Mystic Coin Scarcity Problem - [Merged]

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:Why do posts like these that talk about the inflation in mystic coins never acknowledge the deflation in t6 mats?

Because the Devaluation of T6 mats can be more easily explained; just looking at trading data show the supply has been increasing for most of the materials for around a year now, this coincides with the releases of the Drizzlewood maps
SwbK5sL.png
Yes... thank you for pointing this out.My point is this:Players who make this complaint (and we have seen a few over the past year or so) always point to how hard to makes crafting a legendary.They never acknowledge how much easier their loot farms have made it, how much faster it is to accrue t6 mats thanks to Drizzlewood or the Volatile Magic Farms. All we hear are the sob stories.Making a Legendary item in this game has never been easier, but these posts about Mystic Coins that cry "what about the casuals making legendaries??" don't stop.

I am not even a casual player and I find out even with everything I do daily I can only make around 5-6 coins per day per 1 account. I am talking about Supply and Demand mostly. There is more demand than supply for the Coin market and a lot of TP Baron know that so they are holding coins especially Goldrim who holds approx 500,000 Mystics Coin and his account worth 16.3 million gold. Just this morning the moment I posted this discussion, the Coin price was 3 gold because some guy just purchasing a huge amount of coins on the market. I even know some people who have around 20k - 50k coins in their banks. They are all waiting for EOD and Steam release to jack up the coin price to 4 gold. When Coin reaches 4 gold each, Legendary Gen 1 price is up, T6 mats will also back to primetime. Not to mention, new legendaries might also be released with the expansion. I do not know how many Legendaries you have crafted but as a person who has unlocked 75% of the legendaries items in this game and I am crafting new legendary every 2 or 3 weeks, I am still finding out it takes too long to collect enough coins. You and I might have time to focus on grinding for legendaries but you need to have an open mind and think about the real casual player who has like 2-3 hours of game times per day. I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary. There are a lot of contents in this game and what is fun when you only have 2-3 hours of game time and have to grind for something you want in a game. Remember this, Gw2 is a game, not a 2nd full-time job.

• Making a Gen 1 is easy but Gen 2 is a bit different, sure you get the clovers then what? Those 250 Mystic Coin for Mystic Tribute is not free.

• About the devalue of T6 Mats, the value is going down because you can grind that mats but for the coin, you have a limited way to do it. Grinding t6 map is not that easy either to get a full stack of T6 it takes hours too, it is not as you go to Drizzle Coast, goes around does some events here and there, and kaboom 1 stack of T6 mats.

• Stop using the word "cry" lol, people have the right to mention and discuss. If you do not like these posts so stop reading them. It is not that hard. Using words like cry does not make you superior compare to others. You might have a top value account in Gw2, you might say crafting legendaries is easy for you, well Good for you then. However, you need to stay open-minded and respect other people opinion

" I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary."

Legendaries weapons are a luxury , should we hand them out? Especially given that you can get one instantly on the TP.2000g / 30g per hour = 66 hours of playtime

Really, of all things you picked legendary weapons to write about...

If you argument was to flood the market with more ways to obtain ascended weapons you'd have a cogent argument.

@"Infusion.7149" said:" I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary."

Legendaries weapons are a luxury , should we hand them out? Especially given that you can get one instantly on the TP.2000g / 30g per hour = 66 hours of playtime

Can you sell me a Chuka and Champawat right away please

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:" I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary."

So your argument is Gen II legendaries are too hard to get now?

P.S. it's still a luxury item.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:" I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary."

So your argument is Gen II legendaries are too hard to get now?

P.S. it's still a luxury item.

Supply and Demand brother not about legendary.

The value of Mystic coins going up is normal. I'm used to and expect seeing it at 2.5g a piece.

Not releasing new legendary weapons regularly as well as increasing the chance of most valuable drops in the absolute latest maps is causing the materials to drop in value. If they do Gen 3 weapons, things are going to be hell on Mystic Coins. However, everything else goes up in value as well.

