Oh no...it's a choya stampede! - [Merged]

@Jables.4659 said:

Nope, The joy is going to WvW as well. There is even a task to conquir the biggest thing in the mist war while under the influence of the tonic!!

I understand that its currently usable in WvW and that there is an achievement tied to it, what I was saying is that I'm all for the tonic being a permanent part of the game as long as it isn't permanent in WvW.

There's an achievement? Is it the one you immediatly get when talking to the NPC in Lion's Arch or a different one?

whats an honor "SYSTEM"? does it mean if you dont do cm fractals and do some other fractals with choya tonic and speak to the choya sage, the system tracks internally you're dishonorable? and that might be used in future content somewhere and this is some kinda another new version of the shadowstone "anomalous appearances" achi?

@"Crystal Paladin.3871" said:whats an honor "SYSTEM"? does it mean if you dont do cm fractals and do some other fractals with choya tonic and speak to the choya sage, the system tracks internally you're dishonorable? and that might be used in future content somewhere and this is some kinda another new version of the shadowstone "anomalous appearances" achi?

You think too much, it's just a line put for flavour, nothing more.

@"Crystal Paladin.3871" said:whats an honor "SYSTEM"? does it mean if you dont do cm fractals and do some other fractals with choya tonic and speak to the choya sage, the system tracks internally you're dishonorable? and that might be used in future content somewhere and this is some kinda another new version of the shadowstone "anomalous appearances" achi?

I'm not sure what specifically it means here as I haven't logged in yet, but in general terms an honour system is something you're expected to do (because it would be dishonourable not to) but no one is actually enforcing it - like when someone leaves items for sale and a box to put the money in on an unattended stall - the sign might say it's on the honour system, meaning they trust you to pay for anything you take but no one will actually know it was you if you don't.

In this case I assume it means you don't actually have to do the achievements and can still claim whatever rewards are available just by talking to the NPC again. I've heard that one of them is to conquer Stonemist Castle in WvW (the hardest location to capture) so my guess is Anet wanted to put in a bunch of things which would be crazy to do as a choya but didn't want anyone to feel they're going to miss out because of the short time limit and difficult achievements.

I'm so glad to see these kind of April Fools jokes back after several years of none. It seems Anet did well since it is a tonic that can be turned off and on. This way it does not really affect people that don't like things like the old jokes. I personally love it and it really made my day. I'll join others and say I hope this is can be made into a version that works after April 1. It's so funny and awesome. I took screen shots for the first time in a long time using the tonic. Thanks for doing this great work!

I call this picture, "Let me give you a hand of applause." =)

X9ExxE7.jpg

• ArenaNet Staff

Just to be super clear, this has no effect anywhere for any purpose, other than "you can ~~lie to ~~ play an April Fool's trick on the sage if you want".

@xMooseHDx.2457 said:Please make it available for the players after today - and don't change/fix anything about it. It's the probably one of the best things released into this game right now and it sparks MASSIVE joy.

This post was made before the article linked in the OP was published, but I'm going to borrow it to make sure there is no confusion: This tonic works until April 6. It's mentioned in the article along with other information about how the tonic works, and there's a countdown timer in game showing the time left.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:This post was made before the article linked in the OP was published, but I'm going to borrow it to make sure there is no confusion: This tonic works until April 6. It's mentioned in the article along with other information about how the tonic works, and there's a countdown timer in game showing the time left.Would it be possible to let it work even after that date?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:This post was made before the article linked in the OP was published, but I'm going to borrow it to make sure there is no confusion: This tonic works until April 6. It's mentioned in the article along with other information about how the tonic works, and there's a countdown timer in game showing the time left.Would it be possible to let it work even after that date?

This. I'd buy it from the gem store.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

Would it be possible to let it work even after that date?This. I'd buy it from the gem store.

Please no. There are other Choya tonics already available in the game, and fortunately they are just for fun and cannot be used in combat.

Well I like it and would use it as a combat tonic like the other combat tonics. It isn't like you would be forced to buy it and use it. Or do you have something against Choya as opposed to the other combat tonics? :p

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Just to be super clear, this has no effect anywhere for any purpose, other than "you can ~~lie to ~~ play an April Fool's trick on the sage if you want".

@xMooseHDx.2457 said:Please make it available for the players after today - and don't change/fix anything about it. It's the probably one of the best things released into this game right now and it sparks MASSIVE joy.

This post was made before the article linked in the OP was published, but I'm going to borrow it to make sure there is no confusion: This tonic works until April 6. It's mentioned in the article along with other information about how the tonic works, and there's a countdown timer in game showing the time left.

The post is inaccurate regarding Novelties...unless they have changed it since last night.All of us 'Choya' were using kites last night; not sure which other Novelties might work.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Would it be possible to let it work even after that date?This. I'd buy it from the gem store.

Please no. There are other Choya tonics already available in the game, and fortunately they are just for fun and cannot be used in combat.

Please yes. Though, make it an in-game reward rather than a purchase from the Gem Store. It would make a great Meta Achievement reward. :mrgreen:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

Please yes.

I agree, it's fun - but I would not want to see this being permanently useable in WvW. Hence my previous "Please no." ;)

It would make a great Meta Achievement reward. :mrgreen:

:+1:

I like the touch that the achievements don't give exact objectives. I decided the largest WvW objective I could capture was a camp, the hardest Fractal I could do was 1 and the most dragon minions I could kill was whatever I got today. :)

(I was tempted to actually go for Stonemist, but my server already has it and is determined not to let it go and I don't have that much time.)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm not able to log in yet, but it sounds like I've got a lot of interesting stuff to check out when I do. :)

I'm glad they re-enabled the cat tonic from last year as well as adding this new one.

Just an FYI, the 'cat tonic' has been enabled for the last week. (It was in the last Patch Notes.)

Oh I didn't realise! Thanks for letting me know.