I dare Cmc to....

Exile.8160

I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Prime light beam still doesn't do damage.Holographic shockwave still guaranteed crits for 7 damage.Executioner's scythe still has an execute... that does 7 damage.Hammer Warrior still has multiple skills that deal 7 damage.300 cd traits still haven't been reworkedOvernerfed builds are never addressed.

@Kuma.1503 said:I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Prime light beam still doesn't do damage.Holographic shockwave still guaranteed crits for 7 damage.Executioner's scythe still has an execute... that does 7 damage.Hammer Warrior still has multiple skills that deal 7 damage.300 cd traits still haven't been reworkedOvernerfed builds are never addressed.

Hmm those have been discusse they do that low dmg because they cc too. So either remove the cc and raise the dmg or vice versa.

Anyways this post is for him to try and make a dps guard build in this meta NOT for other problems in pvp.

Guardian is performing fine lately.

It's just no longer capable of running a full sustain build while dropping massive aoe burn damage all over the place, which shouldn't have been happening to begin with.

You guys have got to understand that you're coming off a top tier high where your builds were OP for quite some time. It is normal for other classes to have to sacrifice sustain and dedicate utility slots to burst utility if you want to deal damage. It is normal for a build that deals damage to have points where it is vulnerable and easily killed if it does bad positioning or misuses skills.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Guardian is performing fine lately.

It's just no longer capable of running a full sustain build while dropping massive aoe burn damage all over the place, which shouldn't have been happening to begin with.

This right here shows me you dont know what burn dh ran and yet you tell me dps guards is "fine". Burn dh had really low sustain and almost no mobility but big aoe condi dmg.

@Exile.8160 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Guardian is performing fine lately.

This right here shows me you dont know what burn dh ran and yet you tell me dps guards is "fine". Burn dh had really low sustain and almost no mobility but big aoe condi dmg.

I made a video that had gotten like 4k hits on twitch, demonstrating Burn DH myself. I am quite aware of what the build ran.

But aside from that, you mentioned "Guardian" in your OP post. This is why I chimed in talking about "Guardians" and their sustain, not Dragonhunters.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Guardian is performing fine lately.

I made a video that had gotten like 4k hits on twitch, demonstrating Burn DH myself. I am quite aware of what the build ran.

But aside from that, you mentioned "Guardian" in your OP post. This is why I chimed in talking about "Guardians" and their sustain, not Dragonhunters.

You mention aoe burn dmg and the last meta the aoe burn dmg build was DH burn. Core burn was good but nowhere near dh builds in terms of aoe and being meta.

And aside from the fact that after symbolbrand got gutted burn was the only way to deal actual dmg consistently with a guard on high ranks.

@"Kodama.6453" said:Guardian does have a meta build, why do you think it is necessary for a dps build specifically to be meta for them?

Other classes are happy that they have a meta build at all, yet guardians complaining "we don't have enough meta builds"....

Why is it bad that we want to deal dmg too? Instead of being hard stuck on a support, bunker or healer build 24/7? Atleast other classes with 1 meta build ends up a fun dps build.

See the diffrencens? Playing a dps is so diffrent than being hard stuck on a support build.

Ive seen post that want buffs to other classes yet when we guards do it we are greedy?

@Exile.8160 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Hmm those have been discusse they do that low dmg because they cc too. So either remove the cc and raise the dmg or vice versa.

Anyways this post is for him to try and make a dps guard build in this meta
NOT
for other problems in pvp.

7 damage is no damage, it was a dumb change it it will always be a dumb change. People often want to reference MOBAs for balance here for the "ideal" balance, fun fact CCs in MOBAs do both.

Zeal Virtues Radiance, take all damage traits, and Berserker's amulet. "If YoU WaNt To dO dAmAgE, YoU BuIlD FoR DaMaGe."

Stand Your Ground!: Increased cooldown from 45 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only.Pure of Heart: Reduced heal scaling from 0.3 to 0.15 in PvP only.Virtue of Resolve: Reduced heal scaling from 1.4 to 1.0 in PvP only.Shield of Judgment: Reduced protection duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Permeating Wrath: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Eternal Armory: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Sword of Justice: Reduced ammunition count from 3 to 2 in PvP only. Increased cooldown between skill uses from 1 second to 5 seconds in PvP only.

So 2 sources of burning were nerfed, and suddenly guard is useless and cant do damage? Is casting SoJ the only thing burn guards did? Also am i just imagining the power builds that are capable of dealing high burst damage while being tanky with all their blocks, healing and cleansing?

@Exile.8160 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:I dare him to fix the mess he made over a year ago.

Anyways this post is for him to try and make a dps guard build in this meta
NOT
for other problems in pvp.

Why anyone ever thought that the a binary procedure of if skill has stun, knockdown, knockback, launch, or pull then power coeficient = .01 was ever a good idea in a game with so many variables is crazy. That he was made the sole head of pvp balance and people actually agree with him is absurd. There are so many parameters to most skills like cast times, CDs, resource requirements, hitboxes, tons of potential for baked in utility, which should all be considered wholistically instead of the stupidity that has gone on over a year. Maybe we should make all skills do negligible damage if they have any sort of utility tied to them at all, that'll make this game more fun /s.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Stand Your Ground!: Increased cooldown from 45 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only.Pure of Heart: Reduced heal scaling from 0.3 to 0.15 in PvP only.Virtue of Resolve: Reduced heal scaling from 1.4 to 1.0 in PvP only.Shield of Judgment: Reduced protection duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Permeating Wrath: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Eternal Armory: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Sword of Justice: Reduced ammunition count from 3 to 2 in PvP only. Increased cooldown between skill uses from 1 second to 5 seconds in PvP only.