It's just a shame that everything T5 and lower is losing value quickly because they are not being given to us in the latest content. There's no reason to go into any map under level 80 as things continue.

@"Frozenize.9603" said:

Supply and Demand brother not about legendary.The semiconductor supply is in hot demand for mining and Porsche + Tesla can't get enough chips. Do you care about that too?

Plus in 7 months you the "surveyed players" would have 20x7=140 mystic coins from just logging in , on top of 7x7 = 49 mystic clovers from monthly rewards. If they do daily ley line anomaly that's another 210 or so mystic coins.

I suspect you have ulterior motives here. You picked one of the worst examples too since the Chuka & Champawat collections are a bigger hurdle for someone who is casual , much like jump puzzles are an issue for people with poor reflexes making Aurora harder. Gift of Battle "takes too much time in a competitive mode" is another complaint commonly posted. Other gen II legendaries that don't involve anything other than HoT meta are basically glorified gen 1 legendaries once you have HoT or PoF map completion.

Since your purported playtime is 16 hours then you can just do ley line anomaly on an alt , it's minutes long. Mystic coins aren't accountbound.

The last thing we need is more handouts just for logging in or any content that is purely a farm (see public DRM afkers). That just makes more accounts that aren't actively played with player interaction on a social and economic level. Requiring active play is needed for a healthy game ecosystem (especially a MMO) , not just economically but to sustain the playerbase. That's a major problem in ranked PvP right now , the rewards just for showing up exacerbated the botting situation since the rewards are uncapped. Custom arena has a limit on it. I've also been against daily veteran slayer in WvW for the longest time since it contributes nothing to the matchup whatsoever and just leads to afk players in the corner: they could have put daily yak defender and it would be similarly low effort.

If you just care about the supply announce ley line anomaly in your guild or something. Supply will only go up if more is introduced.

@Frozenize.9603 Your post does echo the sentiments by many players in-game, but I in my humble opinion I think Anet wants the prices for Coins to stay as they are.

1) On the plus side for newbie players selling MC's are a great source of income @ Game start. If we cast our minds back to when we started out: No gold, no gems (non-gem users) it was incredibly hard at game-start to make sufficient gold to buy anything much, let alone to get your 1st crafting professions maxed out: Its a fast, easy gold wind-fall for newbies selling their MC's, ~16 Instant Gold on the day you get x8 MC's.

2) The fact that the log-in reward being the main/easy way to get the coins it also encourages players to buy/make additional acccounts, mabye purchase further Xpac's for those accounts, and low and behold purchase additional Gemstore on their alt accounts, possibly only limited to QoL purchases : Good business acumen.

3) I ask players complaining about MC cost: What do they spend their 2G daily reward on ? Easy answer for me is I've used my 2G Daily for the last 2-3 years to buy approx. 1 Coin each day, so slightly short of what the cost is atm, but give or take a bit it equates to ~ 28-29 Coins per month: No brainer eh ?!

4) The trade-off I find for those that find MC's costly that also want to craft a Legendary is: The cheaper T5/T6 mats ( massive increase in players due to lockdown, more players farming, more afk farmer bots, drizzlewood mats++, Icebrood Saga (Exalted, Deldrimor chests etc): We have a massive supply these days of T5/T6, keeping prices low.

5) I've crafted/bought my fair share of Gen1/Gen2 Legendaries and interestingly enough don't find the Gen 1's in TP to have risen too astronomical in price over-time (ofc no costly Mystic Tribute and therefore need for mystic coins): i..e they are within reach for any level 80 player that wants to put some graft in to either craft, or farm and buy...but I also remind myself Legendaries are very niceQoL (stat changeable), sigil/rune/infusion extractable with no extractor required, nice graphical effects, but other than that for me they are just glorified items with no damage/armour enhancement better than Ascended.

6) I'm a functional kind of guy, and constantly ask myself the question: Why did I make 2 x Legendary Great Swords, since how often will I actually stat change or even swap sigils in a GS: As a power weapon constantly run Berserker, sometimes dependent on game-mode switch to Marauder but never swap to another stat attribute and even the stat change Berserker>Marauder on 1 item is not something I notice, so I could have happily stuck with an Ascended Great Sword as does the exact same job on the battlefield....

