World Linking 3/26/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@"Shroud.2307" said:as Mag absolutely hates SF.

Good thing the feeling is mutual.

What don't I know about my server? Why does Mag hate us?I am not from mag but have been linked with them a few times as of late. Its not that Mag hates SF because its SF necessarily. Its because the lack of total participation from the server. It is hard to win fights when you don't have the numbers. So when you know you have to be grouped for weeks knowing that you mostly will be unsuccessful. Resentment builds and lack of interest to fight a losing battle. EBAY also gets this wrap as well.

I can recall times when we were linked with SF and EBAY where in a squad of 50 you would have 2 to 4 people from either of those servers. While we commended those who were playing it was clear who as a whole were not playing.

Hope that helps...

It does. I myself only pop in on occasion so I get it. We must just be mostly PvE. Thanks for the explanation. I'll make it a point to drop in more often. I just get bored when I can't find a tag running. The few times I've tagged have been... interesting though I post up front that I don't know how to lead in WvW properly. This is a game mode that is epic when the people are there. It is terrible when they aren't. I'm Eastern time. What time is Mag usually on?That's a loaded question when it comes to Mag. Mag is to some degree always on. But more so during prime time hours. If you play WvW for any amount of time you will hear the term Mag Cloud. This refers to a large group of players scattered out all over the place rather than a common zerg that tries to stay concentrated in a single area. This "Cloud" most of the time occurs when a commander is not leading and is typically protecting some Tier 3 objective. So when paired with mag you need to ask in Team Chat where the fights are and then you will find the groups of people fighting along side each other.

@Excursion.9752 said:

What don't I know about my server? Why does Mag hate us?I am not from mag but have been linked with them a few times as of late. Its not that Mag hates SF because its SF necessarily. Its because the lack of total participation from the server. It is hard to win fights when you don't have the numbers. So when you know you have to be grouped for weeks knowing that you mostly will be unsuccessful. Resentment builds and lack of interest to fight a losing battle. EBAY also gets this wrap as well.

I can recall times when we were linked with SF and EBAY where in a squad of 50 you would have 2 to 4 people from either of those servers. While we commended those who were playing it was clear who as a whole were not playing.

Hope that helps...

It does. I myself only pop in on occasion so I get it. We must just be mostly PvE. Thanks for the explanation. I'll make it a point to drop in more often. I just get bored when I can't find a tag running. The few times I've tagged have been... interesting though I post up front that I don't know how to lead in WvW properly. This is a game mode that is epic when the people are there. It is terrible when they aren't. I'm Eastern time. What time is Mag usually on?That's a loaded question when it comes to Mag. Mag is to some degree always on. But more so during prime time hours. If you play WvW for any amount of time you will hear the term Mag Cloud. This refers to a large group of players scattered out all over the place rather than a common zerg that tries to stay concentrated in a single area. This "Cloud" most of the time occurs when a commander is not leading and is typically protecting some Tier 3 objective. So when paired with mag you need to ask in Team Chat where the fights are and then you will find the groups of people fighting along side each other.

Thanks for the info ?

The NA links are looking so good. I see 5 servers able to win T1 which is much better than usual. The price of it is probably some weak links but I guess they will have a fair competition in T3-T4. Everything isnt in place yet but after a couple of weeks most tiers should be highly competitive.

Atm, most servers got a kdr of around 1 and its a good sign of a good balance.

Everything can change, so predictions are only predictions but so far I got to say gj and ty ANET!

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

Hope that helps...

Thanks for the info ?

Note that while "always on" is mostly true, Mag has a major down time slot in the early AM EST. Between 4 and 9AM there are usually like... 3 people per map.

@manu.7539 said:The NA links are looking so good. I see 5 servers able to win T1 which is much better than usual. The price of it is probably some weak links but I guess they will have a fair competition in T3-T4. Everything isnt in place yet but after a couple of weeks most tiers should be highly competitive.

Everything can change, so predictions are only predictions but so far I got to say gj and ty ANET!

ya right..

You probably have a good link. If you look at the score, it's probably the most unbalance link in a while.

ANET is encouraging bullying and toxic gameplay in Wvw. By stacking servers like they do, those stacked servers just keep insulting and laughing at smaller server like CD and ET. We always outnumbered 5,10,15 vs 1. After that, those guilds nice youtube videos wipping all squads and make great publicity for Anet. Unfortunatly, the user experience is aweful for server who are being bully like us. Anet should fix those recent link because the game is unplayable..

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:The NA links are looking so good. I see 5 servers able to win T1 which is much better than usual. The price of it is probably some weak links but I guess they will have a fair competition in T3-T4. Everything isnt in place yet but after a couple of weeks most tiers should be highly competitive.

ya right..

You probably have a good link. If you look at the score, it's probably the most unbalance link in a while.

Yes, I got a good link! After such a boring domination in NA T1 I guess its a nice idea to generate more competition in highest tiers and with so many packed links T1 should be more competitve. The cost is to have some weak links that will be stuck in T3-T4 but its for the greater good! Lowest tiers should be more balanced in a week or 2 so dont lose faith!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:I personally don't mind FSP with Vizunah again tbh. After 2 months linked together, we flow more effectively. Now if veterans from FSP are not satisfied, not my problem and frankly, no gonna care.Maybe 2 months more could teach Vizunah scouts to talk sense instead of going "p1" or "p2" all the time, but I have doubts.

bois... u really don't communicate with your others, do you? that's french players, p1 p2 = outer and inner; "bus" is zerg, droit (draaaahh) is right. i ran sometimes with french leads, despite not understanding more than nothing initially. u kinda learn what the things mean, plus voice height changes. and u don't want them to lead in english, bc they're too slow at that.

and no doddler, u won't get french players to report in english.

