Important GW2 Conquest Abbreviations/Terms

Did not see this anywhere so thought I would compile a comprehensive list for new players. Let me know if you want to know any I did not list, or think I should add anything.

Nodes and Rotation Terms,

• Control Points/Nodes- One of three contest points located throughout the map that your team most capture and hold to earn points.
  • Home/Close- The point closest to your spawn
  • Mid- The point of equal distance to both spawns
  • Far- The point closest to enemy spawn
  • Side node- would be the home and far nodes
  • Team Fight- a larger fight between the two teams usually over a control point
  • 1v1- A fight between 2 players, usually seen a lot on side nodes and sometimes between points.
  • +1/Plus- To rotate to a point currently in a team fight or one vs one and in an attempt to win the fight faster or aid a team member
  • Peel- To put pressure on the enemy via CC or damage to help a teammate escape or rotate
  • Cap- To capture a node, can only be done if no enemies are on it.
  • Contest- To stay on a node the enemy is trying to cap to deny them the cap.
  • Decap- To turn an enemy controlled node neutral by standing on it, can only be done without the enemy contesting it
  • Full Cap- To cap after achieving a decap, there can be reasons for and against this depending on the match.
  • Rotate- To go to another node.
  • Inc- Incoming, referring to rotations(usually the enemies unless stated otherwise), i.e. "Inc Mid 2" would mean two enemies incoming mid.

Combat Terms

• CC- Crowd control, this refers to any debuffs, conditions, and affects that limit your enemies ability to move or cast abilities, aka stuns, fears, chill, immob
  • Hard CC- CC that directly affects abilities
  • Soft CC- CC that affects movement usually also count as conditions
  • Condi- Conditions
  • Burst- To do a high amount of damage really fast, usually with the goal of blowing important cooldowns or evades or to generate a downed played
  • Down- Downed state
  • Stomp- To use the F ability to finish a downed player
  • AoE- Area Of Effect, usually refers to damage, any skill that affects multiple targets in an area
  • PBAoE- Player based area of affect, AoE's that only happen around the player
  • Blast- skill labeled as a blast finisher
  • Field- combo field
  • Smoke- Specifically a smoke field, when combo-d with leaps and blasts gives stealth, used a lot for stealth engages, disengages, and sometimes revives.
  • Cleave- To use damage to quickly down the downed state player, usually refers to aoe damage so to make it harder for enemies to revive as well.
  • Rez- Revive, this refers not just to the F or Interact ability but any skills that revive as well.
  • Rally- To stomp/cleave an enemy player one of your downed allies has hit, in an attempt to bring him out of downed state(Finishing an enemy player revives allies who are downed on your team that have hit said enemy)
  • Bleed/Bleed Out- To slowly kill a downed state player, a tactic often used to stagger enemy respawns.
  • Bunker- A player whose goal is to not die and focuses on sustain
  • DPS- Damage per second, can refer to doing damage or a player whose role is to do damage.
  • Support- A player who focuses on supporting their team through healing, damage mitigation, or condition clearing.
  • Roamer- A player focused on mobility
  • Side Noder- Usually also a roamer, but focused more on 1v1's and small skirmishes, as the name implies generally sticks to side nodes over focusing on the bigger team fights
  • Team Fighter- Any Role/Class/Build that is beneficial in and optimized for the team fights.

Map Specific Terms

• Bell- The side mechanic on Revenge of the Capricorn
  • Hammer/laser- The side mechanic on Skyhammer
  • still/top buff- First side mechanic of Silent Storm, Stillness.
  • tranq/bottom buff- Second side mechanic of Silent Storm, Tranquility.
  • Sword- The side mechanic on Eternal Coliseum resembling a sword.
  • Shield- The side Mechanic on Eternal Coliseum resembling a shield
  • Lamp- Side Mechanic of Djinn's Dominion
  • beast- One of the two side Mechanic creatures located an Forest Of Niflhel
  • Chief/blue beast- Chieftain Utahein, the side mechanic creature located closer to blue base on Forest of Niflhel
  • Svanir/red beast- Svanir, the side mechanic creature located closer to red base on Forest of Niflhel
  • Lord-Side Mechanic on Legacy of Foefire
  • Treb- Side mechanic on Battle of Khylo
  • Orb- Side Mechanic on Spirit Watch

Side noder can be many things and it also strongly depends on the meta. I would say whomever focuses on capturing home/far is a side noder.

On average it is a duelist/1vx centric build which could be a bunker but in some cases a more damage build that can also move and survive well and kite when they have too.

I mentioned meta which also implies per game mode and balance. In a meta as tanky as ours a dps can side node very well(necro), in a speedy meta or generally in unorganized ranked a speedy thief could also get by well.

The possibilities are kindof endless, I mentioned a few, but my point is that there way more than just roamers side noding and actually not too long ago that was super rare. It’s alittle more common now especially for ranked to have a hyper mobile power dps to side node, but that also makes a tanky build that won’t die to them very desirable at times

@RedAvenged.5217 said:Side noder can be many things and it also strongly depends on the meta. I would say whomever focuses on capturing home/far is a side noder.

On average it is a duelist/1vx centric build which could be a bunker but in some cases a more damage build that can also move and survive well and kite when they have too.

I mentioned meta which also implies per game mode and balance. In a meta as tanky as ours a dps can side node very well(necro), in a speedy meta or generally in unorganized ranked a speedy thief could also get by well.

The possibilities are kindof endless, I mentioned a few, but my point is that there way more than just roamers side noding and actually not too long ago that was super rare. It’s alittle more common now especially for ranked to have a hyper mobile power dps to side node, but that also makes a tanky build that won’t die to them very desirable at times

This is very true, I updated the description to better suite. As things like decap druid didn't fit into the description as well. Even though they are a side noder generally