7_) .....this brings me to my point that IF the Mystic Coins price rose too high, I would definitly NOT buy MC's from TP at all. I would just acrue MC's slowly myself through login rewards (multi-account), Leyline Anomaly, Fractals/WvW, and making a Legendary I would just see as an end-game luxury (nothing else better to spend my gold on or invest my time into). Mystic Clovers I could just farm through Drizzlewood Caches, WvW reward tracks, fractals. Since I've no actual competitve damage/armour benefit from Legendary items I could not justify to myself in buying the coins from TP if they rose too high. People also remind me that Nightfury (not Leggy) costs 250 Coins, but again this is just a luxury, graphical effect item: We don't need it at all to compete at highest levels, again if it was something that I really really wanted I would acrue my own coins slowly over time.

8) I'm all for players speculating, many of us do the same on a vast array of items in-game. However, specualation is not without risk. Even if their is 1 player that has amassed 1 million, 2 million, or even 10 million coins, but paid market value at the time they invested: 1.5G-2G then good luck to them is what I say ( But I certainly will not be buying their MC's from TP if the price rises too much!! ): Obviously speculating on the fact if and when Legendary Armoury hits us, the coins will spike.

9) BUT and a BIG BUT HERE: Just imagine if simultaneously, without warning, at the launch of Legendary Armoury Anet launches alternative methods to obtain MC's and the supply massively increases, sinking the price, those MC investors will be hit badly where it hurts. C'est la vie of speculation!

10) Example>>> Magumma Lilies: An investor friend of mine speculated on Magumma Lilies bought 10,000 of them during Dragon Bash (Dragon Coffers), supply the greatest time of the year due to the coffers, bought at ~4G each hoping as per pre-festival the price was selling 7.5G-8G, and with no warning from Anet the drop-rate from Jungle Plants was increased, sinking the price to what it is now ? 92 silver each: Work out the MAth on how much gold he lost!!! Many say the same thing will never happen to MC's but who knows for sure. That's specualtion for you, nothing certain, yes Speculators can make massive amounts of gold, but also lose massively ( funny how we only tend to hear about the gold made, and ofc those that have made massive losses keep quiet, as not something they want to broadcast!!)

11) TLDR: Price for Mystic Coins at current market value is okay.

12) PRO-TIP: Multi-account daily login, Run fractals CMs+T4 or even just T4 is enough on more than one account: Best investment you can make if you want clovers, fast gold/time spent. You'll have all the Mystic Clovers, Mystic Coins you'll ever need ( Coins: Daily login on each account, + buy from TP with the gold you make from running fractals on more than one account you'll soon have abundance of both )

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Inflation is managed over the entire economy and not just one item. It's not reaching 3G, it's 2.2GIt spiked to 3g this week. It went back soon to 2.2-2.3, but that's another price barrier that has been breached. Also, notice how that "low" value of 2.2/2.3g was considered to be a "high spike" last year. But of course that bubble is going to burst any second now [/sarcasm].

I keep hearing the same explanations about how the situation is stable over and over again, and yet the price is still rising, and we keep having those talks more and more often now, as the next breakpoints in price are being breached faster and faster. At this rate it's quite realistic to expect us to have the same talk this year about a spike to 4g, or even higher. And people will be saying how everything is fine, because "the price immediately stabilized at 3.2g, so the increase was only temporary".

But of course everything is perfectly fine and nothing worth mentioning is happening. Just move along and pretend you haven't seen anything, good sir or madam.

@Frozenize.9603 said:Mystic Coin scarcity is a big problem for the Gw2 Community atm in my opinion.welcome on Trading Post! tonns of Mystic Coins waits your!

