Why are you closing maps with more than 40 people finishing a meta-train?

@VictorLeal.4102 said:

@WindBlade.8749 said:Map can close when there are a huge leave of players population, so yea, when meta finish most map get closed.

But he started to close in the middle of the meta with 45-50 players so what you said doesn’t make sense

from what i see in your screenshot, you're at the very end of dragonfall, a lot of people already left because they can't open the last chests because they don't have enough keys, even if you're in a group there is a lot of people that are not in this map and not in your group.

Map also automaticly close after a timer to avoid bugs related to maps being open for too long.

@WindBlade.8749 said:

@WindBlade.8749 said:Map can close when there are a huge leave of players population, so yea, when meta finish most map get closed.

But he started to close in the middle of the meta with 45-50 players so what you said doesn’t make sense

from what i see in your screenshot, you're at the very end of dragonfall, a lot of people already left because they can't open the last chests because they don't have enough keys, even if you're in a group there is a lot of people that are not in this map and not in your group.

Map also automaticly close after a timer to avoid bugs related to maps being open for too long.

1 minute for the map to close, that is 59 minutes with the warning in the middle of a meta-train full of people. Do you still think this is right?

The map had to be closed when there were not enough people and the meta was not very advanced or at the end (post-champ train).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You know, you don't have to leave a map that has that option. You can stay for an hour or so, after the pop-up appears.

Unless, of course, the map has an automatic close and reset like Dragon Stand, etc.

My friend, the map closes full of players and prevents you from catching the champion loot at the end of Dragonfall. Why do we spend 2 hours making a meta-train for the map to close at the end?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You know, you don't have to leave a map that has that option. You can stay for an hour or so, after the pop-up appears.

If you look at his screenshot, it's very clear the map only has 1m before it actually closes. The 1hr warning was 59 mins previously, which would have been before the final stage of the meta.

My understanding (90% confidence!) is that once a map is scheduled to close it WILL close 1hr later, whatever the population at that time. There is no way to cancel it. So my guess is this was a low pop map that had already scheduled to close when someone put it in lfg, probably just prior to the final phase. The map then filled up, but it still had to close.

It would be good if Anet had a way to cancel closure when this happens. A poor 2nd would be if Anet prevented maps being advertised in lfg when they are marked for closure. Surely it makes no sense to be rewarding one set of players as they leave the map while accepting a whole blob full of others players via lfg, unless the blob is able to 'save' the map.

That is not really the problem, though. That's what happens next:

• V1 gets marked for closure
  • V1 gets to final meta and those remaining advertise on lfg
  • V1 fills up but is still marked for closure, with insufficient time to do the final bosses
  • Now all those who stuck with the map and those who joined via lfg are screwed!

@Jong.5937 said:

If you look at his screenshot, it's very clear the map only has 1m before it actually closes. The 1hr warning was 59 mins previously, which would have been before the final stage of the meta.

My understanding (90% confidence!) is that once a map is scheduled to close it WILL close 1hr later, whatever the population at that time. There is no way to cancel it. So my guess is this was a low pop map that had already scheduled to close when someone put it in lfg, probably just prior to the final phase. The map then filled up, but it still had to close.

It would be good if Anet had a way to cancel closure when this happens. A poor 2nd would be if Anet prevented maps being advertised in lfg when they are marked for closure. Surely it makes no sense to be rewarding one set of players as they leave the map while accepting a whole blob full of others players via lfg, unless the blob is able to 'save' the map.

While I'd agree with you that it is unlikely to not-close, I have had it happen on the same map (!?) that I got the warning and the warning disappeared less than a minute later.

I think what we need here is a big look at specifically this zone what the kitten is going on with closing maps in progress.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Was there a reason why they didn't just skip doing megaservers and instead create a perma instance for each map that spawned overflows like the older system? Pretty much the same system as the original one but the player server element is removed.

What you describe pretty much is the new system. Well maybe there is no one perma instance but I'm not sure that matters. The difference with "mega"servers is they combine people from all of our home servers instead of having different instances of each map depending on your home server and, I think, that definitely is an improvement.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You know, you don't have to leave a map that has that option. You can stay for an hour or so, after the pop-up appears.

I'll add my complaint here instead of creating a new thread:

What really bugs me is if you ignore this pop-up, click "Later" to minimize it, the little icon above mini-map disappears after a while. Now you have neither the option to change map instance (without logging out and in again at least) nor do you have a timer for when this map instance will close. Nearly got killed a few minutes ago while passing a horde of mobs on my skyscale when suddenly I was thrown into a new map instance - amidst said horde of mobs...

@"yoguil.7320" said:What really bugs me is if you ignore this pop-up, click "Later" to minimize it, the little icon above mini-map disappears after a while.

As said, sometimes the map is unmarked as closing and the arrow above the mini-map disappears too. I've never seen a map close without the warning remaining until it does close. I have had a map close timer run down to zero and not get kicked, but it is rare. When that happens no one can join to you on that map.( I do farming in gendarran every day grabbing the extra maps, so I see the closing option often )