Guardian get nerf...

Exile.8160

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m still going pretty strong tbh on my burn DH in G3, P1. I win most 1 on 1s.

But yeah necros are simply another level at the moment. A decent scourge or reaper carries matches alone and I have seen them solo kill 3 players in a few games recently.

@Exile.8160 said:Guardians get nerf on every count on every patch to the point where they have no good dps build (on plat lvl) yet necros are on pretty much on every match?! The biase is strong on themI see.

Pretty sure the guys who say Guard is still „fine“ are probably Gold/Silver or unranked players. Fact is Burn DH, which was already a meme build, got nerfed by over 75% which makes it utterly useless considering Burn DH had to trait full glasscanon to do that amount of damage.Offensive Power Guard has 11K HP and loses to every single other roamer in the meta, without a single favorable match-up

@Zodi.8932 said:I’m still going pretty strong tbh on my burn DH in G3, P1. I win most 1 on 1s.

But yeah necros are simply another level at the moment. A decent scourge or reaper carries matches alone and I have seen them solo kill 3 players in a few games recently.

I bet 1000 gold you would lose 1v1 against every Plat 1 Soulbeast, Core Ranger, Weaver, Reaper, Mirage, Power Herald, Condi Herald, Core Necro, Spellbreaker, Holo and Scrapper 5-95. What are you even talking about when you play practically a glasscanon in terms of traits who can‘t put on any form of pressure anymore, since they nerfed burn by 50%. They could have made Sword of Justice a one-hit skill and the problem would have been solved - instead they nerfed the whole spec into uselessness

All within one year and all nerfs after the Feb 2020 patch btw. Support Core Guard is next on that list, since after Menders will be removed Tempest with Mist Form and blink or Healbreaker with Shield 5, mobility and Full Counter spam will be more likely to survive as supports than Guardians

puXKBji.jpg

@"Avatar.3568" said:Dps guard hits hard and it's as a support still viable just scourge is now overshadowing, but without guard it's only half viable

I agree dps guard hits hard. The problem is after you use 3 or 4 skills to hit "hard" (not hard enough to get a kill most of the time) they have no follow up. On Plat level thats a death sentence for them 80% to 90% of the time.

@snoow.1694 said:

@Exile.8160 said:Guardians get nerf on every count on every patch to the point where they have no good dps build (on plat lvl) yet necros are on pretty much on every match?! The biase is strong on themI see.

Pretty sure the guys who say Guard is still „fine“ are probably Gold/Silver or unranked players. Fact is Burn DH, which was already a meme build, got nerfed by over 200% which makes it utterly useless considering Burn DH had to trait full glasscanon to do that amount of damage.Offensive Power Guard has 11K HP and loses to every single other roamer in the meta, without a single favorable match-up

explain how guard got nerfed by 200%? lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Pretty sure the guys who say Guard is still „fine“ are probably Gold/Silver or unranked players. Fact is Burn DH, which was already a meme build, got nerfed by over 200% which makes it utterly useless considering Burn DH had to trait full glasscanon to do that amount of damage.Offensive Power Guard has 11K HP and loses to every single other roamer in the meta, without a single favorable match-up

Lol sorry, I of course meant it got cut in half twice, was writing this on my phone while walking. Condition damage output is dependent on the condition duration you can apply. Burn Guard got first Permeating Wrath cut by 50% and Eternal Armory as well by 50%, as well as removing one charge from Sword of Justice making it a damage reduction for the build of >50%. Corrected it, thank you for making me aware of that

@snoow.1694 said:

Lol sorry, I of course meant it got cut in half twice, was writing this on my phone while walking. Condition damage output is dependent on the condition duration you can apply. Burn Guard got first Permeating Wrath cut by 50% and Eternal Armory as well by 50%, as well as removing one charge from Sword of Justice making it a damage reduction for the build of >75%. Corrected it, thank you for making me aware of that

thats a 50% dmg nerf my man, not even that since burn-guard relies on bursting people, and duration nerf wont prevent it.It will just make it shittier then it already is in smaller-scale fightsOver-all typical anet balance, lets gooo 50% nerf goes brzzt

@snoow.1694 said:

@Zodi.8932 said:I’m still going pretty strong tbh on my burn DH in G3, P1. I win most 1 on 1s.

I bet 1000 gold you would lose 1v1 against every Plat 1 Soulbeast, Core Ranger, Weaver, Reaper, Mirage, Power Herald, Condi Herald, Core Necro, Spellbreaker, Holo and Scrapper 5-95. What are you even talking about when you play practically a glasscanon in terms of traits who can‘t put on any form of pressure anymore, since they nerfed burn by 75%. They could have made Sword of Justice a one-hit skill and the problem would have been solved - instead they nerfed the whole spec into uselessness

Tbh that's how it should be with burn DH. Its value scales up with the number of targets it hits. It's carry potential in teamfights is higher than all of the above, so it should be weaker in a 1v1.

Also I should stress. The burst of the build was not touched, only the duration of the burning. They got the exact same treatment as weaver, and considering that build was fire weaver on steroids, I think that's fitting.