@Tilen.5027 assuming anyone cares... the hamster wheel keeps turning. welcome to Wvw. servers have no identity anyways. i talked with several people of several severs, it's pretty much the same in another painting on every server. unlinked feels dead, some links just don't work, some are brokenly big. this ain't knew. people complained in 2017 about this stuff, yet we're still on the same spot.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 these links lmfao. nearly happy that i cannot play atm...

@SWI.4127 assuming he did start working yet kekw

@Anne Nicholl.7518 what do we expect... the link system is dysfunctional anyways. it needs to be removed and sth new shoulda replaced it a long long time ago. we play a relict.

@lare.5129 yeah, have fun camping inside your keeps, try to not fall asleep there :)

@Khorg.2195 just don't blame the players... we have to deal with a broken system. ppl jump servers bc they seek content. yet pugs seriously sometimes believe they alone can carry a server, which is just absurd. guild are the heart and the brain after all, that pumps the blood and gives the communication of the nervous system

@gebrechen.5643 genious move. rewards are yet locked for 1 week, plus they are bad enough. if u force people to be stuck for that long, they will just make more alt accounts instead. Wvw is the most time consuming format for one of the worst reward systems in whole gw2. so just don't plant odd ideas into the devs heads, thank you.

@PierPiero.9142 manu lives in his own world, better let him sleep in his bubble.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:I personally don't mind FSP with Vizunah again tbh. After 2 months linked together, we flow more effectively. Now if veterans from FSP are not satisfied, not my problem and frankly, no gonna care.Maybe 2 months more could teach Vizunah scouts to talk sense instead of going "p1" or "p2" all the time, but I have doubts.

bois... u really don't communicate with your others, do you? that's french players, p1 p2 = outer and inner; "bus" is zerg, droit (draaaahh) is right. i ran sometimes with french leads, despite not understanding more than nothing initially. u kinda learn what the things mean, plus voice height changes. and u don't want them to lead in english, bc they're too slow at that.

and no doddler, u won't get french players to report in english.

You know, I said talk sense, not talk french. Its the lousy scouting terminology I take offense to.

When someone says "p1" on undercroft, where the kitten on outer are they because there are 3 kitten doors, 6 kitten walls and 4 or so kitten cliff positions?!?!?

That is what I need to know.

Fyi I actually had french in school as secondary language. Cant speak it for crap, but I understand bits and pieces enough.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Btw there are 3 full servers on the EU now, compared to NA who has 13 iirc.

It looks like PPT or population/coverage wise it's a little more balanced at least after only two weeks.

Yeah T1 is really balanced...

I meant in NA with its four Tiers, but they have 13 full servers, using the same population algorithm I would think.

The forums stopped working for me, there must be a patch inc.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Btw there are 3 full servers on the EU now, compared to NA who has 13 iirc.

It looks like PPT or population/coverage wise it's a little more balanced at least after only two weeks.

I meant in NA with its four Tiers, but they have 13 full servers, using the same population algorithm I would think.

The forums stopped working for me, there must be a patch inc.

You're lucky, the game itself stopped working for me :/

@manu.7539 said:

ya right..

Yes, I got a good link! After such a boring domination in NA T1 I guess its a nice idea to generate more competition in highest tiers and with so many packed links T1 should be more competitve. The cost is to have some weak links that will be stuck in T3-T4 but its for the greater good! Lowest tiers should be more balanced in a week or 2 so dont lose faith!

ya right..

Thats the problem with this game, instead of asking change that benefit everyone, people only care about themself. It wont balance itself. We are outnumbered 22hrs on 24. AR have all our stuff in EBG since friday. We cant event compete. The always have 30 more than us.Who care about balancing T1 when others servers cant even play the game. Look a the score, its a real joke

@pieddroit.2374 said:

ya right..

ya right..

Thats the problem with this game, instead of asking change that benefit everyone, people only care about themself. It wont balance itself. We are outnumbered 22hrs on 24. AR have all our stuff in EBG since friday. We cant event compete. The always have 30 more than us.Who care about balancing T1 when others servers cant even play the game. Look a the score, its a real joke

Its certainly a bad week and i know the feeling! AR+BP is a huge link of 2 very good fighting servers and should not come back in t3 even if they try to! Next weeks should be more balanced. Obviously the 2 first weeks after the relink werent balanced at all. AR and FC should have started at least in T2.

The biggest problem with servers being full is people are in the server that probably do not step foot into WvW at all. For example CD could have 5k people in it but only 500 goes in WvW while the other 4.5k is PvE exclusive. Which is something I don't understand because in PvE you can do content regardless of what server you are in.

@Salt Mode.3780 said:The biggest problem with servers being full is people are in the server that probably do not step foot into WvW at all. For example CD could have 5k people in it but only 500 goes in WvW while the other 4.5k is PvE exclusive. Which is something I don't understand because in PvE you can do content regardless of what server you are in.

PvE hours do nothing for your WvW status. It’s been stated by devs that it is active play hours inside WvW only.