For Legendary Gen 1 you need around 231 Coins for 77 Mystic CloversFor Legendary Gen 1 you need 0 mystic coins. Take Clover from another source IF mc price big for you. Welcome on Drizzle meta or wvw.

legendary Gen 2, you might need at least 481 Coins for Mystic Tribute.for gen2 you need 250. And if you start do legendary - be legendary rich. This is i-end content. It should not be easy doible per few weeks for everyone.

and push the price to 4 gold.This is not problem. 4 gold? for leg2 spend 1000 golds for 250 ms and get clover fro another source. IT is cheap and easy.

Remember when coin price was 15-20 silver per piece and not is might get to 4-5 gold, how crazy is that.I don't see any problem is MC can be 10 gold for craft leg2. It is also CHEAP.

Buy gems, convert to gold, and if it cheap - buy from TP asap. For me critical price for one MC - is 50 gold. In this way I will get is only from dayli login.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

I crafted my Chuka and Champowat 6-8 months ago. It cost around 2,200 gold back then to craft. (can't pinpoint the exact moment given I have crafted on average 1.5 legendary items per months for over a year now).

As of this writing, the cost to craft it according to efficiency is: 2,146 gold.

You keep omitting the price decline in other materials other than Mystic Coins. In this case ALSO the severe drop in price of Amalgamated Gemstones on top of T6 materials (which have declined further since then).

No matter how you spin it, crafting T2 legendary items has also not increased.

Now will this hold true IF Mystic Coins keep increasing? No. Right now though, legendarys are not more expensive than in the past. On the contrary, when making use of Mystic Clover acquisition outside of the Mystic Toilet, it has become cheaper across the board. Even WHEN using the Mystic Toilet to craft Clovers, the prices have remained stable so far.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:You're assuming mystic coins are the only source of clovers. I don't think it has ever been cheaper to craft or buy a legendary.

If you are a PVE-Only player then yes Mystic Coin is the only source of Mystic Clover. For WvW Drizzlewood coast reward track is unrepeatable, for other reward tracks its about 2-4 Clovers per final box and I think it might be the same for PVP. Even if I dedicate all my gaming time (16 hours per day) to just doing WvW at most I can get 2-3 Final Box which is about 12 Clovers per day.

So.. like many things in GW 2 you are saying coins and clovers are effectively time gated unless you want to spend more gold on them?

Also, the last time I calculated, you could acquire 75-80 mystic coins a month just by playing the game

And clovers? 7 from monthly reward, and, with 4 hours a day, 15 more from Reward tracks.

We don’t have a ‘scarcity’ problem in mystic coins.

Buy them, or okay for them. Having the ‘need for it now’ makes it more expensive. Saving for it, makes it cost almost nothing but time.

The problem is that the OP thinks mystic coins are supposed to be easy come by, when it is very much supposed to be a long term goal. Considering the dwindling prices of mats in general, it is only natural that the prices of mystic is steadily rising.

That said, I think it would be amazing, if in the near/distant future, there was way to gain a mystic coin per day through endgame content.You could unlock a NPC in the guild hall that would trade you a mystic coin for doing your daily tier 4 fractals, a daily set of three strike missions and one raid encounter. For example, at the price of one guild commendation, you could purchase one object that you could keep in your inventory that would record your daily activity and that you give back to the NPC to get a mystic coin.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:Why do posts like these that talk about the inflation in mystic coins never acknowledge the deflation in t6 mats?

Because the Devaluation of T6 mats can be more easily explained; just looking at trading data show the supply has been increasing for most of the materials for around a year now, this coincides with the releases of the Drizzlewood maps
SwbK5sL.png
Yes... thank you for pointing this out.My point is this:Players who make this complaint (and we have seen a few over the past year or so) always point to how hard to makes crafting a legendary.They never acknowledge how much easier their loot farms have made it, how much faster it is to accrue t6 mats thanks to Drizzlewood or the Volatile Magic Farms. All we hear are the sob stories.Making a Legendary item in this game has never been easier, but these posts about Mystic Coins that cry "what about the casuals making legendaries??" don't stop.

