In WvW, which servers won NA T1 in the last year?

manu.7539

In another discussion I said that I only remember 3 NA servers (BG, SoS and HoD) that won t1 in the 4 past years. Then someone said that only in the past year DB, MAG and SBI were just some of the few others that won T1! I was so surprised that I tried to check about it but didnt found anything reliable.

So I'm asking you: Do you know where I could check? Or do you remember any other servers other than BG, SoS and HoD winning T1 in the past year?

@manu.7539 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:Check
or
?

It gets chaotic if a server is linked however.

checked that, its more than chaotic.. we won the last weeks and no medals shown, worst, it says we were 2nd 2 weeks ago but we won!

Ty anyway :)

It is confusing because it only shows Warscore, not Victory Points. Recall the archived post I sent you a link to regarding the introduction of skirmishes to the scoring system that was designed to reduce the effect of coverage and numbers. Without Victory Points, your server would have lost to SoS. IIRC the API didn't originally support Victory Points so these websites had to calculate it. It may be that the API might still not return Victory Points for historic matches, only Warscores.

Also, to answer your original question as to which servers have won in T1 in the past 4 years, just do a google search. There's usually always some guy posting on reddit or this forum a match-up like therad about how their server beat Blackgate or how Blackgate sucks.

@Chaba.5410 said:Also, to answer your original question as to which servers have won in T1 in the past 4 years, just do a google search. There's usually always some guy posting on reddit or this forum a match-up like therad about how their server beat Blackgate or how Blackgate sucks.

Ty but I googled it too. I didnt spent too much time on it coz it could get so long and with no reliability. I'm curious but not enough to waste days for it!

Lastly, you should be aware that Anet has stated in the past that they consider a host server's current rank when they decide on server linkings. This gives the effect of server linking having a great influence on how stable a server's position in rankings is. And it appears to have borne out over the years that several higher ranked host servers have had "turns" in dropping to T4 then later being linked in a way that brings them back up to their previous tiers. Seen it with SoS, Maguuma, JQ, DB, TC, my own server FA; even BG went through this. It makes match/tier outcomes even more contrived.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/first

"We used factors like the world’s current rank and population numbers to define pairings. "