Oh no...it's a choya stampede! - [Merged]

Happy April Fools everyone! I thought the tonic was rather cool. I especially liked the telekinetic weapons and legendary trinket effects showing and gliders (or at least the legendary ones) showing. It reminded me of the cool way Balthazar wielded his greatsword in the Vlast cutscene of the PoF story.

Would be amazing if some clever person were to capture high res clips of the effects. Choya gliding with The Ascension, for example, plus legendary weapons sheathed is funny / cool. I really liked the tonic + reaper + gravedigger animation with Twilight, as a specific example. Knowing how cool the legendary weapon animations are, someone could spread a lot of joy by capturing/posting these with the tonic. (I bet Astralaria + Firebrand would look amazing too.)

Not going to beg for it to be permanent, but it would be good to know if it is worth saving the tonic for April 1, 2022 and 2023, and ...

I got that Choya transformation potions and tried to take camps with it in WvW. Now I can not find any Choya Sage in Lion's Arch (checked GW2 wiki for it), so I wonder if it is only a joke or does that NPC exist? Is it even possible to finish those achievements or are those meant to tease people?

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

Nope, The joy is going to WvW as well. There is even a task to conquir the biggest thing in the mist war while under the influence of the tonic!!

I understand that its currently usable in WvW and that there is an achievement tied to it, what I was saying is that I'm all for the tonic being a permanent part of the game as long as it isn't permanent in WvW.

In case anyone frets over the achievements, you don't really have to complete them for the rewards.But, it's fun to do them as a Choya.

You can wear Halo and Representation Button and all manner of other things with the tonic.You can use Novelties, as well.
If you dance, there are different dance animations.

It's a lot of fun; thanks Devs, job well done.

Also, the cats from the contest offered at the last Extra Life event are in Eye of the North, as well as a new Giant Cat (seen with the Chatoyant Elixir or the new Chatoyant Lens).

@Jables.4659 said:

Nope, The joy is going to WvW as well. There is even a task to conquir the biggest thing in the mist war while under the influence of the tonic!!

I understand that its currently usable in WvW and that there is an achievement tied to it, what I was saying is that I'm all for the tonic being a permanent part of the game as long as it isn't permanent in WvW.

You don't really need to do anything for the achievement. The chief isn't really checking if you did what you claim. Achievement is checked based on the honor system, which means you can just say what you want. It only changes your personality which is used for absolutly nothing.

(then again, would you lie to the chief??!!)

Is it only me or do we get an invisible charr-exoskelett when we take the tonic? Since when I dance and I have bugged out legy hand effects above me it sure looks like the charr dance. And when I look at my Abyss Infusion and sometimes when running it looks like if it tilts down on "all fours".

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:I got that Choya transformation potions and tried to take camps with it in WvW. Now I can not find any Choya Sage in Lion's Arch (checked GW2 wiki for it), so I wonder if it is only a joke or does that NPC exist? Is it even possible to finish those achievements or are those meant to tease people?

The choya in LA has an icon on the map. It’s basically impossible to miss ...

Surely there is a post already about the tonic, but really, make it permanent. I never knew I wanted to be a choya engineer until now! :o A Choyineer!I also enjoy a lot being a Deadoya, a Weavya, A Choymancer or Scappoya.

Feel free to merge my post if one already exist. This isn't April Fools, this is CONTENT.