That being said. I was completely against it when Anet decided to nerf fire weaver, scrapper, rune of resistance and healbreaker. All of those helped keep burn DH in check in one way or another. The problem with this whack-a-mole balance is that it doesn't balance the game long term. Every time you think you've whacked down every mole, a new one pops up.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Lol sorry, I of course meant it got cut in half twice, was writing this on my phone while walking. Condition damage output is dependent on the condition duration you can apply. Burn Guard got first Permeating Wrath cut by 50% and Eternal Armory as well by 50%, as well as removing one charge from Sword of Justice making it a damage reduction for the build of >75%. Corrected it, thank you for making me aware of that

thats a 50% dmg nerf my man, not even that since burn-guard relies on bursting people, and duration nerf wont prevent it.It will just make it kitten then it already is in smaller-scale fightsOver-all typical anet balance, lets gooo 50% nerf goes brzzt

Maths doesn‘t seem like my strongest subject lol but 50% is still too much. The condition duration nerf is a direct nerf on the burn stacks a Burn DH can apply. You can‘t apply over a certain amount of burn stacks if the burns last 2 seconds, which is the reason no one in plat plays the build anymore, as it started to lose popularity at higher rank already before the patch.

I am not advertising Burn Guard, since I agree that it was degen. What I am saying is that Anet nerfed the damage of Guardian to such a degree, that we have to go full class canon to have the slightest DPS output and even then our damage is easily avoidable through bad mobility.Anet didn‘t just nerf Guardian in general with the February 2020 patch, but consequently destroyed builds afterwards through overnerfs in several balance patches, to the point where a meme build in Burn DH with 0 sustain other than through a rune and with 0 stunbreaks was picked up, because there was no more viable way of applying damage other than running full glass, which is basically the situation we are now in

@Exile.8160 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:Dps guard hits hard and it's as a support still viable just scourge is now overshadowing, but without guard it's only half viable

I agree dps guard hits hard. The problem is after you use 3 or 4 skills to hit "hard" (not hard enough to get a kill most of the time) they have no follow up. On Plat level thats a death sentence for them 80% to 90% of the time.

What doesn't?

its not really the damage, power guard has no defense. once you use your burst you have to surrender point or even rotate cuz its pointless to try and stand toe to toe with classes that have good sustain. add on to that it has bad hard and soft cc, no weakness (the condi), aegis is a failed mechanic imo, so it can't really control a fight like other specs can.

@Shao.7236 said:

What doesn't?

Rev, engi, nec, thief, ranger... even weaver ele.

@"snoow.1694" said:All within one year and all nerfs after the Feb 2020 patch btw. Support Core Guard is next on that list, since after Menders will be removed Tempest with Mist Form and blink or Healbreaker with Shield 5, mobility and Full Counter spam will be more likely to survive as supports than Guardians

puXKBji.jpg

We can go back and the same applies to core guardian, Hammer followed by GS. Power DH. Power FB. Aegis shatter.

Sure this happens with all classes to an extent, but for guardian in particular, every time a build becomes meta it gets deleted. In any case, this is the current state of spvp.

@Exile.8160 said:

What doesn't?

Rev, engi, nec, thief, ranger... even weaver ele.

Maybe Necromancer and Ranger, but Engi, Ele or Rev have the same short comings if you care to play your cards right, as it should be in this game lately. We're getting there.

I and my friend still play Core Guard hammer (Plat)with the ease from back in the days, maybe give it a go yourself. FB surely has seen some bad time and could use some tweaks, but so far I don't see them played fast paced which might be where the gears fail to turn.

DH has strong assets like Core to be good and fun, explore your options I don't think they're that hard to find, the best thing I could say is in 1v1 it works while in teamfights they feel more like a Warrior where you'd rather just y'know. 1v1.

It's honestly no different as Rev, fights are chaotic and usually it's the teamwork that wins, not individual decisions exclusively.

@Khalgir.3862 said:There is a guy on YouTube who is p1 on guardian. He plays power longbow DH and he hits for 11k damage. Literally oneshotting everyone.

My grandmother can take a troll build to P1. Okay... a bit of exaggeration, but P1 for anyone who has been playing this game for years is not remotely a challenge.

Also, when you measure performance of... anything, there needs to be enough statistical evidence to support you conclusions. 1 player, heck 10 players, are no where close to enough. You typically need hundreds, if not thousands, to establish reliable results and conclusions.

Point is, player A taking build B to tier C means... nothing.

@otto.5684 said:

@Khalgir.3862 said:There is a guy on YouTube who is p1 on guardian. He plays power longbow DH and he hits for 11k damage. Literally oneshotting everyone.

My grandmother can take a troll build to P1. Okay... a bit of exaggeration, but P1 for anyone who has been playing this game for years is not remotely a challenge.

Also, when you measure performance of... anything, there needs to be enough statistical evidence to support you conclusions. 1 player, heck 10 players, are no where close to enough. You typically need hundreds, if not thousands, to establish reliable results and conclusions.

Point is, player A taking build B to tier C means... nothing.

Don't really get the point or the purpose of your reply. I didn't state that I had measured performance. Could you please point me out where exactly you see that? Furthermore, I just stated the fact that there were players who can play well even on the builds considered bad.