I am not even a casual player and I find out even with everything I do daily I can only make around 5-6 coins per day per 1 account.How many can you buy with the increase spending power from Drizzlewood and Dragonfall?I do not know how many Legendaries you have crafted but as a person who has unlocked 75% of the legendaries items in this game and I am crafting new legendary every 2 or 3 weeks, I am still finding out it takes too long to collect enough coins.So you're saying the current situation keeps you from making more than one Legendary every 2-3 weeks?The horror.You and I might have time to focus on grinding for legendaries but you need to have an open mind and think about the real casual player who has like 2-3 hours of game times per day.I find it best to speak for myself instead of pretend people. As someone who has "unlocked 75% of the legendaries items in this game" you have absolutely zero business speaking on behalf of casual players. You are not one. Leveraging the concerns of people who may or may not exist in order to bolster your legendary armory is disingenuous at best.I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary.Please share your survey data.
  • Making a Gen 1 is easy but Gen 2 is a bit different, sure you get the clovers then what? Those 250 Mystic Coin for Mystic Tribute is not free.I am aware. I've made many.
  • About the devalue of T6 Mats, the value is going down because you can grind that mats but for the coin, you have a limited way to do it. Grinding t6 map is not that easy either to get a full stack of T6 it takes hours too, it is not as you go to Drizzle Coast, goes around does some events here and there, and kaboom 1 stack of T6 mats.This part of your post is absolute gibberish.
  • Stop using the word "cry" lol, people have the right to mention and discuss. If you do not like these posts so stop reading them. It is not that hard. Using words like cry does not make you superior compare to others. You might have a top value account in Gw2, you might say crafting legendaries is easy for you, well Good for you then. However, you need to stay open-minded and respect other people opinionThese complaints are false flags. They are mock crying and I will continue to sall them out as such.Your post on behalf of the casuals (when you are clearly not one) in order for you to be able to make legendaries faster than every couple of weeks is really all we need to know about it.The price for legendary crafting is lower than ever despite the rise in MC cost. All the half formed sentences, tinfoil hat conspiracy theories that name and shame other players, and arguing on behalf of pretend people will not change this.

@flog.3485 said:The problem is that the OP thinks mystic coins are supposed to be easy come by, when it is very much supposed to be a long term goal.they no supposed to easy come. You get it from dayli login fro free. So you can imagine what thay accbount and not check praises at all.Also keep at rule not use them in forge to gel clover. Simple the best.

Considering the dwindling prices of mats in general, it is only natural that the prices of mystic is steadily rising.not care about that. Keep yours and relax.

That said, I think it would be amazing, if in the near/distant future, there was way to gain a mystic coin per day through endgame content.you should be happy that they not account bound and sell-able only per gems .. 100 gems is one coin.

You could unlock a NPC in the guild hall that would trade you a mystic coin for doing your daily tier 4 fractalswe already have a lot of MC per fractal cm .. I have more few stack and they eat space on bank.. Please no more from any npc.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:I keep hearing the same explanations about how the situation is stable over and over again, and yet the price is still rising, and we keep having those talks more and more often now, as the next breakpoints in price are being breached faster and faster. At this rate, it's quite realistic to expect us to have the same talk this year about a spike to 4g, or even higher. And people will be saying how everything is fine, because "the price immediately stabilized at 3.2g, so the increase was only temporary".

But of course everything is perfectly fine and nothing worth mentioning is happening. Just move along and pretend you haven't seen anything, good sir or madam.

Mystic coin price is one the more stable price on the TP. Compare it to other mats. When farmable materials get cheaper the price of the time-limited commodity will increase. This is actually good because it means people are actually playing the game and crafting legendaries. If the MC price would decrease in the current market, it would be concerning because it would mean people are not crafting leggies. I think this is actually the purpose of MCs, to keep legendaries rare and their price stable. Since the price of legendaries is actually decreasing you could even conclude that MCs are actually undervalued and we can expect a further price increase.If I would expect a supply/price correction from Anet, I think it would be the other way people are expecting. Decrease the supply to increase the price to keep legendaries somewhat exclusive.

I might be wrong but I think legendaries were never intended for casual players.

