Could we add a way to vote for „Player of the Match“ after games?

GuriGashi.5617

Title is self-explanatory - it would be nice, if we were able to vote about who „carried“ the game after a ranked match is over. What I mean by „carried“ doesn’t necessarily mean playing the best, but also being nice towards your team mates during matches. It could maybe even help against the toxicity, since no one would vote for someone who flames the chat.

I would suggest adding some form of small reward to it like a few more pips, a Potion of PvP Reward or even an achievement + title if you manage to become „Player of the Match“ a thousand times.

@Filip.7463 said:The one thats toxic doesnt care about additional tick but his rating.

Then how about giving the best player from the winning team some extra rank points (2-3) and the best player from the losing team less rank point decrease (also 2-3)?I mean it would certainly help against the early AFK‘ers and toxic players, since they could still prevent a „heavier“ rank loss by behaving nicely and continuing to play until the match is over in case they are losing

@snoow.1694 said:

@"Filip.7463" said:The one thats toxic doesnt care about additional tick but his rating.

Then how about giving the best player from the winning team some extra rank points (2-3) and the best player from the losing team less rank point decrease (also 2-3)?

I would not implement that. This should be a "soft" incentive for better behaviour. A title would be the maximum, I'd rather just have a private counter. Anything else might bring a demanding atmosphere - but as long as it is nothing fancy, I'd still be good with it. Humans just need a small reason to be helpful, without it they become overly competitive.

Or, well, dancing over the corpses at the end of the game... without even the option to /bow in respect before kneeling enemies... you know, sportmanship and stuff... it's the little things that influence a community over time...

@snoow.1694 said:

@Filip.7463 said:The one thats toxic doesnt care about additional tick but his rating.

Then how about giving the best player from the winning team some extra rank points (2-3) and the best player from the losing team less rank point decrease (also 2-3)?I mean it would certainly help against the early AFK‘ers and toxic players, since they could still prevent a „heavier“ rank loss by behaving nicely and continuing to play until the match is over in case they are losing

Then people would pay to vote for them

Edit: i wrote “play” instead of “pay”

It is a small thing I see in mobas (dota, hots) but it goes a long way in my enjoyment of the game. Even if people do not say anything during the game, getting a few votes actually feels like a “thank you” or an acknowledgement of something good I did which is why I do not think we would need any more rewards.

Two things required to make it work:

1. You cannot vote for yourself.
  2. Players must be made to cast a vote, otherwise there would be an issue where players wouldn't vote for anyone because that would lower their chances of having more votes for themselves. So a box would need to pop up or something that wouldn't go away until they voted, to make sure everyone casts a vote.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Two things required to make it work:

1. You cannot vote for yourself.
  2. Players must be made to cast a vote, otherwise there would be an issue where players wouldn't vote for anyone because that would lower their chances of having more votes for themselves. So a box would need to pop up or something that wouldn't go away until they voted, to make sure everyone casts a vote.

Basically similar what LoL has. Why not.

@snoow.1694 said:Title is self-explanatory - it would be nice, if we were able to vote about who „carried“ the game after a ranked match is over. What I mean by „carried“ doesn’t necessarily mean playing the best, but also being nice towards your team mates during matches. It could maybe even help against the toxicity, since no one would vote for someone who flames the chat.

I would suggest adding some form of small reward to it like a few more pips, a Potion of PvP Reward or even an achievement + title if you manage to become „Player of the Match“ a thousand times.

This is a great idea! Its something that players like me would enjoy and will indeed help tone down the toxicity a bit but for bot users it means nothing so.......the answer is no, we wont be getting this vote system.Majority wins.