Contact, Survey, Exit pages (that aren't a support ticket)?

I was wondering if there was any mechanism, outside of posting on the forums (which has historically been frowned upon in any online game I've ever played), where one could provide what amounts to an 'exit survey' for the game?

It doesn't have a subscription, you don't cancel your subscription, which is historically where you might be presented with the opportunity to say something, regardless as to whether what you type goes into a black hole or not.

I was curious if they had anything like that tucked away in some corner? I tried the contact link at the main site, but that seems to just take you to a support ticket. Unless there is a support ticket option that's just a general feedback type, I didn't check that?

What do you mean, exit pages?

You mean like, the surveys that ask you why you're uninstalling a program or something?

If that's what you mean, if you're quitting the game and want to provide feedback, there's no such survey type thing, you can just post on the general discussions forum, they will read it, they do read the forums a lot.

Alternatively, you can also use a support ticket, but if you're quitting and just want to provide some feedback, maybe just use the forums.

I forgot the password to my free account not long after creating it so I stopped logging in to it. A while after that I was sent a survey asking what I thought of the game and why I'd stopped playing. I filled it in but was very honest throughout that I was still playing, just on a different account. I don't know if that means my feedback was useless to them but doing that did lead to me getting my password reset, so something good came out of it at least.

But that was a few years ago and I'm not sure if they still do it.

If you want to send them your thoughts in private the best option is to send a support ticket. Alternatively you could put it on the forum but topics entirely about leaving aren't allowed so it might get locked and if not you'll need to consider that people will treat it like any other forum topic and reply with their own thoughts on the matter. If you're not open to people disagreeing with you and/or trying to persuade you to change your mind you'll need to stay away from the forum as well.

Not planning on leaving today, just filled one out recently for something else, and was reminded I used to get these things from MMOs when I would unsubscribe, and since ArenaNet has no sub for GW2, I wondered how they dealt with it, or cared.

I don't mind people disagreeing with my reasons, I just thought they frowned upon wanting to see posts about why someone is moving on in the forums. I don't think my reasons would be terribly interesting to anyone else. Then there are people that adamantly don't like seeing 'goodbye' type posts, even if ANet allowed them. Not entirely pertinent to the immediate discussion, but I read other people's posts about why they are moving on.

The ticket idea is interesting, I could just post it as an 'account' ticket, and they can either throw it away, or if it ever became useful in the future ("how many people reference this as one of the reasons they stop playing?"), it might be out there somewhere in a database.

Thanks.

Well we know Anet can tell when someone last logged in because it's shown in the guild menu, so I assume that's the metric they use to tell if someone has quit. But I don't know if they send everyone a survey after a while or if they just send them out to a random selection of former players every so often.

Surveying everyone all the time could get pretty impractical. You'd want the survey to go out relatively soon after someone stopped playing, to get their thoughts at that time, but GW2 is designed to allow players to take breaks, even for months at a time, without a problem so it's not unusual for people who do still like the game to stop for a while and then come back to it. So you might end up surveying a lot of people who actually haven't quit, and then their feedback isn't much good and if the same person gets it repeatedly they might get fed up with being asked.

As long as you keep the post clean, you can also use the forums. If it is your final resume, you do not need to revisit it. We have this situation once in a while. Many people engage in the 'discussion', try to change OP's mind, but they just never show up again. Opposite to the common understanding of the wannabe-prophets, most of the negative criticism is tolerated on the forums. Just keep the post free from hate-speech and insults. If you change your mind a little later? Not a problem at all. We have countless of writers who are still active and even playing, who officially quit with a personal thread ages ago. No one is going to tease you for that.

I prefer the forums. Sometimes you hit a nerve in the community and get a lot of appreciation. Sometimes not, but you spark a final discussion with that post. A process where some people side with a certain opinion and probably think about what you write from another perspective. Some of these quit-threads actually influenced the discussions of the following months in a certain way. Complaints and appreciations, but also QOL requests can contain other aspects and lead into another direction. At least it is worth a try. If you enjoyed the game for some time, let your final message be more than just a quit-note.