THE TWO BUGS THAT KEEP MIRAGE FROM BEING META

Quadox.7834

maybe new to you if you just one trick mesmer and only got leap for PoF.go try warrior, all of your movement skills misses 50% of the times, because they arent blinks or 2 phased like ranger GS(rush then leaps when close enough for better targeting)nothing really new or class specific here and people cried about it for 9 years now anet did try to fix it but really, only slightly better then before..

blinks works fine, barely have any fail unless you fail to target the right spot..you probably missed the edge there.

@Lighter.5631 said:maybe new to you if you just one trick mesmer and only got leap for PoF.go try warrior, all of your movement skills misses 50% of the times, because they arent blinks or 2 phased like ranger GS(rush then leaps when close enough for better targeting)nothing really new or class specific here and people cried about it for 9 years now anet did try to fix it but really, only slightly better then before..

blinks works fine, barely have any fail unless you fail to target the right spot..you probably missed the edge there.

I am aware! It's funny because some ranger pet leaps are morr reliable than player leaps. Although, does bull's charge really miss on stationary targets who are stomping?

Blink does NOT work fine and you are delusional if you think so. It should not port you onto your target. Stop making excuses.

The first leap seems to be just out of range, curvature of terrain might cause it to "land early".The second is a 0-distance leap; at time of activation game decides it should not go any distance. So if the target moves out of range during the leap animation it will miss. I think Bull's charge has a homing part to it and is not locked into a leap per se. It's more of a "runs a path" (it cant leap over gaps).As for the blink; If you have "place aoe-markers under target" option enabled this would happen when you haven't deselected your target. I doubt anyone uses that option, but if any did I suppose GS mesmer might. If this is your footage you would know if its on or not. If it was off, then yeah teleports are sometimes wonky!

@"Markri.9475" said:The first leap seems to be just out of range, curvature of terrain might cause it to "land early".Not according to the range indicator under sword 3 (600 range).The second is a 0-distance leap; at time of activation game decides it should not go any distance. So if the target moves out of range during the leap animation it will miss. I think Bull's charge has a homing part to it and is not locked into a leap per se. It's more of a "runs a path" (it cant leap over gaps).

Yes, you can come up with all kinds of excuses but at the end of the day anet should increase the hitbox of the leap attack or do some other tweak to make it more reliable.

As for the blink; If you have "place aoe-markers under target" option enabled this would happen when you haven't deselected your target. I doubt anyone uses that option, but if any did I suppose GS mesmer might. If this is your footage you would know if its on or not. If it was off, then yeah teleports are sometimes wonky!

1. I don't have that enabled.
  2. "Snap ground target" option doesn't work for blink or jaunt anyway.

I do think it is a possibilty that the blink bug might have been introduced when they added the snap ground target option for spaghetti code reasons.

@Quadox.7834after 2100 games on mesmer I never, not once had my blink teleport to an enemy instead off a place I targeted the blink.But instead it just blinks in place, or 1 step behind me, might be some different settings lul.

@Lighter.5631I tried warrior, not much but people overblow the issue with the warrior, for example I never had any of dagger jumps, shield jump or bulls bug on me, which are the important ones. Dash sucks tho.Difference is, when mesmer uses sword leap it NEEDS to land, you are aiming to rupt something important, and bug deprives you and loses you entire fight.

I remember going to drizzlewood coast spawn, and just jumping onto chikens in the spawn area from random angles, 40% of my leaps missed unmoving target, thats how bad it is.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Quadox.7834after 2100 games on mesmer I never, not once had my blink teleport to an enemy instead off a place I targeted the blink.But instead it just blinks in place, or 1 step behind me, might be some different settings lul.

@Lighter.5631I tried warrior, not much but people overblow the issue with the warrior, for example I never had any of dagger jumps, shield jump or bulls bug on me, which are the important ones. Dash sucks tho.Difference is, when mesmer uses sword leap it NEEDS to land, you are aiming to rupt something important, and bug deprives you and loses you entire fight.

I remember going to drizzlewood coast spawn, and just jumping onto chikens in the spawn area from random angles, 40% of my leaps missed unmoving target, thats how bad it is.The mesmer sword uses the same animation as Savage leap on warrior so I think it uses the same targeting where it goes to the location the target was when the cast started while some warrior skills like bull rush and shield bash got some fixes done and work like ranger GS 3 swoop that has some auto correction targeting at the end of the cast. For the dagger skills I think the breaching strike has some autotargeting and the aura slicer the 2 skill works like savage leap and hit way less even though both are at 3/4 cast time. The bugs come on the leaps when someone uses a speed boost faster then the leap or just teleport, something to do with the nedcode that predicts the positioning of people, so you sometimes can just stay on one place and flail the animation. There are some issues related with movement skills that desync on your side , thief if is the worst offender with stealth and teleports but people can't see it, the most obvious is guardian where it does the teleport in and out and back in. General expectation with leaps on warrior is that it will get you to the place you want to be to hit stuff with other attacks, if it hits its a bonus.So yeah some autotargeting at the end of the animation like Swoop would fix the issue on the mesmer sword but even though Arenanet knows the fix and how to do it they are never consistent and don't try fix it up, like they never speak to each other.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Quadox.7834after 2100 games on mesmer I never, not once had my blink teleport to an enemy instead off a place I targeted the blink.But instead it just blinks in place, or 1 step behind me, might be some different settings lul.

I remember going to drizzlewood coast spawn, and just jumping onto chikens in the spawn area from random angles, 40% of my leaps missed unmoving target, thats how bad it is.The mesmer sword uses the same animation as Savage leap on warrior so I think it uses the same targeting where it goes to the location the target was when the cast started while some warrior skills like bull rush and shield bash got some fixes done and work like ranger GS 3 swoop that has some auto correction targeting at the end of the cast. For the dagger skills I think the breaching strike has some autotargeting and the aura slicer the 2 skill works like savage leap and hit way less even though both are at 3/4 cast time. The bugs come on the leaps when someone uses a speed boost faster then the leap or just teleport, something to do with the nedcode that predicts the positioning of people, so you sometimes can just stay on one place and flail the animation. There are some issues related with movement skills that desync on your side , thief if is the worst offender with stealth and teleports but people can't see it, the most obvious is guardian where it does the teleport in and out and back in. General expectation with leaps on warrior is that it will get you to the place you want to be to hit stuff with other attacks, if it hits its a bonus.So yeah some autotargeting at the end of the animation like Swoop would fix the issue on the mesmer sword but even though Arenanet knows the fix and how to do it they are never consistent and don't try fix it up, like they never speak to each other.

it's funny to compare to ranger tiger leap, which will actually go 90 degrees around corners and hit anyway, which has made my jaw drop multiple times.

@Quadox.7834 said:

it's funny to compare to ranger tiger leap, which will actually go 90 degrees around corners and hit anyway, which has made my jaw drop multiple times.I think its because the pet is AI and they end up either pitifully dumb or heat seeking missile that you can't get off you that ends up in like 500 to 1k dot power damage . Personal opinion they should have made pets utility based since AI minion type things really clash with the action based gameplay of the game .