Amazon "sale" price same as price on ANET store?

@Luthan.5236 said:Sale only from 2th - 4th april and not active yet? (If I remember correctly from reading the newas a few hours ago. Do not want to check the news again ha ha.)

You are absolutely right. For some reason I saw that only as the gem timeframe. Still want to know if you get HoT; it reads like you don't.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Stock up on gems and save big! From April 2 until April 4, get 20% off digital Guild Wars 2 Gem Cards valued at 2,000 gems and 50% off Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Standard or Deluxe editions when you purchase them through our Amazon store.

Notice: "through our Amazon Store", which would seem to indicate that Anet/NCSoft are selling via Amazon.

@Invisible Pete.7290 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:
Stock up on gems and save big! From
April 2 until April 4
, get 20% off digital Guild Wars 2 Gem Cards valued at 2,000 gems and 50% off Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Standard or Deluxe editions when you purchase them through our Amazon store.

Notice: "through our Amazon Store", which would seem to indicate that Anet/NCSoft are selling via Amazon.

Amazon has always been an Authorized Retailer. No news there.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Stock up on gems and save big! From
April 2 until April 4
, get 20% off digital Guild Wars 2 Gem Cards valued at 2,000 gems and 50% off Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Standard or Deluxe editions when you purchase them through our Amazon store.

Amazon has always been an Authorized Retailer. No news there.

True, but Amazon is an International company (with country specific purchasing sites), as is Anet and the world wide player base. Restricting it to the US web site only is a just a slap in the face!!!!!!

I Just purchased the 20% off gem cards from Amazon. My purchase was limited to 2 cards only. There was no limit specified on the amazon page, but when I went to checkout trying to purchase 3, they removed one & only let me buy 2. Not sure if this is 2 per day or 2 for the whole sale. Any official words on the quantity allowed?

The devs (FireAttunement) stated on the other thread about this sale being limited to US, that they were going to have a sale for countries other than the US in the near future. Also, it seems as though while you can only purchase two codes per Amazon transaction, you can do multiple transactions at two codes per transaction. I can't imagine this would be an issue, as ANet did not specify a quantity limit for discounted card purchases.

I thought Vpn's let you change what country you appear to be in when accessing the internet? If a European were to use a Vpn and set their location to the United States, wouldn't they then be able to access the sale? I am not sure about payment methods and currency, but you would be paying US sales tax. Is there a reason using a Vpn is not advised?