Currencies

medivh.4725

Crystalline ore is not a currency, its a crafting material. It just happens to be used as a currency too. Its not unusual.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ore

Reclaimed Metal PlateSalvaged from Reclaimed weapons.

Rare salvage from Fine (1%) and Masterwork (3%) variants.100% salvage from Rare variant.

So you if you feel lucky, buy a ton of blue and green reclaimed weapons to salvage. Or buying yellow reclaimed weapons for 100% chance.

Dragon Stand map is so quiet so dead. Could Anet plan more events in there? I can't seem to get what I need out of that map. It feels like a bottle neck. A quick fix is to come in with more ways to get those currencies I descripted. Dragon Stand is nice map, but too bad only 1 meta.

@medivh.4725 said:Dragon Fall map is so quiet so dead. Could Anet plan more events in there? I can't seem to get what I need out of that map. It feels like a bottle neck. A quick fix is to come in with more ways to get those currencies I descripted. Dragon Fall is nice map, but too bad only 1 meta.

Theres absolutely no need to do more ways to get currencies. You can get the reclaimed weapons from tp. You need to do the gerent meta for the eggs, its not something you are supposed to rush.Finally, for ls3 and 4, they change daily which one that is active and gives a lot of treasure boxes on said day. IT will be those days where people streams to it.Anet changed it as people felt forced to do every single zone meta.Besides its been years since both was launched and people havent had issues with it.

@medivh.4725 said:Dragon Fall map is so quiet so dead. Could Anet plan more events in there? I can't seem to get what I need out of that map. It feels like a bottle neck. A quick fix is to come in with more ways to get those currencies I descripted. Dragon Fall is nice map, but too bad only 1 meta.

You mean dragon FALL, or Dragon STAND there?

Because Dragon FALL atm is far from dead as it is no1 gold farm at the moment of writing this post.

Dragon STAND on another hand is a map with very long meta, on which I didn't set foot in ages so can't say wether or not it's dead or not....

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Because Dragon FALL atm is far from dead as it is no1 gold farm at the moment of writing this post.

Dragon STAND on another hand is a map with very long meta, on which I didn't set foot in ages so can't say wether or not it's dead or not....About a month ago, when I needed some crystalline ore, Dragon's Stand was fine too. I'd be surprised if It's dead now. It's a zone where you have to arrive just before the meta starts, or it will look dead.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Dragon STAND on another hand is a map with very long meta, on which I didn't set foot in ages so can't say wether or not it's dead or not....About a month ago, when I needed some crystalline ore, Dragon's Stand was fine too. I'd be surprised if It's dead now. It's a zone where you have to arrive just before the meta starts, or it will look dead.

Dragon Stand, My mistake I kept mixing the 2 up.I revisit DS and parked at DS. Managed a full DS meta with twice 200% participation after slaying dragon and before meeting the dragon. No Reclaimed Metal Plate.I used yellow savage on Reclaimed Weapons as well, no luck with Reclaimed Metal Plate. I'll try LucianDK.8615 suggested method.

Opening 'Commando Crate' award enough Crystalline Ore for now.

The reclaimed plates are very very rare from blue and green weapons. Can't remember exactly my experience all those years ago, but I seem to remember it being 1/50 - 1/100. As someone who completed the machined weapon set back then, it was just not worth buying greens or blues and I probably got no more than 5 from that source when farming the maps to death.

But, as said before there is a 100% chance to get from the rare weapons. These drop with reasonable regularity (and I think almost exclusively) from open world chests in all of Heart of Thorns. Back then I'd do a "chest run" most days, farming about 20 chests and would get a rare weapon maybe every other day on average.

But, that was worth doing because the rare weapons were really pricey on the TP at the time. Unless you are really short of gold, or just like to do everything 'legit:, without the TP, these days I'd just buy the rare weapons!

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Crystalline ore is not a currency, its a crafting material. It just happens to be used as a currency too. Its not unusual.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ore

Reclaimed Metal PlateSalvaged from Reclaimed weapons.

Rare salvage from Fine (1%) and Masterwork (3%) variants.100% salvage from Rare variant.

So you if you feel lucky, buy a ton of blue and green reclaimed weapons to salvage. Or buying yellow reclaimed weapons for 100% chance.

