Can we get some more melee looking Staves?

99% of staves in this game looks like wizard's staves. There are only 2 or 3 exceptions. That's kind of weird, because we have two professions that use staff as a melee weapon: Revenant and Daredevil. Can we get more staff skins that looks like a melee staff (something like Daredevil's base staff skin) or at least looks more like a spear?

• Thanks 1

Seconded! My daredevil is plenty happy with his metal clad bo stick but variations would be nice. They can be fancy, have interesting end pieces, they just need to be symmetric (ie both ends the same or maybe a bashing end and a slashing end) and have end pieces that look like something you'd use to bash or cut without worrying about breaking your pretty arcane focus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There Are plenty of Staves that look decent for hitting people.Adamant Guard Staffthe Charr Legion StavesBoCandy Cane StaffDaredeveil's StaffDarkspear

And that's just a few, but there definitely are more than three staves that look fine for hitting people.There even are Staves that look like Spears, in case Warrior gets a two-handed landspear elite specialization with with End of Dragons.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:My favorite staff for smacking people around is Lightward's Battlestaff.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Lightward%27s_Battlestaff

My favorite on rev.Before I acquired that skin I loved the guild pillar too. Very brutal looking weapon with that chain on it.The dominator staff from bl keys is aggressive looking too.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:I don't even care much what they look like as long as they are symmetrical. Why most designers of weapons/armors for games love asymmetry so much is beyond me.

Pole-arms tend to be asymmetrical.

Yeah. Obviously a staff isn't the same as a spear or halberd.

But a melee style staff effectively is.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:I don't even care much what they look like as long as they are symmetrical. Why most designers of weapons/armors for games love asymmetry so much is beyond me.

Yeah. Obviously a staff isn't the same as a spear or halberd.DD animations work equally fine with both.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Yeah. Obviously a staff isn't the same as a spear or halberd.DD animations work equally fine with both.

It's actually pretty dumb to swing them like they were symmetrical considering the random, bloated tip on one end and nothing/a smaller version on the other. Works? Yeah, works in the sense that you can kill a massive dragon as an Asura by stabbing it really hard multiple times.

• 2 years later...

Finally found this topic, just created thief trying out Daredevil, as soon as i get Daredevil master all point, i found out the way they holding stick, kind like kids holding a broom stick, using 2 hand, 1st time playing staff class, it would be more cool if Anet re-animation so call ? holding stick while running or standing just using 1 hard holding 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1