Minstrel Immob Druid?

mistsim.2748

Been away for a while and I know Druid has always been subpar for zerging. But lately I've been running the immob Soulbeast to great effect. What about an immob Druid?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEYiNssB2CjjFyOxiV6tpC-zVRYjRNDJ4yIzSI9Mw3B-w

Vine Surge with Quickdraw looks pretty OP.

WS alternative might be even better: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEYiNssB2CjjFyOxTWytpC-zVRYjRNDJ4yIzSI9Mw3B-w

Anyone mess with this at all? It's a lot of burst healing (Rejuv Glyph does work), 3-4 sources of hefty aoe immob, lots of condi cleanse (especially if blasting a light field), and a whole bunch of low priority boons. It doesn't replace the Scrapper, but damn, does it ever immob. Staff 4 got some hefty buffs a while back and it's super easy to apply.

I love my immob Soulbeast because it puts out a lot of pain, but this has more immob and some decent heal output. Not meta or anything but one or two of these certainly seem worthwhile in a zerg, right? If you're not healing and buffing, you're immobilizing. There's always something useful to do?

Keep in mind immob become resistances vs conversion mostly from PoP eng effect so your soft cc start to help the other team if you cant boon strip. This is why scrapper root was always better (though it was harder to land) as the scrapper can strip that boon.

@Jski.6180 said:Keep in mind immob become resistances vs conversion mostly from PoP eng effect so your soft cc start to help the other team if you cant boon strip. This is why scrapper root was always better (though it was harder to land) as the scrapper can strip that boon.

Good tip, I didn't know that. Meta has changed a lot since I last did ZvZ/GvG 3-4 years back. I imagine this would best work in an organized group, as an alternative to the immob SB. I guess the good thing is this build can quite literally spam multiple instances of immob.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Keep in mind immob become resistances vs conversion mostly from PoP eng effect so your soft cc start to help the other team if you cant boon strip. This is why scrapper root was always better (though it was harder to land) as the scrapper can strip that boon.

Good tip, I didn't know that. Meta has changed a lot since I last did ZvZ/GvG 3-4 years back. I imagine this would best work in an organized group, as an alternative to the immob SB. I guess the good thing is this build can quite literally spam multiple instances of immob.

Ya its been like that for some time in wvw its not a good meta. At least the older version where resistance would become immob when corrupted had some counter play but now its become a chill that become alacrity (witch is another problem with builds outside of the meta).