Rare variant salvage worked, but at half gold per piece. Well least that got me my Reclaimeed Metal plates

@medivh.4725 said:

Dragon Stand, My mistake I kept mixing the 2 up.I revisit DS and parked at DS. Managed a full DS meta with twice 200% participation after slaying dragon and before meeting the dragon. No Reclaimed Metal Plate.I used yellow savage on Reclaimed Weapons as well, no luck with Reclaimed Metal Plate. I'll try LucianDK.8615 suggested method.

For Dragons Stand you need to be aware of the timers. New maps launches at set intervals. So if you come trying to join one in progress, you will most likely fail and be dumped in an empty map as the active one would be at max capacity.http://jsfiddle.net/dulfy/q2wfdbnn/embedded/result/#Result

Groups usually gather near the end of a round in the map. As well look for groups in lfg. Youd have to be fast before they fill up.

@medivh.4725 said:

Did you check LFG for groups doing Dragon Stand? Sometimes you need to find a group doing a map, go to that map and then join squad (or from LFG). Click on squad leader, if you can see he/she and then use the move to same instance option. One map might not have full population and another might have a progression in DS meta, so you need to check if there is an ongoing meta train doing this from LFG to get into that instance.

I have over 1700 eternal ice shards and close to 1000 of hatched chilis in the bank and nothing to do with them. Maybe I have no interest in the weapon crafting. Maybe I want to spend them but I do not want to blow through karma, gold, and anything else required by the vendors for any items. The lease ANET can do is make yet another eater like the many for bloodstone dust and the like. Almost 7 years playing this game and it never felt right destroying entire stacks of stuff like this just to gain a space for something else. You folks are too busy trying to sell skins and minis it seems sometimes. I don't go to zones like Bjora Marches or Grothmar anymore.

Hey, while I am whining about my storage issues, let's add something else in the mix. I want Jeeves. Most people that came from WoW know Jeeves and I am sure ANET people played WoW too and know it. Selling us salvage things that also cost to use is BS, compared to fun things like Jeeves. And how about a mount one can construct like a motorcycle? Since the Skyscale cannot seem to stay in the air for some reason, how about a copter or something like that? And they should be made from parts anyone can easily obtain. Meaning, not everyone does fractals, dungeons, and raids. Hey, if you are going to pile me up with stuff from the open world, I should be able to craft cool stuff from it.

@"Bwembo.8531" said:I have over 1700 eternal ice shards and close to 1000 of hatched chilis in the bank and nothing to do with them. Maybe I have no interest in the weapon crafting. Maybe I want to spend them but I do not want to blow through karma, gold, and anything else required by the vendors for any items. The lease ANET can do is make yet another eater like the many for bloodstone dust and the like. Almost 7 years playing this game and it never felt right destroying entire stacks of stuff like this just to gain a space for something else. You folks are too busy trying to sell skins and minis it seems sometimes. I don't go to zones like Bjora Marches or Grothmar anymore.

Hey, while I am whining about my storage issues, let's add something else in the mix. I want Jeeves. Most people that came from WoW know Jeeves and I am sure ANET people played WoW too and know it. Selling us salvage things that also cost to use is BS, compared to fun things like Jeeves. And how about a mount one can construct like a motorcycle? Since the Skyscale cannot seem to stay in the air for some reason, how about a copter or something like that? And they should be made from parts anyone can easily obtain. Meaning, not everyone does fractals, dungeons, and raids. Hey, if you are going to pile me up with stuff from the open world, I should be able to craft cool stuff from it.

Already possible mate.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Bank_Access_Expresshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Repair_Canisterhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_Merchant_Express

Then you only need to buy 3 account wide slots to put them in and you got your Jeeves

farm chack stuff, u do pre-events, on lanes, after a lane is complete the pods spawn more, u can farm near 100 before-meta. is better than DS.

theres 4 "lanes" a surface side, where the "lane meta" ocurrs, and under side, use most for gerent meta. the 1hr pre-meta u use to complete these lanes runs. when complete, the "under side"(the area for gerent meta) spawn more chak pods, u spend ur keys theres.

@"Linken.6345" said:

Already possible mate.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Bank_Access_Expresshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Repair_Canisterhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_Merchant_Express

Then you only need to buy 3 account wide slots to put them in and you got your Jeeves

Looks like you are missing the point mate.

Already have a bunch of the non-permanent ones and they are not constructed but purchased. Not everyone likes to buy things like that. And they take up multiple bag slots unless you make yet more purchase with shared slots like you said.

It may not always be the functionality of an item making it desirable but the fun of constructing and owning something like that. I guess similar to why people make or buy legendary gear when ascended gear is much faster to make and easier with the same stats. I have mounts too but a motorcycle would be cool. Instead they made a mini to sell (Mini TT6-B Devourer).

@Bwembo.8531 said:I have over 1700 eternal ice shards and close to 1000 of hatched chilis in the bank and nothing to do with them. Maybe I have no interest in the weapon crafting. Maybe I want to spend them but I do not want to blow through karma, gold, and anything else required by the vendors for any items. The lease ANET can do is make yet another eater like the many for bloodstone dust and the like. Almost 7 years playing this game and it never felt right destroying entire stacks of stuff like this just to gain a space for something else. You folks are too busy trying to sell skins and minis it seems sometimes. I don't go to zones like Bjora Marches or Grothmar anymore.

Eternal ice can be turned into S4 currencies (which leads to leather/trophy crates via volatile magic), it's hatched chilis that are the problem. And now the original LW5 design team have left, any plans to make the chilis useful at the end will have left with them.

Not to mention that WoW was far worse for QoL and killjoy hotfixes than GW2 ever was...yet they still had cool stuff like Jeeves, the 2-seater bike, the yak with vendors and the flying mecha that can herb while mounted. The trouble here is that the mounts are split into different types with different skills (unlike WoW), so it would be tricky to implement stuff like the engineering mounts with special properties.

@Bwembo.8531 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:

Already possible mate.

Looks like you are missing the point mate.

Already have a bunch of the non-permanent ones and they are not constructed but purchased. Not everyone likes to buy things like that. And they take up multiple bag slots unless you make yet more purchase with shared slots like you said.

It may not always be the functionality of an item making it desirable but the fun of constructing and owning something like that. I guess similar to why people make or buy legendary gear when ascended gear is much faster to make and easier with the same stats. I have mounts too but a motorcycle would be cool. Instead they made a mini to sell (Mini TT6-B Devourer).

We got a bike too

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Synergetics_Gyrocycle_Roller_Beetle_Skin

@Nazarick.9653 said:

@Bwembo.8531 said:I have over 1700 eternal ice shards and close to 1000 of hatched chilis in the bank and nothing to do with them. Maybe I have no interest in the weapon crafting. Maybe I want to spend them but I do not want to blow through karma, gold, and anything else required by the vendors for any items. The lease ANET can do is make yet another eater like the many for bloodstone dust and the like. Almost 7 years playing this game and it never felt right destroying entire stacks of stuff like this just to gain a space for something else. You folks are too busy trying to sell skins and minis it seems sometimes. I don't go to zones like Bjora Marches or Grothmar anymore.

Eternal ice can be turned into S4 currencies (which leads to leather/trophy crates via volatile magic), it's hatched chilis that are the problem. And now the original LW5 design team have left, any plans to make the chilis useful at the end will have left with them.

Not to mention that WoW was far worse for QoL and killjoy hotfixes than GW2 ever was...yet they still had cool stuff like Jeeves, the 2-seater bike, the yak with vendors and the flying mecha that can herb while mounted. The trouble here is that the mounts are split into different types with different skills (unlike WoW), so it would be tricky to implement stuff like the engineering mounts with special properties.

I forgot about the hatched chilis but I have a couple less stacks of those. The eternal ice is my bigger stockpile. That can be a fun zone, apparently. But still to spend takes karma, gold, or other as well as the eternal ice. An eater might be good for that. You never know what to expect in return from those thingi.

And as far as WoW, I played that about 6 years and going on 7 for Guild Wars 2. GW2 is definitely a step up and does not have problems like WoW as far as loot and farming, for example.

As mentioned above, the karma merchant in Bjora and Eye of the North will convert eternal ice to a S4 currency of your choice, which can then be consumed to get volatile magic. Does require karma too, but I'd guess almost all with a lot of eternal ice have more karma than they know what to do with!

Volatile Magic is easy to convert to gold by buying a shipment crate (leather and trophy shipments best currently).