Musical instruments

For those of us that are terrible at music but want to use our instruments, is there a way to play a macro song or something?

If not it would be great if we could just play notes in order according to a song, record it, and then play it back. So if you're slow and following some guide on how to play a certain song you can do it slowly and then just play it like normal after. :(

Or copy someone else's notes kinda like build templates.

Just learn to play something easy, its a great way to get into basic music theory and that game skill transfers to real life too.

You can never know what sort of a musician lives inside if you dont drag it out, and you would be doing a disservice to yourself by skipping this process through automation.

Thought I couldn't learn as well and made a mistake by spending gold on the flute a few years ago, but struggling with it till I learned has caused me to cut down on my time spent playing gw a lot and spend it on learning guitar irl instead.

On top of being really hard, this hurts like crazy at first as well xD but the pain is definitely worth it.

Botting will just waste your time, and its often not as fun as audience to listen to a perfectly executed macro as to someone playing with soul, even if they make some mistakes.

@"Tiilimon.6094" said:On top of being really hard, this hurts like crazy at first as well xD but the pain is definitely worth it.

If you're talking about guitar pain, get lighter strings and string lube. :wink:

Botting will just waste your time, and its often not as fun as audience to listen to a perfectly executed macro as to someone playing with soul, even if they make some mistakes.

It depends. Some people have really bad internet connections and no matter how "well" you play, it might not translate well to an actual song in game because all GW2 music is, is basically pressing skills. Due to that, skill lag can really mess up your performance even if you practice. If you have good ping though - as a musician myself - i tend to agree, performing something yourself beats any "play" button type thing like macros. :smile:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:High latency will also mess up macros, sometimes even worse than actually tapping keys, especially with chords from 2+ octaves.

Not if you slow them down, create a slower tempo. This can be tuned to minimise the latency, but anyway, like i said, it's fun to play something, even if it's a game instrument so you know... No macros! :tongue: