily material donations (125/250 per donation) and you're looking at a steady stream of commendations to add up to 5000. Because you earn the materials for mystic tribute yourself you also save costs there.

As far as WVW/PVP:First of all you can run WXP boosters (the exp booster has 50% reward track bonus , 25% from Snowflake Gobbler) if you're in WVW anyway for dailies or for fun (foreign concept to some players). Secondly, if you only do dailies you can pop the WXP or PVP potions for instant progress.

You will complete a PVP reward track in about 35 games without boosts.

@Frozenize.9603 said:Mystic Coin scarcity is a big problem for the Gw2 Community atm in my opinion. I understand it is a free market but Mystic Coin's supply and demand gap is getting bigger every day. There are only a few ways to get Mystic Coin per day such as Ley-Line (1 coin/day), Fractal Challenge Mode (avg 2-3 coin/day -RNG), Monthly Login Reward (20 coin/day), and WvW (6 coin/ week if you finish all the rewards).

For Legendary Gen 1, you need around 231 Coins for 77 Mystic Clovers, and for Legendary Gen 2, you might need at least 481 Coins for Mystic Tribute. So if you do everything you can get around 5-6 Coins per day and even with a static team for CM fractal you need to spend at least 1 hour just for Fractal, it will take at least 1-2 days to finish WvW track if you dedicate all your game time to WvW - 1 day if you get lucky with Outnumberred all days, for Ley-Line you might have to do it right after reset otherwise you can't because not many people do it these days. All that for 5-6 coins per day, in my opinion, this is stupid, and not to mention if you grind your balls out for gold to buy coin it will also hard to get the coins at a good price since there are bots on the TP market and not to mention those TP Baron who controls the coin market as well.

You can also obtain mystic clovers which removes the need for coins for Gen 1 and halves how many you need for gen 2. Keep in mind that legendary weapons are long term goals so there's no reason that obtaining mystic coins for them wouldn't be either.

-Bring back the Mystic Coin Reward for Daily as we had years ago - 2 Coins per day, it will be enough ( Still need at least 89-90 days for someone who only login and do dailies to craft Gen 1 and at least 150-163 days for Gen 2). It will not break the Coin market, the price will stay around 1g50 - 2g most of the time. It might boost Anet Sale too, there will be a ton of people will buy alt account just for 20 coins per month and 2 coins per day.

This would tank the mystic coin price. You do not realize how many accounts there are in the game otherwise you wouldn't of said this nor say the price would remain around 1.5 to 2g.

-Anet needs to have a bit of control of Gw2 Marketplace to avoid inflation. The coin is reaching 3 gold at this moment and who knows how further it can rise. Remember when coin price was 15-20 silver per piece and not is might get to 4-5 gold, how crazy is that.

Inflation is managed over the entire economy and not just one item. It's not reaching 3G, it's 2.2G.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Luthan.5236 said:Does one guy really have 10 millions worth of coins lol? How much did he farm to get that many coins and money (probably to buy even more coins). That can't be everything from profits from manipulating the market. Must use up all his space in the bank and inventory slots of a lot of chars - unless he permanently puts it on the TP.

I have no idea if it's the same guy, but someone in my guild was telling us about a guy who has something like 100 accounts and does Youtube videos showing how much stuff he gets from login rewards each month and what it's worth, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for most people, let alone the money it would cost to buy 100 accounts. (Free accounts don't get login rewards.)

It would take them roughly an hour to cycle through 100 accounts if they do it one at a time. Actually, probably slightly longer as you hit slower login times once you hit the 19th account mark. Whether it's worth it will vary from player to player. I don't have anywhere near that many but it allows me to not have to farm for gold in the game.

@Luthan.5236 said:Nice summary. Didn't know about all those ways to get mystic coins. I only knew about the login rewards and the anomaly + sometimes the daily mystic forger. WvW seems not worth it though. This is too much grind - especially if you are low Wxp rank (and increasting that rank takes ages). This seems more like an alternative for people not doing PvE - and only playing WvW. Most players probably won't farm all those things at the same time.

Rank doesn't matter much for the reward tracks. Rank affects skirmish track not reward track. Each tier of skirmish track does give a bit of reward track progress as well but the vast majority is not coming from that. Reward track progress mainly relies on participation level and you can max that out in less than 30 minutes and you only ever have to do that once per account if you don't go AFK inside WvW

@Danikat.8537 said:

I think the cheapest accounts have been available is $10 USD so that would be at least $1000 USD. Considering the spending of whales in other games that is a drop in the bucket but if it 10 million then that is mostly not from the login. Even assuming they have been collecting for 8 years. 8 years x 365 x 100 is less than 300k so they would need to get the other 97% from somewhere else.

This is about the skirmish reward track and the chests there though - they seem to give the coins and with the additional pips from hither ranks (or playing a lot outnumbered only) it will be possible get diamond in a reasonable amount of time maybe. Otherwise it will take too long. (At least for people that do not exclusively want to play WvW and want to do other stuff as well.)

@"Luthan.5236" said:This is about the skirmish reward track and the chests there though - they seem to give the coins and with the additional pips from hither ranks (or playing a lot outnumbered only) it will be possible get diamond in a reasonable amount of time maybe. Otherwise it will take too long. (At least for people that do not exclusively want to play WvW and want to do other stuff as well.)

