Stuck on progression due to server transfer.

Pixyl.9016

I have wrote a ticket about this issue, and the employee told me to try and post it here, since support can't do anything about it.

I have never really bothered with WvW, but recently a group of friends invited me to try it out. Of course, we were on different worlds, so I transferred to join them.I'm having fun with the mode, but there is one huge issue: the Warclaw. To unlock the final piece I have to buy it from a merchant for 50 tickets; problem is that the rest of the Warclaw collection only gave me 40 (5 a piece, currently at 35 but I'll finish the reward track very soon), and I'm stuck now for 2 weeks unable to get pips due to transfering, which means without a mount that is at this point a necessary part of the system.It honestly sounds like a poor design, getting stuck for 2 whole weeks, late to any fight, painstakingly having to walk maybe switching to a movement speed signet, but inevitably falling behind. The two systems clearly weren't made eith eachother in mind; the Warclaw is an essential part of the gamemode. Pretty much nobody has the AoE speed buff, since most if not all organized groups assume everybody has the mount, and even if they do, eventually you can't keep up if they also use dashes, and of course they all do.Getting stuck on progression for this long as a "new player" (to this mode) feels horrible: was it two or three days, or even one whole reset it would be understandable, but this is just way too long, especially since it's only a mere 10 tickets I'll be missing.

Maybe it would make sense to not block pips (or block them for a reduced amount of time) if you're under a specific WvW Rank and therefore a new player?

Any help on how I can solve this problem would be appreciated, else the only possible fix I can see is abandoning the mode until I can get pips again, cause playing like this is just impossible. It seems ANet really doesn't want you to play with your friends: you have to pay to transfer and then you also get punished for it.

? I almost never fall behind even on foot. Thanks to the trait that gives people nearby warclaw a max speed increase. Which almost everyone is running. When there's lots of dashing that can kinda be a problem, but. Idk mate. Doesn't seem like a huge issue. Maybe play Herald for a couple weeks. Infinite swiftness. And it's one of the more fun classes to play in WvW.

They felt blocking pips was a way to discourage frequent transfers.

I mean that’s it. New, old, doesn’t matter.

Now, whether it actually discourages transfers or not, who really knows. My gut tells me bandwagonners will transfer regardless. But giving an exception to a ‘low rank’ isn’t a solution.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:They felt blocking pips was a way to discourage frequent transfers.

Now, whether it actually discourages transfers or not, who really knows. My gut tells me bandwagonners will transfer regardless. But giving an exception to a ‘low rank’ isn’t a solution.

It doesn't.

Well, maybe for new players? Everyone now puts alts on other servers, they keep their main on the server most of their friends are on, however if that server gets into a bad matchup, they just play on an alt that's on a server winning it's matchup. Once you have a few in place, you will never have to transfer and you will never be hit with a transfer penalty because you didn't transfer anything and it cost you nothing. Sure, you have to level and gear the alts, but that's not very hard if your main account is established and can fund the others.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:They felt blocking pips was a way to discourage frequent transfers.

It doesn't.

Well, maybe for new players? Everyone now puts alts on other servers, they keep their main on the server most of their friends are on, however if that server gets into a bad matchup, they just play on an alt that's on a server winning it's matchup. Once you have a few in place, you will never have to transfer and you will never be hit with a transfer penalty because you didn't transfer anything and it cost you nothing. Sure, you have to level and gear the alts, but that's not very hard if your main account is established and can fund the others.

Oh, I agree.. Those that jump consistently tend to not be focused on pips anymore.

I think the ones it hurts are the players recruited by guilds on host servers that want to stay with that guild for WvW but can’t transfer to them directly.

But the ‘whole guilds’ that keep jumping? Yeah, they aren’t worried about it as pips likely don’t help them as much at this stage.

Most have what they want from pips.

@"Pixyl.9016"My friend who came back recently after 5 years, fell into the exact same "trap", transferred too early and got screwed out of the warclaw for that time, I felt bad about not remembering immediately about the pips lockout for transferring and warning him, but he did it in a hurry as he wanted to play together right away and not wait another week for it.

Anyways, he found a solution, which is terrible, considering the whole unlock process should provide the entire 50 tickets(or lower it to 40 to purchase), without needing the skirmish in the first place, this system really only screws over brand new or returning players to wvw, not current veterans who are actually doing all the server hopping and got their mounts already.

But if you get the guildrider warclaw reward track you can get tickets from it. Just need to fork up another 200g(lol) but you get black lion goodies in there as well to make up for it. wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guildrider_Warclaw_Skin_Reward_Track

Also the aura for the mount is damn garbage, you have to practically be on the person and wait 10s for it to trigger(use to be lower), in a zerg sure it's fine, roaming and small group is somewhat of a problem. Sure ok there still needs to be a selling point for the mount, but it has it's other advantages, the extra health bar, dashes, immune to cc, spear to dismount, so what's the big deal in giving people proper run speed from it until they get their mount?

Warclaw speed is about comparable to Swiftness.

Get some Swiftness or other movement speed buffs and you should be okay, especially with your friends' Warclaw auras.

This will be a slight annoyance but you'll also get a better sense of how movement speed works, perhaps.

@"ASP.8093" said:Warclaw speed is about comparable to Swiftness.

Get some Swiftness or other movement speed buffs and you should be okay, especially with your friends' Warclaw auras.

This will be a slight annoyance but you'll also get a better sense of how movement speed works, perhaps.

It's not really comparable. It's considerably faster and anyone who uses it will be leaping ahead every few seconds too.

To the OP, if you are playing with friends who already have it unlocked, make sure they stay near you until you have the Warclaw's Blessing buff from their mount mastery. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw%27s_Blessing. Assuming your friends aren't just as new as you, they will probably have this unlocked, and you'll be able to run as fast as them.