Legendary trinkets

We already have access to a full set of trinkets. I would prefer a legendary for a new slot, either a legendary aquabreather or infusion. What I think would be cool would be a legendary infusion whos cosmetic effect gives the blue and red dragon essence hand particle effects from drms. Or seperate that effect into two infusions.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:We already have access to a full set of trinkets. I would prefer a legendary for a new slot, either a legendary aquabreather or infusion. What I think would be cool would be a legendary infusion whos cosmetic effect gives the blue and red dragon essence hand particle effects from drms. Or seperate that effect into two infusions.

Yes i see No reason for more legendary trinkets but legendary infusion will make more sense

Well I have no drive to obtain the current ones. The effects are just cluttery bright balls that follow you around and as someone migraine prone it's not of interest and the affix swapping isn't too useful since I have plenty of ascended ones from LS. The game already has too much visual noise lighting and I dunno if they'd shy away from that and find something more unique. Probably not going to be more for a long time unless they rush out another of the same thing and wouldn't want one because that's what they have to offer.

Personally, I crave more casual and realistic things in this game at this point, like the tshirt armor skin, shorts, sandals, stuff like the legendary tiger from Chuka that stays on your back, the parrotdragon-thing from Xiuquatl and so on. Not RGB lights and bodies made of seizure inducing auras.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:We already have access to a full set of trinkets. I would prefer a legendary for a new slot, either a legendary aquabreather or infusion. What I think would be cool would be a legendary infusion whos cosmetic effect gives the blue and red dragon essence hand particle effects from drms. Or seperate that effect into two infusions.

So for you completing the set is not as important as filling all slots?

@yann.1946 said:

What do you mean by that? What set? Every slot has a legendary except the aquabreather. All trinkets, armors, backpack and weapons.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

What do you mean by that? What set? Every slot has a legendary except the aquabreather. All trinkets, armors, backpack and weapons.

i meant the visual set of trinkets which upgrade the aesthetic. Coalescence ,vision and aurora. It seems weird that we don't have at least on more ring to upgrade the visual.

@yann.1946 said:

i meant the visual set of trinkets which upgrade the aesthetic. Coalescence ,vision and aurora. It seems weird that we don't have at least on more ring to upgrade the visual.

We already have this, we have 3 orbs, the center orb for pve, the left orb for pvp, and the right orb for wvw, the 3 main gamemodes. Now if they wanted to add a t2 versions for the 3 pve trinkets to upgrade the effects, i would be ok with it. Currently i like that the current system promotes playing all 3 pillars of the game to get the full effect. Having full legendaries should mean you play all content.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

We already have this, we have 3 orbs, the center orb for pve, the left orb for pvp, and the right orb for wvw, the 3 main gamemodes. Now if they wanted to add a t2 versions for the 3 pve trinkets to upgrade the effects, i would be ok with it. Currently i like that the current system promotes playing all 3 pillars of the game to get the full effect. Having full legendaries should mean you play all content.

I also like theidea that you need to play all modes to get the full set,

but you can't claim that the PvP, wvw trinkets are part of the pve set in aesthetic, or the fact that you can't use the wvw trinket to get the same effect as one pve one

@yann.1946 said:

Ah that! But isn't the set complete with 3? As far as i know they didn't imply the set was incomplete and that another one would be coming. Especially since every trinket slot has a legendary available.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Ah that! But isn't the set complete with 3? As far as i know they didn't imply the set was incomplete and that another one would be coming. Especially since every trinket slot has a legendary available.

While it is true, i personally feel that it's incomplete without atleast a second ring.. The visual seems incomplete in my opinion.

Tbh I would have been happy if the PvP and wvw trinkets would have added to the set, but they didnt really do that

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Having full legendaries should mean you play all content.

Why? (Ugh, why is there some stupid minimum character limit all of a sudden?)

Probably because if something is "legendary", that means that, to get it, you have mastered all game modes.If you want to fully gear your character with legendaries, you have to do just that.

I'm not sure if they should do a new legendary trinket slot. I do think they should get rid of the 20 tournament victories achievement, because it discourages people from even starting to PvP for the rest of the achievements. If it is only used to just reward high end PvP players, instead of to encourage players to try out PvP, then perhaps they should introduce another amulet into the game. They did this with WvW armor after they introduced raiding armor.

If it is IBS related then the it would probably require doing DRMs and I don't think I can drag myself though enough of those to make a legendary.

@Quench.7091 said:I'm not sure if they should do a new legendary trinket slot. I do think they should get rid of the 20 tournament victories achievement, because it discourages people from even starting to PvP for the rest of the achievements. If it is only used to just reward high end PvP players, instead of to encourage players to try out PvP, then perhaps they should introduce another amulet into the game. They did this with WvW armor after they introduced raiding armor.

the tournament match victories are only needed for the extra cosmetics20 match victories means making it through the first round 20 times not winning tournaments 20 times. Those are very big differences.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Having full legendaries should mean you play all content.

Probably because if something is "legendary", that means that, to get it, you have mastered all game modes.If you want to fully gear your character with legendaries, you have to do just that.

It's not much of a "legendary journey" if you zerg every challenge. Would make much more sense to be solo, not as an option, but as a requirement.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

It's not much of a "legendary journey" if you zerg every challenge. Would make much more sense to be solo, not as an option, but as a requirement.

What does "zerg every challange" mean in this context?This is an MMO, of course you're going to be expected to handle challanges with other players, and you do as much, if not more solo stuff on your path to a legendary so can you please explain what you meant by that?