@Frozenize.9603 said:

SwbK5sL.png

I am not even a casual player and I find out even with everything I do daily I can only make around 5-6 coins per day per 1 account. I am talking about Supply and Demand mostly. There is more demand than supply for the Coin market and a lot of TP Baron know that so they are holding coins especially Goldrim who holds approx 500,000 Mystics Coin and his account worth 16.3 million gold. Just this morning the moment I posted this discussion, the Coin price was 3 gold because some guy just purchasing a huge amount of coins on the market. I even know some people who have around 20k - 50k coins in their banks. They are all waiting for EOD and Steam release to jack up the coin price to 4 gold. When Coin reaches 4 gold each, Legendary Gen 1 price is up, T6 mats will also back to primetime. Not to mention, new legendaries might also be released with the expansion. I do not know how many Legendaries you have crafted but as a person who has unlocked 75% of the legendaries items in this game and I am crafting new legendary every 2 or 3 weeks, I am still finding out it takes too long to collect enough coins. You and I might have time to focus on grinding for legendaries but you need to have an open mind and think about the real casual player who has like 2-3 hours of game times per day. I have done some surveys with the real casual players, and trust me when I say it takes them approx 7-8 months for 1 legendary. There are a lot of contents in this game and what is fun when you only have 2-3 hours of game time and have to grind for something you want in a game. Remember this, Gw2 is a game, not a 2nd full-time job.
  • Making a Gen 1 is easy but Gen 2 is a bit different, sure you get the clovers then what? Those 250 Mystic Coin for Mystic Tribute is not free.
  • About the devalue of T6 Mats, the value is going down because you can grind that mats but for the coin, you have a limited way to do it. Grinding t6 map is not that easy either to get a full stack of T6 it takes hours too, it is not as you go to Drizzle Coast, goes around does some events here and there, and kaboom 1 stack of T6 mats.
  • Stop using the word "cry" lol, people have the right to mention and discuss. If you do not like these posts so stop reading them. It is not that hard. Using words like cry does not make you superior compare to others. You might have a top value account in Gw2, you might say crafting legendaries is easy for you, well Good for you then. However, you need to stay open-minded and respect other people opinion

Real casual players get out the credit card and buy every mat from the TP instantly. Then they play the game for the collection's and stuff you can't buy.

@"Cuks.8241" said:Mystic coin price is one the more stable price on the TP. Compare it to other mats.If you mean "stably increasing in price" then sure. Other mats have their ups and downs and we can easily expect that something that is down now may increase in price in the future (and the other way around). Not so MCs. They generally only go up. Any spikes in price are temporary, and either don't affect that longterm trend at all, or just accelerate it even further.

When farmable materials get cheaper the price of the time-limited commodity will increase.That price was increasing even when the price of farmable materials was stable, or even during those times when they were going up. Those prices seem to be completely unrelated, and the fact that currently this resulted in some sort of "self-correction" of legendary prices is purely accidental.

I think this is actually the purpose of MCs, to keep legendaries rare and their price stable.No. The current situation of MCs is purely due to the belief of a certain previous GW2 economy guy, who thought that the bubble is going to burst as soon as people's bank mats tabs will get filled with MCs and they'd start selling. That decision was made when MCs were at 50s. Years later that person no longer works for Anet, but the people are still hoarding, and the price is still increasing.

I might be wrong but I think legendaries were never intended for casual players.Legendaries were originally meant to be an "endgame" everyone can go for (even if in the end not everyone's going to reach).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Cuks.8241 said:I think this is actually the purpose of MCs, to keep legendaries rare and their price stable.No. The current situation of MCs is purely due to the belief of a certain previous GW2 economy guy, who thought that the bubble is going to burst as soon as people's bank mats tabs will get filled with MCs and they'd start selling. That decision was made when MCs were at 50s. Years later that person no longer works for Anet, but the people are still hoarding, and the price is still increasing.

Care to elaborate on that because I dont see the connection of your post to the purpose of a material like mystic coin with limited aquisition methods.