Almost 8 months since EoD trailer. When is the next teaser/reveal?

PoF and HoT didnt take this long for extra content of what to expect. After that small teaser the hype is gone and this game feels stale as it always had without something new worth holding onto. Get-into-gear anet.

im sure you can muster 3 skills that work just fine on one elite spec to show per week. like the chronomancer had for HoT.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reason the first trailer was released so early was because Anet saw that GW2 didn't make enough money and used the expac tactic to keep us hooked until then so we can all buy the gemstore stuff released until EoD.

I'd say don't expect anything but a small teaser for the prelude of the expac by the end of the abomination known as Champions.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:Only reason the first trailer was released so early was because Anet saw that GW2 didn't make enough money and used the expac tactic to keep us hooked until then so we can all buy the gemstore stuff released until EoD.

I'd say don't expect anything but a small teaser for the prelude of the expac by the end of the abomination known as Champions.

DRMS are lame addition to quelch our thirst for more content. seems like something blizzard would have advised.

Odds are we won't see anything until the end of IBS because they're reticent to spoil anything before that story concludes, up to and including terrain assets judging by the Sunqua Peak Guild Chat.

@"aspirine.6852" said:A few pictures would be nice, and not too much to ask..They did do that in December, albeit it was only 4 or 5 images that didn't really tell us much.https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/see-you-in-2021/

@Zephire.8049 said:Odds are we won't see anything until the end of IBS because they're reticent to spoil anything before that story concludes, up to and including terrain assets judging by the Sunqua Peak Guild Chat.

@"aspirine.6852" said:A few pictures would be nice, and not too much to ask..They did do that in December, albeit it was only 4 or 5 images that didn't really tell us much.

Those were some nice concepts but like you said not telling much. Just perhaps that echovald buildings could look really good..

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Zephire.8049 said:Odds are we won't see anything until the end of IBS because they're reticent to spoil anything before that story concludes, up to and including terrain assets judging by the Sunqua Peak Guild Chat.

@aspirine.6852 said:A few pictures would be nice, and not too much to ask..They did do that in December, albeit it was only 4 or 5 images that didn't really tell us much.

Those were some nice concepts but like you said not telling much. Just perhaps that echovald buildings could look really good..

Yeah. Pretty concept art only goes so far.

I get Anet not wanting to spoil the main story, but periodic location and creature concept art would go a long way in easing some of the frustration at the lack of information for EoD. Plus we already know it will be in Cantha which means we know the locations and creatures from GW1 so neither is really a spoiler unless it's brand new.

@Zephire.8049 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:A few pictures would be nice, and not too much to ask..They did do that in December, albeit it was only 4 or 5 images that didn't really tell us much.

I get Anet not wanting to spoil the main story, but periodic location and creature concept art would go a long way in easing some of the frustration at the lack of information for EoD. Plus we already know it will be in Cantha which means we know the locations and creatures from GW1 so neither is really a spoiler unless it's brand new.

new elite specs dont mess with the story either as no one can spoil the new story from elite specs alone.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

new elite specs dont mess with the story either as no one can spoil the new story from elite specs alone.

It depends on the elite spec and with elite specs there can be an issue of people hearing a concept and hyping it up way too much and then getting angry when the reality of a spec is different than what they expected, even if literally nothing was said about a spec but the name.

That said, if they were to put out various concept art (possibly even models and renders) of places, creatures, and even characters, they could tease elite specs without saying anything about them and that would avoid the above situation. Or find another way to tease or reveal elite specs that wouldn't cause issues down the line because players built up their expectations far too high.

But the bottom line is that they could have been way better about showing what's going on with EoD while still keeping hard information close to their chest during IBS and hopefully come the finale of that, they'll start showing players what they've been working on while utilizing some of the worst grind I've come across in an MMO to keep players playing. 'cause they really did drop the ball there.

Icebrood Saga ends at the end of the month with the last champions episode. I imagine the finale will tie into EoD since the first description we got on them was that the finale would be felt "even across the sea".I'm glad they haven't said much on EoD yet, It's much smarter to start promo closer to release. I'm hoping they give us at least 2 months of proper trailers and promotion to hype up the expansion. They'll have been working on it for almost a year it'd be a shame if they didn't promote or give time for word to spread outside of the GW2 bubble.

There are so many things they could show us without spoiling anything. We already know about many of the creatures in Cantha from GW1. Why doesn't ANet show us screenshots or even short video clips of their GW2 counterparts?It's almost like they don't want people to talk about the expansion out of fear someone might actually want to buy it.Give us something to talk about!

Wow, the craving for more and more information is intense with some of you. It's totally okay for the devs to tell us what they want when they want. There is no rule about when previews must happen. Life is nicer when you just sit back and enjoy the wait... I know, I'm old. I'll see myself out now ?

@Fueki.4753 said:Arenanet most likely announced the expansion as some kind of emergency button after they realized that Season 5 is a massive failure.I wouldn't be surprised if they currently don't have anything that is ready for presentation.

I agree

When everything fall apart and people were on rage, they suddenly presented a single picture with the Cantha themed bridge.I wouldn't wonder if they pushed the emergency button and started to develop.So i am really skeptical with a release in 2021. Hopefully it won't released in chunks

I'm looking forward to seeing the tons of new Medium Armor sets that look just like the GW1 Assassin armor from Cantha without any unnessary addons/alterations like stapled on buttcapes. It's basically a "100% must happen" type of thing that will make or break the game so I'm positive there'll be tons of awesome skin-tight Thief skins to bring back that "gotta go fast" look of GW1 Assassins. So excited to finally get this after 3145 days of waiting, not including the future days wait till release. Thanks Anet for putting in so much hard work to restore such beautiful Canthan armor. The Luxon Assassin armor is especially fantastic. I wonder if their giant turtles will still around to ride while wearing it.

Hmm, let's see. Icebrood Saga announce August 20, 2019 (3rd quarter 2019). End of Dragons was announced March 12, 2020 (1st quarter 2020)Revenue for 2nd quarter 2019 - 15, 882Revenue for 3rd quarter 2019 - 15, 138

Revenue for 4th quarter 2019 - 11, 331Revenue for 1st quarter 2020 - 12, 530 (These 2 quarters having revenue similar to 2nd quarter 2017 - 13,550)

There was an increase in the next quarter (2nd quarter 2020) - 15, 639 (Similar to 2nd quarter 2019)And another in the 3rd quarter 2020 - 18, 818 (About the same revenue as 2nd quarter 2018 - 19,860 or 3rd quarter 2017 - 20,145)

Either news about EoD was slow to be assimilated, or some other reason for an uptick in revenue. Gem Store offerings? Sales on expansions?

And, the last quarter we have revenue information on, so far, 4th quarter 2020 - 14,166

Not sure what effect, exactly, the announcement had on revenue. But, I'm sure that when End of Dragons is offered for sale, revenue will increase.

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:"Emergency Button" Are you serious ? I strongly disagree. The game is doing fine.

I think the game was doing ok but there were obvious problems with how they wanted to do things going forward, A living world only format was never going to draw in or retain players like semi-regular expansions would and I think that was realized half way trough the Icebrood saga. So not necessarily an emergency button but similar.

I'm just glad they realized it and decided to do what's best.