I was thinking of clovers which has several tracks that give 7-14(unrepeatable). The 2/track repeatable aren't really suitable as a main source either but they are nice as a supplemental source.

Coins from skirmish track is not great ...the link is to a tool on the wiki on calculate reward track and skirmish track stuff,

assuming your server is 1st place 100% of the time you are playingcommanding 100% of the timeplayed for at least 2 consecutive weeks(this one is easy for the +1 pip)outnumbered 100% of the time you are playingat max rankthis will give you 228 pips per hour

getting all 6 coins requires 1450 pips

that means you will need to spend 6.36 hours for 6 coins or 0.94 coin per hourstopping after the first 2 coins is even worse, it requires 595 pips or 2.6 hours or 0.77 coin per hour

assuming 3g per coin that is 2.82g/h and 2.31g/hthose aren't very impressive values, even if the other stuff you are getting triples that value to 8.46g/h it is still ... mehmight be worth doing if coins ever reach 9 or 10g each.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Why do posts like these that talk about the inflation in mystic coins never acknowledge the deflation in t6 mats?

Because the Devaluation of T6 mats can be more easily explained; just looking at trading data show the supply has been increasing for most of the materials for around a year now, this coincides with the releases of the Drizzlewood maps SwbK5sL.png

@Parasite.5389 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Why do posts like these that talk about the inflation in mystic coins never acknowledge the deflation in t6 mats?

Because the Devaluation of T6 mats can be more easily explained; just looking at trading data show the supply has been increasing for most of the materials for around a year now, this coincides with the releases of the Drizzlewood maps
SwbK5sL.png
Yes... thank you for pointing this out.My point is this:Players who make this complaint (and we have seen a few over the past year or so) always point to how hard to makes crafting a legendary.They never acknowledge how much easier their loot farms have made it, how much faster it is to accrue t6 mats thanks to Drizzlewood or the Volatile Magic Farms. All we hear are the sob stories.Making a Legendary item in this game has never been easier, but these posts about Mystic Coins that cry "what about the casuals making legendaries??" don't stop.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:Why do posts like these that talk about the inflation in mystic coins never acknowledge the deflation in t6 mats?

Because the Devaluation of T6 mats can be more easily explained; just looking at trading data show the supply has been increasing for most of the materials for around a year now, this coincides with the releases of the Drizzlewood maps
SwbK5sL.png
Yes... thank you for pointing this out.My point is this:Players who make this complaint (and we have seen a few over the past year or so) always point to how hard to makes crafting a legendary.They never acknowledge how much easier their loot farms have made it, how much faster it is to accrue t6 mats thanks to Drizzlewood or the Volatile Magic Farms. All we hear are the sob stories.Making a Legendary item in this game has never been easier, but these posts about Mystic Coins that cry "what about the casuals making legendaries??" don't stop.

Absolutely, I consider myself a 'Casual' GW2 player; I've never raided, only done a handful of T1 fractals for the Fractal rush event last year, and never touched WvW until this January, when i got a couple of lucky drops from the mystic forge and found myself holding a 'Hunter', so i did my 8 hour national service to get a Gift of Battle and Crafted my first Legendary in less that a month.

if we really want to talk about the scarcity of items, can we talk about that stinking Svanir in Frostgorge with the monopoly of Icy Runestones?

Honestly, I don't see a problem.

However, let's have some fun here.They should add the ability to purchase mystic coins with a big sack of dungeon token currency. 400 dungeon tokens for most dungeons and 300 dungeon tokens for level 80 dungeons. They should make a little "skritt black market trader" that moves around core Tyria like Historian Elisa moves around Elona and will trade golden shinnies for dungeon shinnies, yes?!. However, cap out the daily maximum purchase of coins from the skritt at 5 coins a day. Make dungeons great again! haha

@"firedragon.8953" said:Honestly, I don't see a problem.

However, let's have some fun here.They should add the ability to purchase mystic coins with a big sack of dungeon token currency. 400 dungeon tokens for most dungeons and 300 dungeon tokens for level 80 dungeons. They should make a little "skritt black market trader" that moves around core Tyria like Historian Elisa moves around Elona and will trade golden shinnies for dungeon shinnies, yes?!. However, cap out the daily maximum purchase of coins from the skritt at 5 coins a day. Make dungeons great again! hahaPVE doesn't need more incentives. If anything that should be a weekly WVW vendor for legendary spikes and emblems , or bimonthly (right before relink).

I just save my Chests of Loyalty, so I always have around 250 Mystic Clovers on hand.I made two Legendaries recently, in about 4-6 weeks.I think I have about 300 Mystic Coins left; I sold one or two hundred recently to fund something....I think it was something from the Gem Store; can't really remember.
I very rarely ever have over 200 Gold, and usually it's only around 100 Gold. (I have a habit of exchanging Gold for Gems, often, so I can purchase items that catch my eye in the Gem Store when they become available or discounted.)

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:You're assuming mystic coins are the only source of clovers. I don't think it has ever been cheaper to craft or buy a legendary.

If you are a PVE-Only player then yes Mystic Coin is the only source of Mystic Clover. For WvW Drizzlewood coast reward track is unrepeatable, for other reward tracks its about 2-4 Clovers per final box and I think it might be the same for PVP. Even if I dedicate all my gaming time (16 hours per day) to just doing WvW at most I can get 2-3 Final Box which is about 12 Clovers per day.

There is also the 7 clovers for free every 28 day via login rewards.