Again with the US only Gem Sale? - [Merged]

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:(DE)https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01NADDQJH/https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00935B4O4/https://www.amazon.de/dp/B009AYOFI0/

All with zero stock. And this has been the case for some time. Please allow people from the EU to take advantage of this sale and restock the gem cards for the EU. All official retailers have been out of stock on these for more than two years and unofficial retailers ask extraordinary prices. At the same time, many players are dependent on gem cards because of various problems with the DigitalRiver in-game gem shop.

The US also lacks physical stock on the Amazon store, but the Germany store looks even worse. Scratch having a promotion! Where's your digital key pages? The US store has pages where Amazon directly hand you a key upon purchase digitally. You guys don't even seem to have the ability to buy the game itself that way.

Here are the US pages as an example:https://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Gems-2000-Online/dp/B08R21J9P7/https://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Path-Fire-Online/dp/B074KLPK3R/https://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Digital-Deluxe-Online/dp/B074MJG6ZF/

Edit: I suppose this is another discussion entirely, though. Maybe it deserves it's own thread.

• ArenaNet Staff

We understand the frustration from players who aren't able to take advantage of this promotion, and we want to let you know that a similar promotion for players outside the US is coming soon. We always make an effort to offer special promotions to as many players as we can, and will continue to bring opportunities to our community outside the US.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We understand the frustration from players who aren't able to take advantage of this promotion, and we want to let you know that a similar promotion for players outside the US is coming soon. We always make an effort to offer special promotions to as many players as we can, and will continue to bring opportunities to our community outside the US.

Nice to hear that. Thanks! Especially for the players who are unable to buy gems in the in-game store for various reasons.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We understand the frustration from players who aren't able to take advantage of this promotion, and we want to let you know that a similar promotion for players outside the US is coming soon. We always make an effort to offer special promotions to as many players as we can, and will continue to bring opportunities to our community outside the US.

Thanks from a french player.

Waiting for this ??

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:We understand the frustration from players who aren't able to take advantage of this promotion, and we want to let you know that a similar promotion for players outside the US is coming soon. We always make an effort to offer special promotions to as many players as we can, and will continue to bring opportunities to our community outside the US.

I was hoping to purchase the choya tools with the gem discount. how soon is "soon" will it be soon enough for me to purchase the choya tools?

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:We understand the frustration from players who aren't able to take advantage of this promotion, and we want to let you know that a similar promotion for players outside the US is coming soon. We always make an effort to offer special promotions to as many players as we can, and will continue to bring opportunities to our community outside the US.Sorry, but then why is this promotion offered not only in the North American client but in all of them?First of all, when I follow the link on Amazon, I get the message:"Note: Currently this product is only available for customers in Germany and Austria."

But if I then want to order, then just comes the information that some items are no longer available.

I can not remember a promotion with discounts on gemstones in Germany.

The discounts on the game versions you could, as always, handle through your own store, why is not done? Acquaintances wanted to strike this weekend.

Above all, be sure to clarify your mistake with the promotion on the German site, forum and social media.

It just feels like its So bad for business to have the promotion only for the US, even tho EU has a massive playerbase as well.. And compared to individual niche convenience items going on sale (which you can get for ingame gold anyway), these are gems we're talking about... And the rare event that they actually go on sale? People WILL buy it.

@linck.5430 said:has any1 outside the US try buying 1 before? they just send u a code why cant i buy it?

I tried, and it would let me add it to my basket, but then when I went to pay it kept saying the item was unavailable. (This was before the sale, when they were definitely still in stock.)

I've bought things from US Amazon before, even physical products that have to be shipped and it was just like buying from Amazon UK, but with the taxes suddenly appearing part way through and vastly more expensive postage costs. I'm not sure why it doesn't let you buy gem cards, but it's not working.

I appreciate ANET popping into the thread to let us know that there will be future promotions that are more inclusive to global players. I understand that regional laws can make providing discounts or sales to all regions a challenge, and that there will be limitations from time to time. My original complaint was that the article didn't state it was US only, and as we have seen on the forum and on Twitter many people were confused about if their region would be included. This does lead into the secondary complaint of being in a region where the promo is not available, but I do understand that there can be limitations (such as the reseller driving the sale not ANET).

Again, thanks for confirming that there will be future promotions that include more/all of the playerbase. I find it a lot easier to spend real dollars on GW2 when I feel I am getting a deal.

mungo your complaint is very warranted. arena net's marketing department made a mistake in the post. it's fine to make mistakes, that's how we all learn... all they needed to do was edit the post before the sale started to say "Edit: This sale is only available to U.S. residents, sorry for the inconvenience". If they had done that they would have earned points for listening to the community and everyone would have understood... except for the people that complain no matter what and there is no pleasing them.

The interesting point is that by letting this lay, they created negative press that was 100% avoidable from people reading the post on April 2nd, going to amazon, and being disappointed. Marketing really phoned it in on this one. which is fine so long as they learn that the best way to put out a fire is to not light it in the first place.

Edit: fixed a couple typos

@jediwolf.8724 said:Gems cards on Amazon Canada are 90 bucks. Only two available. Not sure what the prices is in other places.I think we all should get the discount through the gem store. Anet didn't learn from the last time.Maybe they didn't see the posts about it on there forum or they don't seem to care.Remember this when they want full price for the next expansion. Maybe I will wait for a deal on it after they launch it.

3rd party sellers ripping people off. It's a big problem at Amazon.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:The problem with selling things in a world economy is that you (ANet) are subject to trade laws, agreements, and restrictions that limit what they can and cannot do. It's not like some ANet employee is flipping a switch locking out non-US markets.

This isn't like lithium batteries or other physical items that have shipping restrictions due to hazards, or have to be screened at the border, etc. My country has GST on imports, and organisations like PayPal and Amazon are set up to handle this. They are literally selling the item on Amazon....

@jediwolf.8724 said:Gems cards on Amazon Canada are 90 bucks. Only two available. Not sure what the prices is in other places.I think we all should get the discount through the gem store. Anet didn't learn from the last time.Maybe they didn't see the posts about it on there forum or they don't seem to care.Remember this when they want full price for the next expansion. Maybe I will wait for a deal on it after they launch it.

they have bin there for years i never seen cards sold in Canada besides this rip off and i got the game day 1