So 2 sources of burning were nerfed, and suddenly guard is useless and cant do damage? Is casting SoJ the only thing burn guards did? Also am i just imagining the power builds that are capable of dealing high burst damage while being tanky with all their blocks, healing and cleansing?

Yes thats alll it took for the build to die out. Remeber all that build had was burning as a condi thats it it easy to remove becuase there were no other way to stack other condies to get removed before burning.

Some people dont really take into account since they never touch a guard. For guard to have power dmg equal to other classes like thief ranger rev etc they need bezerker which leaves them with 11k health!

Yes guards have the lowest healthpool in the game And thats with getting stuck with runes of mobility since guards mobility its horrible!

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Stand Your Ground!: Increased cooldown from 45 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only.Pure of Heart: Reduced heal scaling from 0.3 to 0.15 in PvP only.Virtue of Resolve: Reduced heal scaling from 1.4 to 1.0 in PvP only.Shield of Judgment: Reduced protection duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Permeating Wrath: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Eternal Armory: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.Sword of Justice: Reduced ammunition count from 3 to 2 in PvP only. Increased cooldown between skill uses from 1 second to 5 seconds in PvP only.

Guards only have ~6 sources of burning in the entire class. So yeah, the primary 2 sources getting nerfed is a big deal.

Power guard has ~3 abilities that actually do reasonable damage. And none of them are very burst focused. Guard has almost no actual sources of block, just F3 and shield 4 give aegis. Guard has the standard 1 heal and only gets anything more if they take staff (very low damage) or meditation grandmaster trait in an awful line. If they take the grandmaster trait, they lose access to DH because 2 other damage lines are necessary to actually function.

Overall, power guard is bad. Medi guard has been C-D teir for pretty much forever and has been collateral damage for every guard nerf in the past 2 years. So no, they aren't tanky and they don't do much damage.

Meme hunter was fun, all burst, no sustain(heal was used for blind), no invuln(blocks are counterable), but it got 7 damage treatment, then removed traits treatment, then Anet broke the teleport cause 7 damage with no sustain is too OP for those bunker condis, bet thief teleport stomp gets ignored.That 2k true shot vs ranger 10k rapid fire+ pet wonderful balance.Fresh windows 10 with no traces of guildwars2 is feeling pretty good.

@avey.4201 said:Meme hunter was fun, all burst, no sustain(heal was used for blind), no invuln(blocks are counterable), but it got 7 damage treatment, then removed traits treatment, then Anet broke the teleport cause 7 damage with no sustain is too OP for those bunker condis, bet thief teleport stomp gets ignored.That 2k true shot vs ranger 10k rapid fire+ pet wonderful balance.Fresh windows 10 with no traces of guildwars2 is feeling pretty good.

Please this is a post about guardians and their dps problems. I get that other builds have them too but I didnt make this post for them.

@Zephoid.4263 said:

Guards only have ~6 sources of burning in the entire class. So yeah, the primary 2 sources getting nerfed is a big deal.

Power guard has ~3 abilities that actually do reasonable damage. And none of them are very burst focused. Guard has almost no actual sources of block, just F3 and shield 4 give aegis. Guard has the standard 1 heal and only gets anything more if they take staff (very low damage) or meditation grandmaster trait in an awful line. If they take the grandmaster trait, they lose access to DH because 2 other damage lines are necessary to actually function.

Overall, power guard is bad. Medi guard has been C-D teir for pretty much forever and has been collateral damage for every guard nerf in the past 2 years. So no, they aren't tanky and they don't do much damage.

Forgot to mention how the F1 source which works on every single attack you have including auto 1 spam.

Even while wearing Berserker gear, the F1 source alone is still outputting burns vs. a single target, which ends up being significant damage boost with might stacks.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Forgot to mention how the F1 source which works on every single attack you have including auto 1 spam.

Even while wearing Berserker gear, the F1 source alone is still outputting burns vs. a single target, which ends up being significant damage boost with might stacks.

Really? Lol

Thats not even a factor on a bezerker build. Every 4 for attacks you deal a wooping 500 something dmg over 4 sec ( which will most likely not even finish).

@Exile.8160 said:

Yes thats alll it took for the build to die out. Remeber all that build had was burning as a condi thats it it easy to remove becuase there were no other way to stack other condies to get removed before burning.

Some people dont really take into account since they never touch a guard. For guard to have power dmg equal to other classes like thief ranger rev etc they need bezerker which leaves them with 11k health!

Yes guards have the lowest healthpool in the game And thats with getting stuck with runes of mobility since guards mobility its horrible!

Im not saying guard is an S tier dps that is on the level of holo or prev. It does have damage if you use the right builds though. I play zerker ele and do fine, even in plat games vs top duos. Just because its not meta doesnt mean its useless.

Yes, you're just imagining that.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:The dare should be let him play spvp/wvw with the classes that got lazy nerfs. I cant imagine the devs actually playing their own game thinking that the February balance patch was ok. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL.

And guard doesnt fit that critiria why? After the feb patch its been non stop guard nerfs one after another.