The Olmakhan Global Faction Mobilization Event Begins Now!

Fire Attunement.9835

I'm slightly mystified why these events don't appear worthy of even a mention in "Latest News" as you load the game. Not that it affects me much, but why are they so under the radar? I'm sure previous bonus events/side stories got properly announced. ???

@"Jong.5937" said:I'm slightly mystified why these events don't appear worthy of even a mention in "Latest News" as you load the game. Not that it affects me much, but why are they so under the radar? I'm sure previous bonus events/side stories got properly announced. ???

None of the Faction Mobilization events did. You get a mail though with some intro the first time you log in when the event is on.

I'm mostly just sad there are barely any items this week, while the missions are more doable than the last time. There are only 2 skins this time around.

@"Jong.5937" said:I'm slightly mystified why these events don't appear worthy of even a mention in "Latest News" as you load the game. Not that it affects me much, but why are they so under the radar? I'm sure previous bonus events/side stories got properly announced. ???

Yes and no. Usually, when there was a Side Story, there was just a kind of cryptic clue in the Patch Notes. With Bonus Events, though, there was almost always a News Blog announcement.

@Prophet of Flames.2783 said:

None of the Faction Mobilization events did. You get a mail though with some intro the first time you log in when the event is on.

I'm mostly just sad there are barely any items this week, while the missions are more doable than the last time. There are only 2 skins this time around.

There was only ever 1-2 newish skins.Most were old spvp skins you cant get anymore or skins found else were like the auric weaponshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auric_weaponsOr ebon vanguard karma skinshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ebon_Vanguard_weapons

The only truly new ones I think was axe from the crystal bloom and the infusion from the dwarfs.

So I guess I just missed this and the dailies don't exist anymore. Is the material donations the only way to get Support Marks now? I assume the Mastery will eventually be able to be purchased with Tyrian Defense Seals like the rest of them. When does that change over? I was having a surprisingly hard time trying to look up how this all works. :(

@"Jokubas.4265" said:So I guess I just missed this

"Just"? By a week. ;) Where have you been since the release of the Champions episode several months ago? :o

and the dailies don't exist anymore.

Each of those faction events runs for a week. The vendor remains for another week, but you are no longer able to receive any faction marks via dailies as the event is over. After that second week, the vendor's goods transfer over to the permanent Tyrian Defense Seals NPC to the left.

Is the material donations the only way to get Support Marks now?

Yes.

I was having a surprisingly hard time trying to look up how this all works. :(

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champions

The merchant will leave next Tuesday, at the usual time. At that time, or if they mess up soon after, you will be able to buy all items for defense seals.

All the recipes, though, require you to first craft the corresponding azure or crimson weapon.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Jokubas.4265" said:So I guess I just missed this

"Just"? By a week. ;) Where have you been since the release of the Champions episode several months ago? :oI've been playing on and off during Champions. I played a whole ton during what was apparently the Tengu week, but sort of burned myself out and took a break. I've been sort of confused as to how the event has worked from the beginning, but I never really looked into it because I'd never run into a problem before (the NPCs say they'll explain things but they're all very vague about any details, just that more things are going to happen). I think every other time I had popped in it had been during the week with faction dailies, so I by coincidence wasn't aware anything changed from when a new faction came up to when they switch over.

Thanks for the clear response though. :)