Ranger Pet Damage

GuriGashi.5617

Y'know what I'm gonna test that theory.

I'm going to play a Nature Magic, Wilderness survival, Beastmastery ranger. Mender + Dolyak and bunker it up while letting my pet carry the dps. If what you're saying is true then I should still be able to get top damage at the end of the game and secure kills ez pz.

Edit: ... Top damage in my first game. I mean, I did it with friends so it was in unranked but still... You might be onto something here l m a o.

Edit 2: I added sic em to the build. Most people use it to buff their dps in soulbeast, but nah. The 200 IQ move was to use it how it was originally intended more pet damage bb!

Edit 3: Bristleback f1 + sic em just half hp'd a guardian. What.

@Kuma.1503 said:Y'know what I'm gonna test that theory.

I'm going to play a Nature Magic, Wilderness survival, Beastmastery ranger. Mender + Dolyak and bunker it up while letting my pet carry the dps. If what you're saying is true then I should still be able to get top damage at the end of the game and secure kills ez pz.

Edit: ... Top damage in my first game. I mean, I did it with friends so it was in unranked but still... You might be onto something here l m a o.

Edit 2: I added sic em to the build. Most people use it to buff their dps in soulbeast, but nah. The 200 IQ move was to use it how it was originally intended more pet damage bb!

I actually laughed for real while reading this lmao

I tried that, its fun untill you 1v1 a condi build that kills your pet :/then you both just stand next to one another awkwardly.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I tried that, its fun untill you 1v1 a condi build that kills your pet :/then you both just stand next to one another awkwardly.

Maybe you can take instead of nature magic the trap traitline (idk the English name) and use healing trap with some blast finishers to heal and cleanse the condis

Ranger is kindof nice rn since it can be mobile tanky and bursty all at the same time. It’s the most well balanced build for beginners I’ve seen since forever. It one of the better 1v1ers for ranked carry but it’s super hard countered by fire weaver and condi rev is still decent- so not very good in ats.

@Avatar.3568 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I tried that, its fun untill you 1v1 a condi build that kills your pet :/then you both just stand next to one another awkwardly.

Maybe you can take instead of nature magic the trap traitline (idk the English name) and use healing trap with some blast finishers to heal and cleanse the condis

But if you want to do it just for this trap, it kind of is a waste is’nt it...I tried a lot of different builds and professions during this off season (I even asked you for a 1V1 when I was trying to build a tanky slb [in case anyone wonder none of my attempts were close to being decent]). If you want to go with skirmishing for traps I would recommend dropping WS instead of NM. This way you take healing spring, frost trap, signet of renewal, pick axe / warhorn, a wolf and you have (what I consider) a somewhat useful mid ranger build on maps with small mid nodes (and a pet that can survive). I wanted to try it in ranked but kept going with my goal of trying other professions (I am on chrono this season)

On the topic the op question / claim makes no sense because no that is not going to happen. Kuma testing doesn’t either because it probably was only on the side node (and unranked) which “virtually “ boost the stats and will not work that well if played a full season. I see a ranger "full pet buffing" twice a season and that is before gold 3. It does surprise a lot the first time you get killed but then people do catch on.

Most pets deal the same if not better damage per skill compared players themselves because they've been only lightly tapped on with few exclusive broken skills that would 10k players. They're not players that constantly cast them but their values are still superior and that goes against what should be expected.

If they had took the time to actually add the co-efficient to everything, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Given most pets have a stronger auto attack co-efficient than me wearing zerks on anything, all similar skills should be addressed.

I get it that some skills may get the exception but it's clear that pets are a problematic because they've been ignored.

Ranger by itself can dispatch players with quite some ease, so having some companion that has been immune to criticism for the longest time will be a rampant problem in the end. Doesn't matter if conditions melt pets, just care for them to not attack or peel like any normal would always rotate to defensively anyway, got Barrage that last 2 hours with over 1500 range to exploit.

Pets are fine.... man these forums literally live up to the meme, literally everything gets complained about eventually. Some pets were most definitely overperforming and were rightly nerf hammered in the not to distant past and for how long all the constant pet damage complaints that were happening disappeared and there were even thank u posts from a lot of the complainers saying pets are more in line now but let enough time goes by and a few will circle back to pets are op lol.Maybe when talking about their decent damage also include how efficient and effective pet AI is as that plays a huge factor as well in the end.